Local eats | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Local eats

Little under $400 for five of us but everyone got an app or salad and two of us added a lobster tail to our steaks.

Only ridiculous thing was a $16 shrimp cocktail that had THREE shrimp haha
Drinks?

Anyone try this place out yet? I follow them on Instagram and they seem to have a lot of fun/interesting dishes and drinks.

Ate there a couple of years ago and it was really good. Would definitely go back.

Anybody have an opinion on Phoebe’s Restaurant on Irving? A family member is thinking about going there this weekend and asked for my thoughts, but I don’t know anything about it.

Anybody have an opinion on Phoebe’s Restaurant on Irving? A family member is thinking about going there this weekend and asked for my thoughts, but I don’t know anything about it.
Never been but all my friends love it

It's OK. Been there pre-game and post-game for real food and appetizers. Everything about is good. Food, service, pricing, cleanliness. I'd give it at least 4 out of 5, not great in our eyes, but good enough to keep going back if the opportunity arises.

Is Brewers Union Cafe as good as advertised? Have to head out that way over the weekend figured a pit stop for brunch/lunch would be solid.

I have not been in a few years, but it’s been consistently good every time I’ve been. Cool atmosphere too.

The 80s must be calling

Plus atmosphere and location, food is consistently good but probably not something you'll be raving to people about.

Is Brewers Union Cafe as good as advertised? Have to head out that way over the weekend figured a pit stop for brunch/lunch would be solid.

It is better than solid but maybe not better than advertised. Super-friendly operators and staff and plenty of creative dishes. If you're in the area anyway, definitely worth the stop.

Thoughts on A Mano, and Eden?

Eden is one of my favorite restaurants in Syracuse. Creative dishes with fresh ingredients. Good cocktails. Always have had good service. You just reminded me that I haven't been in a while. I'll have to change that.

Eden's better, but A Mano is never less than a very good experience.

Eden is superlative. If it weren't for Saint Urban, Eden would be the runaway choice for best restaurant in the city and is still probably top five in the county.
Wow - I gotta go then.

My five current favorites, not counting Brewster because its unfair, are as follows:

1. Kitty’s
2. Fish Friar
3. Eva’s
4. Francesca’s
5. Strada Mia

Gotta try a mano and eden now

Need a restaurant rec for Rochester. Preferably a steakhouse.

My father doesn’t know it yet but he’s treating me to a nice meal after I am sworn in on Monday.
Max steakhouse on Monroe. Tournedos is a close second. Followed by Char. Congratulations on the swearing in. Non-steakhouse top places are Rocco, Redd, Nosh, Cure, Velvet Belly, Cub Room. This is all in my humble opinion. Max is my once per year splurge

Max steakhouse on Monroe. Tournedos is a close second. Followed by Char. Congratulations on the swearing in. Non-steakhouse top places are Rocco, Redd, Nosh, Cure, Velvet Belly, Cub Room. This is all in my humble opinion. Max is my once per year splurge
Doing Tournedos. Much appreciated!

Wagyu ribeye from Tournedos was beyond great. Awesome recommendation!

I finally got to Angry Smoke House here in Baldwinsville. Definitely worth a try. And outdoor seating is now open with a view of the locks.

Anyone try this place since the re-opening?

I did.

Strong Cuban sandwich. It'll suffer by comparison to Alberto's place because this sandwich isn't nine million pounds, but it's good. Doesn't come with pickles, which is odd.

The restaurant is spotlessly clean and the food came out quickly (online ordering seemed to have a glitch, only half the menu was available on the website, so I placed the order in-person and waited). I look forward to trying more of the menu.

I did.

Strong Cuban sandwich. It'll suffer by comparison to Alberto's place because this sandwich isn't nine million pounds, but it's good. Doesn't come with pickles, which is odd.

The restaurant is spotlessly clean and the food came out quickly (online ordering seemed to have a glitch, only half the menu was available on the website, so I placed the order in-person and waited). I look forward to trying more of the menu.
TY. I will try and check it out. Sounds very good.

I did.

Wonder if CuseTroop is a silent partner.