Let's Talk Scheduling for 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let's Talk Scheduling for 2017

Nothing is clear yet...but conventional wisdom states if the "Major Dome Reno" Plan is selected I think we lose the '17 FB season and possibly the most of or all of the whole '17-'18 BB season too.

I think Cuse is nuts to schedule more than 2-3 FB games at MetLife/Yankee Stadium. The others should be at UB and/or Cornell

For Hoops: I think we look at a combo or arenas: Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester and MSG/Barclays could all be in play.

Just to be clear this is all speculation on my part.

I vote for the Sprint Center for hoops - but that's just me :)

I would love a 2-1 with ODU. We need to get into the Hampton Roads area for recruits. They also have a great tailgating scene and a lot of Cuse fans would be within driving distance.

TexanMark said:
Nothing is clear yet...but conventional wisdom states if the "Major Dome Reno" Plan is selected I think we lose the '17 FB season and possibly the most of or all of the whole '17-'18 BB season too. I think Cuse is nuts to schedule more than 2-3 FB games at MetLife/Yankee Stadium. The others should be at UB and/or Cornell For Hoops: I think we look at a combo or arenas: Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester and MSG/Barclays could all be in play. Just to be clear this is all speculation on my part.

Any plan that includes losing a basketball season will kill recruiting for that year.

Any plan that includes losing a basketball season will kill recruiting for that year.
then we better win it all next year for i dont see JB spending his last year at the War.

we cant lose both sports seasons.

any plan needs to make sure that there is a roof in place for hoop starting in december.

the second JB stands up after the buzzer in late feb to go shake the hand of the opposing team and coach, there should be a construction guy folding his chair up as they start at 9:01 and we play our last 2 or 3 ACC games on the road.

if we have to play 3 or 4 at Albany or rochester or wherever in nov, before playing in some tourney... then so be it.

but we play in the Dome by Dec.

9 months.

get er done.

2017 play 3 OOC road games.
@LSU
2 TBA on the road
I-AA at Ithaca

play BC at Yankee in November
play Clemson at Metlife
play Wake Forest at Ithaca
play Pittsburgh in Buffalo

Play November BB games at MSG/Albany/Rochester and have the Dome ready by December.

then we better win it all next year for i dont see JB spending his last year at the War.

we cant lose both sports seasons.

any plan needs to make sure that there is a roof in place for hoop starting in december.

the second JB stands up after the buzzer in late feb to go shake the hand of the opposing team and coach, there should be a construction guy folding his chair up as they start at 9:01 and we play our last 2 or 3 ACC games on the road.

if we have to play 3 or 4 at Albany or rochester or wherever in nov, before playing in some tourney... then so be it.

but we play in the Dome by Dec.

9 months.

get er done.

I bet if they make the decision to go in May...they can do some prep work this year...and as you said rip the roof off that sucker around March 1st. LAX can play south in March and play at the soccer stadium in April. Good incentive for Cuse to up the Soccer Field capacity to around 3500-4000 later this year.

I bet if they make the decision to go in May...they can do some prep work this year...and as you said rip the roof off that sucker around March 1st. LAX can play south in March and play at the soccer stadium in April. Good incentive for Cuse to up the Soccer Field capacity to around 3500-4000 later this year.
When the SU football team played in the preseason at the soccer stadium, SU AD Mark Coyle talked about the need to add stands to the other side of the soccer stadium. With their emergence as a national power,the SU soccer team has been drawing large crowds regularly and needs more seating for the growing fan base.

Pg-3-Schoelkopf-Stands-by-Brittney-Chew-Assistant-Photo-Editor.jpg

Speaking of stadiums with stands on only one side of the field, Cornell ripped out the stands on the west side of Schoellkopf Field in March. Capacity was 25K before that. Not sure what it is now, but it is surely below 20K.

No plans to re-build. This makes Ithaca quite a bit less attractive as a possible place to play...

Linkage

Alsacs said:
2017 play 3 OOC road games. @LSU 2 TBA on the road I-AA at Ithaca play BC at Yankee in November play Clemson at Metlife play Wake Forest at Ithaca play Pittsburgh in Buffalo Play November BB games at MSG/Albany/Rochester and have the Dome ready by December.
how are we on the road in 17 for all never heard anything about that... Just speculation

When the SU football team played in the preseason at the soccer stadium, SU AD Mark Coyle talked about the need to add stands to the other side of the soccer stadium. With their emergence as a national power,the SU soccer team has been drawing large crowds regularly and needs more seating for the growing fan base.

Pg-3-Schoelkopf-Stands-by-Brittney-Chew-Assistant-Photo-Editor.jpg

Speaking of stadiums with stands on only one side of the field, Cornell ripped out the stands on the west side of Schoellkopf Field in March. Capacity was 25K before that. Not sure what it is now, but it is surely below 20K.

No plans to re-build. This makes Ithaca quite a bit less attractive as a possible place to play...

Linkage
I am getting an update on this project. it would be pretty easy to add portable stands and in reality you could even do it a the ends, make it a high school feel and make it standing room if the wanted. as i currently see it they plan on doing some turf work to replace the stands and many are not happy as those stands were heavily used for graduation every year.

how are we on the road in 17 for all never heard anything about that... Just speculation
Yes, just idle speculation...based on the fact it seems infeasible to build a roof and exoskeleton without a crane in the middle of the stadium.

I am getting an update on this project. it would be pretty easy to add portable stands and in reality you could even do it a the ends, make it a high school feel and make it standing room if the wanted. as i currently see it they plan on doing some turf work to replace the stands and many are not happy as those stands were heavily used for graduation every year.

I remember when I lived in Sacramento...the old WLAF team in Sacramento added temporary stands to Sacramento State's Football field. They probably added 10k seats. I would think Cornell could easily added aluminum stands either portable or permanent of 3-5k seats without too much issue.

Yes, just idle speculation...based on the fact it seems infeasible to build a roof and exoskeleton without a crane in the middle of the stadium.
Liverpool is currently adding a new roof over their existing structure and have been playing at Anfield during construction. (It's further along than this currently)

The_Main_Stand_from_the_Centenary_Stand,_Anfield_(geograph_4705666).jpg

in looking at pricing seats go from $2-10 a seat. so even at discounted pricing they wouldn't lose money bringing in seats for a one time deal.

they arent building a roof over the building though, just the stands. so maybe you could do it this way here in pieces and do much of the roof and leave the final push to take the dome top off and finish the middle with a crane.

@LSU
2 TBA on the road
I-AA at Ithaca

play Clemson at Metlife

Play November BB games at MSG/Albany/Rochester and have the Dome ready by December.
wake would have to be at buffalo too, cant put them at less than a 30k stadium.

Yankee Stadium will certainly be in play for they put in the football field by 2nd weekend of November.

it may be oversaturation for them to be here 2x though, but it is what it is.

30k at Yankee Stadium looks ok.

30k at Giants Stadium looks like Don Bosco v St Peters.

Being in Houston, I am good with an easy road trip to a Louisiana school. However, Tulane offers a weekend in NOLA, 'nuff said.

I like Coastal Carolina and FIU as they offer recruiting opportunities. MTSU would be in the good recruiting grounds category, too, as would Southern Miss.

I would prefer to see a 2-1, or 3-2 deal, if possible. I want to see Syracuse have 7 home games annually and I believe that Babers will have the team winning enough to support this kind of scheduling in the not to distant future.

Greg Ward is a Senior this year, right? If so, I'm good with Houston. If not, um, let's wait another years or so.

Greg Ward is a Senior this year, right? If so, I'm good with Houston. If not, um, let's wait another years or so.
If playing in NYC area, I suggest games only be played at Yankee Stadium (likely only in November due to schedule) or Red Bull Arena (capacity: around 25,000 for soccer).

To me, MetLife is a bad idea, even for a Clemson game.

If playing in NYC area, I suggest games only be played at Yankee Stadium (likely only in November due to schedule) or Red Bull Arena (capacity: around 25,000 for soccer).

they will never go to redbull, might as well ask Rutgers if we can play there.

Yankee Stadium is a likely target.

and fwiw: the Orange are 6-0 there.

Why is scheduling such a chronic problem? A good number of teams are scheduled through 2019. Hell, Wake is scheduled through 2021.

Herm Frazier

@LSU
2 TBA on the road
I-AA at Ithaca

play Clemson at Metlife

Absolutely. The 1-AA could even be vs Colgate at their stadium with an agreement for them to play in the Dome for x-number of years.

Throw in a game at Akron or EMU or whoever, and probably a southern G5 team and the schedule for 2017 football can be maneuvered about. @Army would be fantastic too.

Play BC at Yankee Stadium or Citi Field. Maybe even play a game at Watkins Glen or Belmont if capable.

The only major concern is I hope the program builds up a ton of momentum this upcoming year with Dino's offense. It'll be tough to see the program not play in the Dome coming off a hopefully successful year.

The Dome absolutely MUST be renovated in time for the 2017-2018 hoops season. That's an absolutely critical year for the team with so many open scholarships and the potential for a monster class going into that season. You want to have the Dome as a recruiting tool. It also could (should?) be JB's last year. You simply cannot have the Dome unavailable for such a crucial season. Playing a few cupcakes outside of CNY and then maybe a Tourney (like the Bahamas one this year) would open up another month maybe for renos, but getting it up and running again for say, the ACC/B1G challenge in early December, would be the absolute latest they should be put out.

I don't think we are gonna lose any Dome games in football and hoop at all.
that's ideal.

2nd best would be all 4 home ACC games in November, get the ACC & ND to work with us on another Giants Stadium game and instead of trying to fit a 1aa in, we play an extra mac or confusa.

then either take whatever directional Michigan we have to buffalo, or swap it with another future game...lord knows we have the open slots or see if it fits on 10/28 and get the mac to work with us.

best case...5-1-6

next best...4-1-1-6

worst case...4-1-7

Liverpool is currently adding a new roof over their existing structure and have been playing at Anfield during construction. (It's further along than this currently)

The_Main_Stand_from_the_Centenary_Stand,_Anfield_(geograph_4705666).jpg

Is their stadium on the side of a hill with major buildings surrounding it on three sides?

I work at RBA. No chance that would happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom