Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total logistical nightmare. Would be almost impossible to police and I honestly can't see them doing this. Just wait until it's back to 100% with no restrictions.

That being said, I expect capacity to be back to 100% by July.
NY has a digital passport. Likely separate entrances and a hard barrier between them.

Totally doable albeit challenging IMO

NY has a digital passport. Likely separate entrances and a hard barrier between them.

Totally doable albeit challenging IMO
Once again, why spend the time and money doing this when you can just wait a few months?

The seating manifests, entry/evacuation plans, concession plans, flow of traffic, it's such a mess. There's so much that goes into this that you wouldn't understand if you're not inside an organization like this. Such a rush of planning and it's almost impossible to execute in a few short weeks.

Is this a serious question? Bit of a difference between 2,000 and 40,000
2k 10k 50k 100k. It should be dependent on the physical size of the venue. Bnoro who of all people should realize that size matters. Especially if you are a 5' 2 reporter:)

With many events soon requiring vaccination as a non-negotiable, I hope they are not relying on the honor system. The vax cards that are signed when we get our shots are pretty easy to forge and I can many shameless individuals going this route if "proof" is required for access.

I don't think that'll be necessary. The level of vaccination should be way higher by the fall. Baseball is doing their best to accommodate the current status.

Syracuse should do the same concept as the Yankees and Mets just announced. Full capacity for vaccinated fans and a section of socially distanced fans for non vaccinated fans. Simple.
I struggle with this one a bit. Seems to reward the unvaccinated with a lot more personal space. Now make the vaccinated sections prefeered locations while banishing the unvaccinated to upper corners, and remove the mask mandate for the vaxed and you've got something.

With many events soon requiring vaccination as a non-negotiable, I hope they are not relying on the honor system. The vax cards that are signed when we get our shots are pretty easy to forge and I can many shameless individuals going this route if "proof" is required for access.

NYS has the excelsior pass as an app.

you have to verify your information and it gives a code that venues can scan.

I would assume this is going to become very widespread.

LAFC was one of the first teams to create a vaccinated section in their venue. They worked with an outside company to verify fans vaccination status ahead of time.

Teams aren't going to open themselves up to liability by letting someone just show their vaccine card.

I struggle with this one a bit. Seems to reward the unvaccinated with a lot more personal space. Now make the vaccinated sections prefeered locations while banishing the unvaccinated to upper corners, and remove the mask mandate for the vaxed and you've got something.
I like where your head is at. The pro for having a couple of sections reserved for non-vaccinated fans is that you don't have to write off what looks to be a significant portion of the fan base as potential customers.

I don't know if this is changing but with vaccination limited to those 16 and older, this puts parents with childen who have traditionally attended games together in a tough spot. It would be nice if they could be accommodated and allowed to sit together.

I like where your head is at. The pro for having a couple of sections reserved for non-vaccinated fans is that you don't have to write off what looks to be a significant portion of the fan base as potential customers.

I don't know if this is changing but with vaccination limited to those 16 and older, this puts parents with childen who have traditionally attended games together in a tough spot. It would be nice if they could be accommodated and allowed to sit together.
It will be age 12 by the start of the season. There is a point where they will determine that there not much risk. I don’t know where that is , when we get to age 8? 6? 4 ? My personal feeling is that anti Vaxers can go pound salt. We have had mandatory vaccines for a long time, you do not want the vaccine then stay home. ( Unless advised by Dr. not to receive)

Last edited:
LAFC was one of the first teams to create a vaccinated section in their venue. They worked with an outside company to verify fans vaccination status ahead of time.

Teams aren't going to open themselves up to liability by letting someone just show their vaccine card.
There is technology that can be used, bar codes scanners. It seems to work at places like Disney World and the like. Pretty straight forward . Would it be 100% effective no , but 99. something , yes.

NYS has the excelsior pass as an app.

you have to verify your information and it gives a code that venues can scan.

I would assume this is going to become very widespread.
This is fine for NYS, but what about fans coming from other states?

It will be age 12 by the start of the season. There is a point where they will determine that there not much risk. I don’t know where that is , when we get to age 8? 6? 4 ? My personal feeling is that anti Vaxers can go pound salt. We have had mandatory vaccines for a long time, you do not want the vaccine then stay home. ( Unless advised by Dr. not to receive)
My 89 year old stepmother has not been vaccinated yet. She has had terrible reactions to her last two flu shots and is looking for reassurance that she will not experience the same from a Covid vaccine. Her longtime primary care doctor told her “If you have a bushel of apples and two are bad, would you throw the bushel away?” Not exactly the scientific response an 89 year old widow wants to hear. So, god bless her, she changed doctors after 20+ years and is seeing her new doctor tomorrow to talk about the vaccine.
Now, she is not a candidate for season tickets, but just pointing out the vaccine/ no vaccine decision is very personal and not always a simple one.

There is technology that can be used, bar codes scanners. It seems to work at places like Disney World and the like. Pretty straight forward . Would it be 100% effective no , but 99. something , yes.
What barcodes are you scanning? I have nothing to scan that says I'm vaccinated right now, even though I am...

My 89 year old stepmother has not been vaccinated yet. She has had terrible reactions to her last two flu shots and is looking for reassurance that she will not experience the same from a Covid vaccine. Her longtime primary care doctor told her “If you have a bushel of apples and two are bad, would you throw the bushel away?” Not exactly the scientific response an 89 year old widow wants to hear. So, god bless her, she changed doctors after 20+ years and is seeing her new doctor tomorrow to talk about the vaccine.
Now, she is not a candidate for season tickets, but just pointing out the vaccine/ no vaccine decision is very personal and not always a simple one.
There are exceptions as I pointed out.

wooof what a response.

That’s true, assuming that it would be full capacity with proof of vaccination at the gate for entry. Wonder if that would sway anybody’s decision on getting the vaccine if they were planning on not getting it.

Attachments

• 75A93E73-9E18-43DA-80B1-742DBF25551E.jpeg
    75A93E73-9E18-43DA-80B1-742DBF25551E.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 107

The tricky thing is that I imagine SU has to start planning for the fall soon, but fingers crossed, cases will have plummeted by September so we don’t even need vax/no vax sections.

The tricky thing is that I imagine SU has to start planning for the fall soon, but fingers crossed, cases will have plummeted by September so we don’t even need vax/no vax sections.
It'll be interesting to see when we get to that point. At first I can see where proof of vaccination is required. I think the key to not requiring vaccination isn't just when the numbers drop but probably when they remain low for a while. How long? I don't know.

It will really depend on how the public acts.. even if the rate is real low will people still want to expose their kids to others in a packed stadium who might be sick?

Its gonna be around for years because of the way this is going. maybe by then someone comes up with a quick test like breathing into a tube or some miracle thumb print? Maybe some super Star Trek tricorder magical thing?

Same deal with one of my family members. Allergic to everything. Spent time in the hospital for other medications, including simple iodine. Her doctor still hasn't given her the thumbs up. Whatever they decide, there may be some with no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.