Look at these stats from ESPN's David Hale | Syracusefan.com

Look at these stats from ESPN's David Hale

Alsacs

Living Legend
CTY99LcWUAAZ2sv.png

CTY98T9WcAAyQEh.png

These stats show what everyone is saying.

CTY99LcWUAAZ2sv.png

CTY98T9WcAAyQEh.png

These stats show what everyone is saying.
Just a minor nit: it appears you have Average as an observation in your line chart, which is improper representation. The linear trend is skewed.

Just a minor nit: it appears you have Average as an observation in your line chart, which is improper representation. The linear trend is skewed.
I didn't create the charts I posted what David Hale the ACC reporter for ESPN posted on his twitter.

I didn't create the charts I posted what David Hale the ACC reporter for ESPN posted on his twitter.
Which is further evidence that ESPN reporters are morons

I agree that stats won't always tell the whole story, but what I think does is the eye test. And SU hasn't looked very competitive in games in which they should have. Virginia, Pitt, those can be toss-ups as it took some poor officiating and a trick play to decide the game. I really just haven't seen much improvement, and that's really concerning.

i don't get what you're complaining about. how else do suggest they get a trend for how syracuse is doing by game?

first it's a minor nit, now they're morons.

He was trying not to insult the poster because he thought he did all the work himself.

And you can certainly showcase exactly what they did without the AVG column at the end. Heck if you want an average line running across the table, you can do that easily in Excel, and that wouldn't mess with your trend data.

Forget the charts, look at the actual numbers at the bottom.

Bloody.

who needs the charts, just watch the games and the coaching decisions. after you vomit, you will realize you don't need the charts to tell you anything.

Well, people were watching and prior to the latest debacle there was still a lot of talk of the O "looking" better. But I think people were focused on the 1 or 2 drives each game that went well, and were ignoring all the others than stunk.

Well, people were watching and prior to the latest debacle there was still a lot of talk of the O "looking" better. But I think people were focused on the 1 or 2 drives each game that went well, and were ignoring all the others than stunk.

they must have only been watching the first half of each game from UVA onward. 13 second half points TOTAL in the past four games from the offense I believe. 7 of which was Zach in garbage time last week after Dungey, well, we know what happened...

djorange1989 said:
they must have only been watching the first half of each game from UVA onward. 13 second half points TOTAL in the past four games from the offense I believe. 7 of which was Zach in garbage time last week after Dungey, well, we know what happened...

Stats bear that out. 1 half of promise, something to build on. 2 half it dissolves into a pile a pooh.

1 offensive TD in the 2nd half in the last 4 games and it came in garbage time in a blow-out. Yes, this Lester offensive experiments is an enormous success.

Thanks for signing Dungey and letting some people create a new position name for a few weeks...good luck to you at your next coaching stop.

i don't get what you're complaining about. how else do suggest they get a trend for how syracuse is doing by game?

first it's a minor nit, now they're morons.
It was a minor not when I thought it was the OP. Much worse that it's ESPN.
FWIW, having "average" as a separate observation is incorrect. It skews the linear trend, making it look like AVG is an extra game we just played.

The line chart of the games we played along with the linear trend is all they need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom