Lighten the mood alittle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lighten the mood alittle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ole ball coach

9ba7272accaad8fd1c448f7d4d9a7019_crop_exact.jpg

waterboy.jpg

All right, I was going to write a post about how I think he is a good coach and VERY handsome, but after one game I heard him giving all praise and glory to Jesus, and that was a cold bucket of water for me. Really? A coach is going to give thanks to Jesus on national television for winning? Who do the losers thank? Beelzebub?

But then I realized that my post would undoubtedly completely derail the thrust - ahem! - of the thread, so I thought better of it.

You know who you can thank.

Can we actually focus on Syracuse basketball, this is childish and immature, and has zero bearing on Syracuse. Lets keep it professional here, we don't need stuff like that posted here.

This is Syracuse basketball here, if you want to post this childish rubbish post it in some other board.

Last edited:
Can we actually focus on Syracuse basketball, this is childish and immature, and has zero bearing on Syracuse. Lets keep it professional here, we don't need stuff like that posted here.

This is Syracuse basketball here, if you want to post this childish rubbish post it in some other thread.
Agreed. Post it on the childish rubbish board

Every time I watch the Virginia coach I am impressed. He never gets worked up on the sideline. And besides the fact he can coach, he also has to be one of the best looking coaches in D1 (George Clooney-esque).

tonyb3-21.jpg

George_Clooney-4_The_Men_Who_Stare_at_Goats_TIFF09_(cropped).jpg
I thought this was fun, but I have been known to be extremely childish. I suppose limericks are out, too?

This is Syracuse basketball here, if you want to post this childish rubbish post it in some other board.

So...instead of ignoring the post you feel the need to scold us? Guess we should have all jumped back in the thread bitchin about the zone for the millionth time.

By all means, on a board devoted to discussion of college kids playing a sport, let's remain serious and keep things professional at all times.

All right, I was going to write a post about how I think he is a good coach and VERY handsome, but after one game I heard him giving all praise and glory to Jesus, and that was a cold bucket of water for me. Really? A coach is going to give thanks to Jesus on national television for winning? Who do the losers thank? Beelzebub?

But then I realized that my post would undoubtedly completely derail the thrust - ahem! - of the thread, so I thought better of it.

For some reason when I read your post it really jumped out at me at actually caused some uneasiness... I agree that there are times when players and coaches drop meaningless and cliche' lines thanking God or Jesus for a win, I understand how that can be a cold bucket of water. However, to simply assume that faith is not a part of sports at all, as if walking on the court or the field some how nullifies it's validity for those who believe in it, I do not think is true either. I know Coach Bennett is a man of faith and know people who can attest to that fact. If his faith is as life altering and intertwined as he would claim it to be, it cannot be untwined from his livelihood (coaching) and honestly shouldn't be. I think you would see him giving praise and glory to Jesus in a loss as well. Here's an example of how sports is more then just winning and losing in a tangible way...
http://athletesinaction.org/your-call#.VqhRuLArJE4

So...instead of ignoring the post you feel the need to scold us? Guess we should have all jumped back in the thread bitchin about the zone for the millionth time.

I'm not sure but I think he was being sarcastic. He may have even gotten reprimanded for past posts. I remember a few threads that may or may not have had a fellow name Jim posting a lot of picture of Brett bielema

How dare you hijack a thread that was designed to be hijacked.

Oh, and nice can of worms you've opened there. Now this thread will get moved to the Off Topic board and the deep thinkers will take over. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors