let's not let this get us down | Syracusefan.com

let's not let this get us down

dasher

Living Legend
Our guys went on the road and were right there at the end of the game. Now, all of a sudden, some think we are back to sq 1. I don't think so. The schedule gets a bit tougher but I am confidant that a losing season really isn't in play

The highs are too high and the lows are too low on this board (I'm probably guilty of that somewhere). Team has improved immensely. Win streak was nice, couldn't expect it to continue forever. Let's see how the team responds on Saturday.

Our guys went on the road and were right there at the end of the game. Now, all of a sudden, some think we are back to sq 1. I don't think so. The schedule gets a bit tougher but I am confidant that a losing season really isn't in play
Yeah. I’m with you. This loss doesn’t bother me as much. We’re actually playing better overall than I thought capable. Refs played a huge role tonight, but home cooking is part of the game.

We’re beating Duke Saturday.

I think many of us are solidly in the camp that a winning season is a given; some of us including myself had shifted to building an NCAA resume. We really have to win these 50-50 games to have any reasonable chance on selection Sunday. That’s why this loss was damaging.

Goddamn, I wanted this game so bad. Huge disappointment. I just don’t think they can beat Duke on Saturday. So we need to pile up road wins against these middle of the pack teams like Clemson.

the game turned on the flagrant foul. We had a chance at a 7-8 point play, we end up up 9, and then the wheels fall off and in a blink of an eye, we are down 3. game was never the same.

If we didn’t puke the bed non-conference then yeah this loss wouldn’t be the end of the world.

It's a tough loss. This means we might need to beat a top 10 team at home to make the NCAA tournament.

I'm beginning my prayer rituals now for beating Duke!

Team played hard and almost won on the road, even as our greatest weakness was exposed and punished with over a quarter to play. This loss is hardly damaging.

Team played hard and almost won on the road, even as our greatest weakness was exposed and punished with over a quarter to play. This loss is hardly damaging.

Remember, we had two freshmen on the court who’d never really been in this position before. The team played well...Tough road loss but not disastrous.

Huge opportunity Saturday. When the month started I doubt there were many here that thought 6-4 was in play for the first half of the conference schedule, and three of those losses were by less than 5 all after having double digit leads. Young team that is getting better and still learning how to win. Last night was tough, needed to make one more play at some point.

If they repeat 6-4, still work to do, but I don't think anyone here would have predicted that either.

Right now SU is in the top 5 of the conference with a game lead over the next bunch.

Huge opportunity Saturday. When the month started I doubt there were many here that thought 6-4 was in play for the first half of the conference schedule, and three of those losses were by less than 5 all after having double digit leads. Young team that is getting better and still learning how to win. Last night was tough, needed to make one more play at some point.

If they repeat 6-4, still work to do, but I don't think anyone here would have predicted that either.

Right now SU is in the top 5 of the conference with a game lead over the next bunch.

6-4 is very doable considering we will be favored in 6 games, but I want 8.

Outside the very few who have stayed optimistic the whole year getting down after yesterday would be bullchit.
We played well. We got beat because of our own fouls.
If we beat Duke then we really are NCAA tournament contenders.
I know road wins matter a lot if we had to go 1-1 this week Duke helps more for our resume.

Outside the very few who have stayed optimistic the whole year getting down after yesterday would be bullchit.
We played well. We got beat because of our own fouls.
If we beat Duke then we really are NCAA tournament contenders.
I know road wins matter a lot if we had to go 1-1 this week Duke helps more for our resume.
After 43 years of relentless optimism, still cannot believe that I let Fran Fraschilla convince me that turning this team around was even out of JB's reach. Why one is in HOF and the other is a color commentator.

We are definitely a tournament team. The question is whether we can get to a tournament-worthy resume.

This loss is tough because even with Edwards playing center, we were a basic defensive assignment away from winning. Stopping the ball on a fast break or fouling, is something basic. That's why this is tough to swallow. Despite all the warts, we still should have won. Much harder to take, than say, them winning on a miraculous shot or getting run out of the gym.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom