Lincoln Riley for Offensive Coordinator | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lincoln Riley for Offensive Coordinator

We are Stanford of the East. ??

not sure what you mean phil. no one said that. your post didn't add anything. if you disagree with something, why dont you articulate it in a post.

Right. National prominence. Meaning they were ranked in the top 25, had unbelievable recruiting classes, and a guy that happened to go #1 in the NFL draft. That QB also happened to still be there for Shaw's first year, which helped the transition greatly.

We have won a few games against ranked teams that got us 2 minutes on Sportscenter, have had average recruiting classes, and our QB is leaving now, leaving a lot of question marks for Shafer. There's a big difference between 12-1 and 8-5 in college football...

bnoro, can you kindly explain how you went from reading that i believe there are parallels with the prior stanford situation to you interpreting that i think were more stable than stanford was and we beat stanford 10-10 times on the football field this upcoming year?

Their last names both begin with S

Both schools have a unique, singular moniker for their teams: The Cardinal and The Orange.

Both schools have a unique, singular moniker for their teams: The Cardinal and The Orange.

One is a tree and one grows on trees.

Air Raid guy all the way. Don't be confused, Air Raid is NOT the spread offense. Go check out smartfootball.com

This guy would be great though. Sign me up for anyone who is young and will run a no-huddle - don't care whether it's spread or air raid.

If history is any indication, Shafer greatly prefers to hire those whom he's already worked with

I think that's true with most coaches and have no doubt the OC hire will probably be tied to Shaf in some form or fashion.

That said, this guy seems like a guy who could send Syracuse his resume.

bnoro's strategy to discussion:

poster "the sky is blue"
bnoro "no you FREAKING idiot, grass is green. duh stupid."
You were the one who called Stanford and Syracuse "similar situations" when in fact there really are no similarities between the two...

You were the one who called Stanford and Syracuse "similar situations" when in fact there really are no similarities between the two...

you are hilarious bnoro. please pull out that quote from my post. and there are similarities...

bump...

East Carolina leads the nation by scoring touchdowns on 77% of red zone possessions.

Under offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley, the Pirates have thrived in the red zone consistently for years.

But today, we studied the numbers even closer, and here’s what we found out.

Lincoln Riley is the only play-caller in America to have a Top 26 red zone offense in each of the last five seasons.

2014: 77% -- 4th nationally

2013: 68% -- 26th nationally

2012: 72% -- 15th nationally

2011: 70% -- 17th nationally

2010: 73% -- 5th nationally

In comparison, only six other play-caller have led offenses to Top 26 red zone touchdown percentages three different times over the last five seasons.

Those play-callers include Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech), Dana Dimel (Kansas State), Steve Sarkisian (Washington and USC), Justin Fuente (TCU and Memphis), Clay Hendrix (Air Force), and Tom Herman (Ohio State).

East Carolina is 35-23 overall and 24-10 against conference opponents over the last five seasons.

Today, ECU head coach Ruffin McNeill said he knows Riley has options coming.

ECU is 5-1 this season and hosts UConn tonight. Kick-off is set for 7:00 pm ET on ESPNU.

http://coachingsearch.247sports.com...ncoln-Rileys-offense-in-the-red-zone-32278894

Whitey23 said:
bump... East Carolina leads the nation by scoring touchdowns on 77% of red zone possessions. Under offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley, the Pirates have thrived in the red zone consistently for years. But today, we studied the numbers even closer, and here’s what we found out. Lincoln Riley is the only play-caller in America to have a Top 26 red zone offense in each of the last five seasons. 2014: 77% -- 4th nationally 2013: 68% -- 26th nationally 2012: 72% -- 15th nationally 2011: 70% -- 17th nationally 2010: 73% -- 5th nationally In comparison, only six other play-caller have led offenses to Top 26 red zone touchdown percentages three different times over the last five seasons. Those play-callers include Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech), Dana Dimel (Kansas State), Steve Sarkisian (Washington and USC), Justin Fuente (TCU and Memphis), Clay Hendrix (Air Force), and Tom Herman (Ohio State). East Carolina is 35-23 overall and 24-10 against conference opponents over the last five seasons. Today, ECU head coach Ruffin McNeill said he knows Riley has options coming. ECU is 5-1 this season and hosts UConn tonight. Kick-off is set for 7:00 pm ET on ESPNU. http://coachingsearch.No links to 2...ncoln-Rileys-offense-in-the-red-zone-32278894

Love this guy, but unless Lester bombs - he's the guy moving fwd.

This guy will get a head coaching gig after this season. I could definately see him at SMU.

bump...

East Carolina leads the nation by scoring touchdowns on 77% of red zone possessions.

Under offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley, the Pirates have thrived in the red zone consistently for years.

But today, we studied the numbers even closer, and here’s what we found out.

Lincoln Riley is the only play-caller in America to have a Top 26 red zone offense in each of the last five seasons.

2014: 77% -- 4th nationally

2013: 68% -- 26th nationally

2012: 72% -- 15th nationally

2011: 70% -- 17th nationally

2010: 73% -- 5th nationally

In comparison, only six other play-caller have led offenses to Top 26 red zone touchdown percentages three different times over the last five seasons.

Those play-callers include Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech), Dana Dimel (Kansas State), Steve Sarkisian (Washington and USC), Justin Fuente (TCU and Memphis), Clay Hendrix (Air Force), and Tom Herman (Ohio State).

East Carolina is 35-23 overall and 24-10 against conference opponents over the last five seasons.

Today, ECU head coach Ruffin McNeill said he knows Riley has options coming.

ECU is 5-1 this season and hosts UConn tonight. Kick-off is set for 7:00 pm ET on ESPNU.

http://coachingsearch.No links to 2...ncoln-Rileys-offense-in-the-red-zone-32278894
This thread resurrection was Cali-like. Bravo

This guy will get a head coaching gig after this season. I could definately see him at SMU.
Or wherever the coach that takes Muschamps' place comes from. Or - FIU, Tulsa, Southern Miss, etc.

someone mentioned his name in a thread after mcdonald was demoted but i came across this one from 2013 and couldn't resist.

Yup, there were a couple of us taking about Riley.

But Phat was on him in January of 2013! Props to Phat (and Whitey for remembering)

This thread resurrection was Cali-like. Bravo

I figured maybe he was waiting for Riley to turn 30?

Even I had been the one to start this thread, there is no way I would have remembered that it existed.

This feels like a guy who could wind up at North Carolina if Fedora gets canned, for example.