Lincoln Riley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lincoln Riley

If Shafer can't get this thing rolling over the last four, I'd hope Coyle would consider Jeff Brohm.

Having said that, I am sure Coyle already has his own list of prospective candidates, and given his background, who knows what it looks like (though I doubt Frost, or especially Harsin, who was born and bred in Boise, could be lured to Syracuse).

No one will go within 10 feet of Butch with all the UNC crap.

Wasn't he cleared of any wrongdoing?

If Miami stays away it's because of age and because they can't get over him leaving to go to the Browns.

South Carolina should hire Chad Morris. It would make things more fun, keep the spice in the in state rivalry.

Miami should hire back Butch Davis, and talk him into giving the OC job to Cristobal. Since Butch is days from turning 64, they could make Cristobal the coach in waiting now. Talent would no longer get away from Miami. The rest will work itself out.

Penn State should work a deal with Maryland, give them Franklin for a 2nd round pick, and then bring Rhule home.

I'm going to need some puppet strings soon.

As for us, offensive minded head coach, with the budget to hire an experienced DC at $750k or so per year. Competitive salaries for the rest of the staff.
If Shafer goes, I'd like to see our defensive system stay. This is a bad year, but the disruption and chaos is a good way to go.

Say, new offensive minded HC, good OC, promote Daost to DC maybe, Acosta and White stick for recruiting stability. Fill out the rest of the staff. Again, not saying this is what should happen, just that if they do make a change these sorts of things could make a lot of sense

Ah this board has returned to the days of I want Turner Gill, I want Skip Holtz, I want Al Golden
Well, in fairness, Holtz and Golden have accomplished more as HCs. Gill ended up in a job too big for him, at least at the time.

My big issue with Babers is he's old as dirt, and he's mostly winning still with Clawson's players.

He's 53-54 years old. Gives him 7-8 years in his prime. He's winning games with his ( briles) just like he did at eastern Illinois and he has played teams with more talent very tough with that system. The fact that he is a bit older might make him more likely a guy that Syracuse can get. Same age that art briles was when Baylor hired him and we are just as desperate

Well, in fairness, Holtz and Golden have accomplished more as HCs. Gill ended up in a job too big for him, at least at the time.
Well in all Fairness they all have something in common THEY ALL GOT FIRED

Ah this board has returned to the days of I want Turner Gill, I want Skip Holtz, I want Al Golden
Don't forget 'I want Norm Chow'. Who is now, btw, available.

He's 53-54 years old. Gives him 7-8 years in his prime. He's winning games with his ( briles) just like he did at eastern Illinois and he has played teams with more talent very tough with that system. The fact that he is a bit older might make him more likely a guy that Syracuse can get. Same age that art briles was when Baylor hired him and we are just as desperate

And during that 8 years, he grooms his successor.

Would you feel better if they went the Marrone route and bailed before they can get fired?

One other name to throw in the hat - Brady Hoke

Some reports has Fuente headed to South Carolina. Another interesting name for South Carolina is Michagam State's coach. He is a South Carolina grad.

The radio guys down here in SC are talking about Tom Herman at OSU as choice number one for the South Carolina job...all just speculation right now so who knows

Come on the spread never will work in Syracuse with the wind, snow and cold.

and also consider, if we are throwing the ball all over the place, someone out raking their leaves might get hit in the head with an errant football.

He checks a lot of the boxes people want, and he is available.
At UM he sent a qb with a pretty obvious concussion back into the game didn't he?
Marrone sent Shamarko back in to the game after getting concussed, and we've got numerous threads wondering if he'd come back.:noidea:

Give me a name of a coach that hasn't been fired or lost his job as a result of a HC that got fired that he worked for.

I will wait...

CuseOnly said:
Give me a name of a coach that hasn't been fired or lost his job as a result of a HC that got fired that he worked for.

I will wait...

These guys all got fired as HCs after being considered "can't miss" coaching prospects.

He checks a lot of the boxes people want, and he is available.

Marrone sent Shamarko back in to the game after getting concussed, and we've got numerous threads wondering if he'd come back.:noidea:

Hoke is a meathead and a terrible coach.