Looks like we could Doug Marrone as the next Tennessee Titans HC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like we could Doug Marrone as the next Tennessee Titans HC

Marrone is a good coach but I wouldn't trust him to be able to handle the rigors of all that a HC entails. Frankly, in his two HC stints so far, he appears to me to HATE it. His misery seems to pass on to his players too.

His miserable players in Buffalo last year will have a better record that Coach Wonderful Rex this year.

Buffalo is a joke.

I'm pretty sure the money was equal, if I understand it correctly. The money he made from Jax this year was deducted from what the Bills owed him, so he would have made the same amount of money in either scenario.
Are you sure there was a deduction. He wasn't fired, it was an opt out bonus/severence.

Are you sure there was a deduction. He wasn't fired, it was an opt out bonus/severence.

He got all of it, was a clause in his contract that if ownership changed he got paid even if he left. Was bargain compared to the value they have in Rex.

My wife is from Darien, near Buffalo and was miffed at hiring Ryan. Look at his record as a Head Coach, wouldn't have hired him to a 5 year deal unless the buyout was ridiculously low.

Good luck to anyone that hires him. Better hope you get a Super Bowl to accompany all the baggage you'll have to deal with.

When you commit $30M to a coach, it should be an upgrade.

Bills are stuck with a dead contract for a crap head coach.

Good first decision by Pegula.

What's all the baggage?

I'm pretty sure the money was equal, if I understand it correctly. The money he made from Jax this year was deducted from what the Bills owed him, so he would have made the same amount of money in either scenario.

No offset.

To the rescue!

Always management's fault.

You're the one making the assertion, just asking what it is.

Based on the evidence, management at two different places maybe should have listened to the guy and done more to keep him.

Last edited:
But will it be OK with Bob Casullo?

(Notice how I avoided saying "It's his dream job".)

Good luck to anyone that hires him. Better hope you get a Super Bowl to accompany all the baggage you'll have to deal with.
I for one would look forward to seeing the Tennessee media transform into a group of cutthroat bandits overnight, whilst everyone within the rest of the Titans organization magically becomes far, far more difficult to work with.

GoSU96 said:
You're the one making the assertion, just asking what it is. Based on the evidence, management at two different places maybe should have listened to the guy and done more to keep him.

Ha

When I get my job worthy of PR support, you're my first phone call.

Bayside44 said:
I watched enough of today's game to see some really crappy playcalling.

Well yeah, but when the coach quits on you all you can do is try to find another one. Doesn't always work out.

OttoinGrotto said:
I for one would look forward to seeing the Tennessee media transform into a group of cutthroat bandits overnight, whilst everyone within the rest of the Titans organization magically becomes far, far more difficult to work with.

I think that's where his wife wants to be so I'd imagine management will seem more accommodating.

Then again, tigers don't change their stripes, or so I hear.

I think that's where his wife wants to be so I'd imagine management will seem more accommodating.

Then again, tigers don't change their stripes, or so I hear.
resized_disgruntled.gif

I am wondering what the Bills fans here think of the job Rex did this season (with more talent?) as compared to the progress the Bills were making under DM. I think most of you were glad to see him go.

IF Marrone gets the Titans job, especially with MM as his QB, I have little doubt he will be very successful NFL HC very quickly.
No one misses him

Two games under .5oo, that's one hell of an upgrade.

Enjoy the next five years of ground and pound, you deserve it.

Ryan will be gone after next season, Pegula isnt keeping him around for four years, the Ralph Wilson era of that crap is long over. Marrone opted out to the surprise of Pegula reportedly, most Bills fans wanted him back I know I did.

Ryan will be gone after next season, Pegula isnt keeping him around for four years, the Ralph Wilson era of that crap is long over. Marrone opted out to the surprise of Pegula reportedly, most Bills fans wanted him back I know I did.

Twenty plus million to walk away is a big check for anyone.

I don't think you had a majority opinion.

When it comes time to negotiate the contract, I doubt that Tennessee will agree to the $4 million option not to coach.

Twenty plus million to walk away is a big check for anyone.

I don't think you had a majority opinion.

Most Bills fans I know were very surprised he opted out and in some cases shocked. Most of them wanted him to return. I can't speak for Millhouse or others on this board but I definitely wanted him back especially after a 9-7 season with a win over Green Bay and near wins over Denver and New England.

Two games under .5oo, that's one hell of an upgrade.

Enjoy the next five years of ground and pound, you deserve it.
Just telling you how buffalo fans feel. Roman is a doofus and the offense is better. Marrone hires good people on defense, I'll give him that