Listen up... | Syracusefan.com

Listen up...

cto

Administrator
I have not been on the board all night (as others will attest, I was an active participant in the chat room until about five minutes ago). I say that to show --- contrary to what seems to be common perception ... that I an NOT the admin who has had to delete a lot of posts tonight.

Having quickly read the deleted threads, I will say the following:

1) This is an ADULT forum. "Adult" does not mean chronological age. It means adult judgment and behavior.

2) Four letter words, character assassination, death threats, etc., are not condoned here.

3) The easiest ways to get a post deleted ... is to repeat a deleted post.. or to ask why a post has been deleted.

4) The world did not end tonight. A team that overcame adversity and played like a team won a game tonight. It would have been wonderful if it were our team, but it wasn't. The world did not come to an end. No one died. No one's dog got lost. No one's kid got rejected at all 12 colleges. No one's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.

I apologize to Millhouse if he thinks this is "another lecture." But there have been admins here tonight who have being doing heroic work trying to keep this place sane. I, for one, thank them

For the UConn lurkers, "Lighten up" is needed for this crowd too -- and congrats. We both have drama queens -- we're just finding out ours from last April. Keep defying the odds -- as I hope SU's odds cash in.

Last edited:
Reactions: cto
I appreciate everything thats done to keep this board going joyce but I dont think this falls under heroic. It seems much more of a personal do as one pleases power trip than anything. Thats just my take and it really puts a sour taste towards the board out there which is not what anyone wants im sure. Thats just the view from here with no offense or disrespect intended.

I appreciate everything thats done to keep this board going joyce but I dont think this falls under heroic. It seems much more of a personal do as one pleases power trip than anything. Thats just my take and it really puts a sour taste towards the board out there which is not what anyone wants im sure. Thats just the view from here with no offense or disrespect intended.

Just how many Ef UCon posts are needed? And when it gets deleted why post it again and then keep questioning why it's deleted. It's embarrassing to the board.

Just so we know where you're coming from, which of CTO's categories of bad posts are you championing?

Just how many E posts are needed? And when it gets deleted why post it again and then keep questioning why it's deleted. It's embarrassing to the board.

That road needs to go both ways to have a healthy community. Without that balance we end up with exactly what happened this evening like it or not. Im not going to get into it further. Use your power as you see fit as ultimately im just participating in a community you oversee.

Okay Mr. 13 posts... Maybe when you have more of a sense of history here, perhaps you will understand and appreciate what the admins/mods do here. And, if you don't, I can suggest another forum for you.

I was (mostly tongue in cheek) just commenting on the use of the phrase "heroic work." Probably immature on my part to make the remark on a thread like this and I apologize if any offense was taken. That wasn't my intent.

This has been a rough night for me. To paraphrase Andy Bernard, "This is the worst I've ever felt in my entire life...I haven't had a very hard life."

I have not been on the board all night (as others will attest, I was an active participant in the chat room until about five minutes ago). I say that to show --- contrary to what seems to be common perception ... that I an NOT the admin who has had to delete a lot of posts tonight.

Having quickly read the deleted threads, I will say the following:

1) This is an ADULT forum. "Adult" does not mean chronological age. It means adult judgment and behavior.

2) Four letter words, character assassination, death threats, etc., are not condoned here.

3) The easiest ways to get a post deleted ... is to repeat a deleted post.. or to ask why a post has been deleted.

4) The world did not end tonight. A team that overcame adversity and played like a team won a game tonight. It would have been wonderful if it were our team, but it wasn't. The world did not come to an end. No one died. No one's dog got lost. No one's kid got rejected at all 12 colleges. No one's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.

I apologize to Millhouse if he thinks this is "another lecture." But there have been admins here tonight who have being doing heroic work trying to keep this place sane. I, for one, thank them

Hyperbole and condescending and I don't ever use 4-letter words here. In the real world, adults use adult language. I look forward to your post criticizing our 70 year old coach the next time he's caught screaming four letter words into the face of an 18 year old kid, which happens often. Something tells me there will be a double standard and you'll consider that appropriate "adult" judgment and behavior.

I was (mostly tongue in cheek) just commenting on the use of the phrase "heroic work." Probably immature on my part to make the remark on a thread like this and I apologize if any offense was taken. That wasn't my intent.

This has been a rough night for me. To paraphrase Andy Bernard, "This is the worst I've ever felt in my entire life...I haven't had a very hard life."

Re-read her #4 dude.

If you really love the sport, then you have to appreciate the game tonight. Once we are out of it, then respect the teams that are still playing. They did something that we did not do, or maybe lady luck leaned a little more their way. Either way, no amount of hate is going to make any difference as far as our team is concerned.
I bleed Orange as much, if not more, than anyone. Ask my husband who has had to live with me for 34 out of my 44 years of fandom!! I am often not easy to be around at times, but I move on and find some reason to pick another team. I went to SU before the Big East. We never hated any team. We went to the Final Four my junior year. We can love SU basketball and not "hate" another team. We can have good strong rivalries.
And yes, I was on the the chat with CTO. We had a small and great group tonight, and it was a lot of fun.

If you really love the sport, then you have to appreciate the game tonight. Once we are out of it, then respect the teams that are still playing. They did something that we did not do, or maybe lady luck leaned a little more their way. Either way, no amount of hate is going to make any difference as far as our team is concerned.
I bleed Orange as much, if not more, than anyone. Ask my husband who has had to live with me for 34 out of my 44 years of fandom!! I am often not easy to be around at times, but I move on and find some reason to pick another team. I went to SU before the Big East. We never hated any team. We went to the Final Four my junior year. We can love SU basketball and not "hate" another team. We can have good strong rivalries.
And yes, I was on the the chat with CTO. We had a small and great group tonight, and it was a lot of fun.

Well said. Logic and sound reason often is a fail here. Bummed I didn't do the chat.

Hyperbole and condescending and I don't ever use 4-letter words here. In the real world, adults use adult language. I look forward to your post criticizing our 70 year old coach the next time he's caught screaming four letter words into the face of an 18 year old kid, which happens often. Something tells me there will be a double standard and you'll consider that appropriate "adult" judgment and behavior.
You appreciate that if you cared enough to be offended, you wouldn't have posted, right? And I think the points CTO -- and Bees -- are trying to make (in addition to the easy ones about swearing) are 1) that, while it's okay to vent, this is other Orange fans' forum too; and 2) you only need so many threads with guttural responses.

For those who can't deal, imagine how mad the UConn fans will be in a month when they realize they're still not invited to the Adults' Table.

You responded to her post with an insult. So yes, really. You need to explain yourself.

If thats an insult in your eyes then you have some thin skin. Just a difference of opinion from a different vantage point. A long ways from any insult. Its a frustrating evening on a community board for su hoops.

If thats an insult in your eyes then you have some thin skin. Just a difference of opinion from a different vantage point. A long ways from any insult. Its a frustrating evening on a community board for su hoops.
Just a tip: If you're ever face to face with someone bigger than you, don't accuse them of being on a power trip. They may not see it as a simple difference of opinion nor "a long ways" from an insult.

Just a tip: If you're ever face to face with someone bigger than you, don't accuse them of being on a power trip. They may not see it as a simple difference of opinion nor "a long ways" from an insult.

Lol that honestly just made my night. Thank you for that.

Life is more enjoyable when you learn to appreciate the good things in life.

As much as I like to root for and against other schools, seeing a longtime archrival win a national championship will never be among the worst things that will happen in my world any year. I just hope Syracuse can be in that situation in 2015.

It's weird that I can say "player x played like a turd the first half" and get banned for a week. Then posters can say F this, whenever they want and nothing happens. I can make a reasonable post about another team and get called 30 names in the process and nothing happens. Just seems like deleting and banning have to do with what a persons name is posting than it does the actual content being written.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom