Looks like we're playing Wisconsin... | Syracusefan.com

Looks like we're playing Wisconsin...

They look like K-State but with guys who can actually shoot. Intersitng that it was kind of an an up-and-down game. I thought Wisconsin wanted nothing but 35 second possessions.

We lucked out big time with this matchup. Considering Vandy does extremely well against athletics teams (UK), and Wisky sucks against zone.

"The value of having a big guy guarding the ball"

Front the inbounds pass!

Vandy out in the second round--a team I knew would be a popular NCAA tourney selection after their win over Kentucky, and a team that I figured would underachieve.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the other popular NCAA pick, Florida State, stub their toe early too.

Bring on the Badgers!!!

Considering Vandy got back into it with the zone and they have 3 guys who shot 40% or higher from 3, plus Ezeli downlow and have beaten UK....imo we lucked out getting Wisconsin.

Vandy out in the second round--a team I knew would be a popular NCAA tourney selection after their win over Kentucky, and a team that I figured would underachieve.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the other popular NCAA pick, Florida State, stub their toe early too.

I'm starting to feel decent our our chances to get to New Orleans after watching Wiscy and OSU today. I'm not worried about FSU, and Cinci isn't beating us again if they somehow get that far.

Wisconsin struggled against Vandy's zone. I think we rebound within 10 of them I like this matchup more than Ezeli, Jenkins, and Tinsley.

Wisconsin struggled against Vandy's zone. I think we rebound within 10 of them I like this matchup more than Ezeli, Jenkins, and Tinsley.

Taylors a great defnder also, kjo wouldve had his hands full

Not that it matters, but Seth Davis just said, "That's a real tough matchup for Wisconsin."

Me too.

Be careful what you wish for--I know--since they execute well in half court sets and shoot a lot of threes, but I like the matchup on paper.

Wisconsin fired up about 30 threes today. Not sure what their % was, but I'd imagine they'll be shooting about that many against us, too.

Wisconsin fired up about 30 threes today. Not sure what their % was, but I'd imagine they'll be shooting about that many against us, too.
I would just extend the zone and make them beat us with 2's.

We'll extend the zone way out. They don't have the bigs to do damage

We'll extend the zone way out. They don't have the bigs to do damage
generally agree, but we do need to be somewhat concerned with the Bergeren kid (#40) inside - he can bang pretty good in there and is actually a decent athlete - Rak/Baye might have some trouble with him.

They will either live or die with the three on Thursday. I just think we are an athletic nightmare for Wiscy. Dion should be able to take them off the dribble all night.

They will either live or die with the three on Thursday. I just think we are an athletic nightmare for Wiscy. Dion should be able to take them off the dribble all night.

Right, they can definately win, I just think they'll have to go off. Like 12-26 from 3 or something wacky.

Ill take my chance with that vs Giant 6'11 guy getting everyone O board and dunking it.

Plus, Wisconsin will be stubborn and play man to man. We struggle against zone, but ego coaches like Bo Ryan will play his way no matter the opponent. We can pick and roll against Wisconsin. I just think Vandy's athletes, post game and 3 pt shooting would have been a perfect storm against us. Wisconsin can beat us as well, but Vandy just scared me. No matter the opponent we will have to play like we did today to get to New Orleans. I see Cincy beating Florida State tomorrow setting up a Big East-Big 10 challenge in Boston doubleheader.

Considering Vandy got back into it with the zone and they have 3 guys who shot 40% or higher from 3, plus Ezeli downlow and have beaten UK....imo we lucked out getting Wisconsin.

If we play our zone as active as we did today, Wisconsin is in trouble. If we play the lax zone we played on Thursday and against Cincy, then we are in for a long evening of drain the clock, drain a three.

Press press press. Speed up the game early and get them off rhythm.

Congratulations RF: is it going to be tough for you rooting against the Cuse?

Honestly--I have no idea how to interpret your post.

And it has nothing to do with it being St. Patrick's Day!

Huh?

Wisconsin is not a game to overlook but imo I think Wisconsin is a good matchup for us, they have balance and play solid d, however they go as far as Jordan Taylor can take them, if he shoots poorly then points will be hard to come by.

My prediction: I doubt Wisconsin will shoot over 40% unless they are unstoppable from beyond the arc like Cincy.

Also I was hoping Vandy won so SU could play them and beat them, thus we get to hear all those analysts either praise SU and hop back on the bandwagon train or blame something for why Vandy lost.

Honestly--I have no idea how to interpret your post.

And it has nothing to do with it being St. Patrick's Day!

Huh?

Just teasing.

Not that it matters, but Seth Davis just said, "That's a real tough matchup for Wisconsin."

Lol.

Why wouldn't it matter? I could count on one hand -- and have fingers left over -- people on this board who know more hoops than Seth.

Add to that the fact that he's actually objective, and I like his comment quite a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom