Let's Assume Scott Frost is the New SU HC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let's Assume Scott Frost is the New SU HC

That's some pricey real estate... and one of the reasons why I don't live in Monmouth County.
Yeah, me neither. We looked in my inlaws neighborhood in Colts Neck when we were house hunting 2 years ago, but quickly realized that wasn't going to happen. Now I'm in Middlesex County, close enough to check out Kid Mamba play hoops this year.

The PS posted an article over the weekend on how the assistants were told they were being terminated. In it, it was noted that they were all told they needed to turn in their phones, keys and laptops by Monday.

This is unusual. The assistants typically stay on board and continue to recruit, schedule visits, etc. until the new HC is hired and it is decided if they will be retained or not.

Based on this, it sounds extremely unlikely any of the assistants are going to be retained.

I would also think this move indicates Coyle expects to make a hire extremely quickly, and has a good idea who that hire is going to be. Would assume the new hire told him that he has no interest in the current assistants.

The PS posted an article on how the assistants were told they were being terminated. In it, it was noted that they were all told they needed to turn in their phones, keys and laptops by Monday.

This is unusual. The assistants typically stay on board and continue to recruit, schedule visits, etc. until the new HC is hired and it is decided if they will be retained or not.

Based on this, it sounds extremely unlikely any of the assistants are going to be retained.

I would also think this move indicates Coyle expects to make a hire extremely quickly, and has a good idea who that hire is going to be. Would assume the new hire told him that he has no interest in the current assistants.
It is extremely unusual. And it also could be that Coyle did not want to retain anyone with loyalties/ties to Shafer.

The PS posted an article over the weekend on how the assistants were told they were being terminated. In it, it was noted that they were all told they needed to turn in their phones, keys and laptops by Monday.

Absolutely, and the announcement 1 week early. It would be shocking if we didn't hear real soon, and probably a really bad sign. ( Something went wrong )

It is extremely unusual. And it also could be that Coyle did not want to retain anyone with loyalties/ties to Shafer.

Is that up to Coyle, or the new Coach-elect?

Is that up to Coyle, or the new Coach-elect?

I haven't heard an announcement of a new HC yet. And almost every program that goes through transition retains a few staff members for continuity.

So the Dolphins just fired Bill Lazor... I know he has connections to Chip Kelly, but does he have any to Frost?

sutomcat said:
The PS posted an article over the weekend on how the assistants were told they were being terminated. In it, it was noted that they were all told they needed to turn in their phones, keys and laptops by Monday. This is unusual. The assistants typically stay on board and continue to recruit, schedule visits, etc. until the new HC is hired and it is decided if they will be retained or not. Based on this, it sounds extremely unlikely any of the assistants are going to be retained. I would also think this move indicates Coyle expects to make a hire extremely quickly, and has a good idea who that hire is going to be. Would assume the new hire told him that he has no interest in the current assistants.

They kept on 4 staff members (non coaching) for now. Status to be determined by new HC.

They kept on 4 staff members (non coaching) for now. Status to be determined by new HC.

Would that include guys like Eric White, Cole Dial, and Drew Robinson? Really like those young guys in the DFO and recruiting coordinator roles. Are those positions hired by the HFC or they administration positions under the AD directly?

Would that include guys like Eric White, Cole Dial, and Drew Robinson? Really like those young guys in the DFO and recruiting coordinator roles. Are those positions hired by the HFC or they administration positions under the AD directly?

I was wondering the same thing. My assumption is that Dial and White were hired by Shafer and Drew Robinson is more of a general AD hire.

I was wondering the same thing. My assumption is that Dial and White were hired by Shafer and Drew Robinson is more of a general AD hire.

That would be guess on the breakdown. But maybe Bees could confirm. In any event, I'm hoping all 3 get to stay on.

That would be guess on the breakdown. But maybe Bees could confirm. In any event, I'm hoping all 3 get to stay on.

I hope they stay too.

Robinson being an alum and former manager was a great hire. Hope he stays. Cole and Eric as well, as they know who and where we've been recruiting, who likes us, etc.

We need one of the tech guys here who used to find the recruit names on the SU web site before they signed as all links to the old staff are gone. C'mon tech geeks - find the link to the new HC.

Fqbhxyxx_normal.jpg
Drew Robinson @DrewRob52
Must read link below...thank you for giving me the opportunity to come back to my alma mater @Coach_Shafer. https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/671386983764226049 …

Cole Dial was tweeting out some info about SU earlier so I assume so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom