Love Fran | Syracusefan.com

Love Fran

CsonkaStash

Starter
He said he spoke to LaQuin who lost his father and wants kids praying with him 3 times a week in his office. Also said we aren't perfect and there was only one person who ever was that walked this planet and HE died for our sins. I love that Fran is a Religious Man. Some of you may not be and that's ok but he said he wants to raise men for the next 100 years and not just football players. He is authentic and driven. Love this guy

That was the best introductory press conference I’ve ever seen. He’s locked in and knows what it takes to win here. Love that he’s going to follow the Pasqualoni/DeLeone blueprint. It’s about to get real fun to be a Cuse football fan again. We’ve all been waiting a long time for this.

As a lapsed catholic and agnostic man, doesn't bother me one bit. A lot of his players are religious and he's focused on raising good men. I loved that about Dino and it comes across super authentic with Coach Fran.

As a lapsed catholic and agnostic man, doesn't bother me one bit. A lot of his players are religious and he's focused on raising good men. I loved that about Dino and it comes across super authentic with Coach Fran.
100 percent agree. That is the point here, he wants to help create good men who are accountable to their brothers on the field and in life. Makes me proud to call him our Coach. I hope LaQuint stays. Now go hit that Portal and Recruiting Fran.

He said he spoke to LaQuin who lost his father and wants kids praying with him 3 times a week in his office. Also said we aren't perfect and there was only one person who ever was that walked this planet and HE died for our sins. I love that Fran is a Religious Man. Some of you may not be and that's ok but he said he wants to raise men for the next 100 years and not just football players. He is authentic and driven. Love this guy
I love it. It's about rasing kids the right way and having a real foundation in life. Principles and honor, hard work. Im an atheist, and I'd pray with this man all day long.

So impressed after that Press Conferenc!​

IMG_0593.gif

What if they don't want to pray? Serious question. Not for everyone, and certainly other ways people handle themselves. "Prayer" can certainly cover a wide range too and not directly related to anything religious, I guess.

What if they don't want to pray? Serious question. Not for everyone, and certainly other ways people handle themselves. "Prayer" can certainly cover a wide range too and not directly related to anything religious, I guess.
Then they'll respectfully decline the invitation.
I don't see where I read anywhere that he insists or requires kids to pray with him, correct?
Not directed towards you 917, but I'll never understand the issue with someone wanting to worship as they see fit, as long as it doesn't impose on anyone else. I grew up in a heavily Catholic neighborhood and even went to Catholic school. Didn't bother me one bit when they'd pray- I simply said my own prayer privately & kept it moving.
Folks tend to get offended about everything these days. We need some thicker skin and not to take ourselves so fricken seriously! JMHO
(End rant)

Then they'll respectfully decline the invitation.
I don't see where I read anywhere that he insists or requires kids to pray with him, correct?
Not directed towards you 917, but I'll never understand the issue with someone wanting to worship as they see fit, as long as it doesn't impose on anyone else. I grew up in a heavily Catholic neighborhood and even went to Catholic school. Didn't bother me one bit when they'd pray- I simply said my own prayer privately & kept it moving.
Folks tend to get offended about everything these days. We need some thicker skin and not to take ourselves so fricken seriously! JMHO
(End rant)
Totally fair. When I see a statement "wants kids praying 3x a week in his office", I think my reply was reasonable. But I am sure it will be individual based.

Totally fair. When I see a statement "wants kids praying 3x a week in his office", I think my reply was reasonable. But I am sure it will be individual based.
I think it will be more that he invites them to Pray with him 3 days a week. If they don't want to then that is ok too. I think in reality he may recruit more kids that do then do not.

I think it will be more that he invites them to Pray with him 3 days a week. If they don't want to then that is ok too. I think in reality he may recruit more kids that do then do not.
Given the context it seemed the 3x a week was aimed squarely at Laquint Allen, considering his personal tragedies, but who knows

Same boat as you. Doesn't bother me either.

Was that a coaching introduction or a TED Talk. By far the best introductory press conference I have ever heard and I get why people would want to play for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom