Lets give credit where its due | Syracusefan.com

Lets give credit where its due

General20

Basketball Maven
We all bash the NCAA when they do something wrong.

Now its time to give the NCAA the credit they deserve. The rule changes (mostly implemented last year, but not really enforced by the refs until this year) and the shorter shot clock have really worked to make college basketball more entertaining.

This was the most exciting, best played tournament I have ever seen. We are all winners with this new more exciting brand of college basketball.

They are going to need two shining moments to cover it all.

oh come on. the final four games were two blowouts, 40+ in one and 17 in the other. it wasn't the best tournament. you can barely count the relavent nba players on one hand. college basketball still has a ton of issues, and most of them start with officiating.

The championship was a classic, but it was the worst tournament ever. The first Friday was great, the Sweet 16, Elite 8 and Final Four were god awful.

Still need a shorter shot clock, the block/charge rule is insane, refs want to be the stars out on the floor, the 3 pt. line needs to go back farther, restricted area needs to be increased, and the NBA should either allow kids to go pro right out of HS or sign on for a minimum of two years of college. That's a start to college basketball's many issues.

oh come on. the final four games were two blowouts, 40+ in one and 17 in the other. it wasn't the best tournament. you can barely count the relavent nba players on one hand. college basketball still has a ton of issues, and most of them start with officiating.
I don't care how many "relevant" NBA players are in any NCAA game. I just enjoy college hoops for what it is.

They've got to stop the refs from running to the monitors every other play to "check a timing issue."

You realize of course, they're mandated to do that in those situations.

Still need a shorter shot clock, the block/charge rule is insane, refs want to be the stars out on the floor, the 3 pt. line needs to go back farther, restricted area needs to be increased, and the NBA should either allow kids to go pro right out of HS or sign on for a minimum of two years of college. That's a start to college basketball's many issues.
A shorter shot clock? These aren't pros. And the players hardly make the 3 pt shot as it is. Teams would just pack it in with a shorter shot clock and a longer 3 pt shot.

So watching games in the 50's and 60's does it for you then? Having teams hold the ball for 20 seconds then jack up a 3 is good tv? I'd rather force the action by rewarding passing and getting quick open looks. The 3 pt line is still too close. That's a fact.

A shorter shot clock? These aren't pros. And the players hardly make the 3 pt shot as it is. Teams would just pack it in with a shorter shot clock and a longer 3 pt shot.

I like 30 & 10. We play 24 & 8 up here, and what happens is that you usually get 2 or maybe 3 entries, so you make sure you run the ball through your better shooters earlier, and they take the shot when they get the first good look. And it's hard to inside-out the ball, because stout defense sooner means the perimeter stops trying to enter to the post. What's coming next is the wider lane, and 14 seconds on the shot clock off an offensive rebound. It's becoming "Chinese fire drill basketball," as it were.

So watching games in the 50's and 60's does it for you then? Having teams hold the ball for 20 seconds then jack up a 3 is good tv? I'd rather force the action by rewarding passing and getting quick open looks. The 3 pt line is still too close. That's a fact.

Less time to run your O means a.) more turnovers; and b.) more forced shots, which means more misses, which means more rebounds, which means more fouls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom