Lochte commercial: "I'm no longer an unknown kid from upstate NY" | Syracusefan.com

Lochte commercial: "I'm no longer an unknown kid from upstate NY"

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
This link isn't the one they showed on TV, but it's the same concept.

Saw that and looked him up. He's from Rochester. That led me to Micheal Phelp's wikipedia page which has a nugget I had never seen before, don't know if it's true or not, but man if it is true it seems like it should be a bigger story.

"Phelps's 0.01-second finish ahead of Čavić prompted the Serbian delegation to file a protest. Subsequent analysis of the video by the FINA panel, which required analyzing frames shot 1/10,000th of a second apart, was used to officially confirm Phelps's victory,but the images were not immediately released to the press. The initial refusal by official timekeeper Omega to release underwater photos of the finish also raised questions due to Phelps's sponsorship relationship with Omega. Čavić later wrote in his blog, "People, this is the greatest moment of my life. If you ask me, it should be accepted and we should move on. I've accepted defeat, and there's nothing wrong with losing to the greatest swimmer there has ever been." However, in August 2009, Omega officials admitted that while Čavić "for sure" touched the wall first, "Phelps did it more forcefully," thus registering the time first."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom