Low 300s vs High 100s (Seats) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Low 300s vs High 100s (Seats)

would help if the viewfinder on cuse.com would show football seating along with the current basketball. I am also weighing my options on moving my seat

Dan I'm in the extreme upper 301/302...love the seats. I get my cardio going down and back from the stainless steel trough while Mr. Excitement is babbling about Yancey's Fancy and usually not missing a play during a TV timeout. IMHO the best bang for the buck is the lower 300s in the corners for $125.
^^This^^. I have been in 324 row D , corner section, for years. I love my seats! I'm directly above the exit, the pee troughs, food and beer. Fielding get any better. Oh! And the sight of Kirby Dar Dar coming right at me was awesome.

^^This^^. I have been in 324 row D , corner section, for years. I love my seats! I'm directly above the exit, the pee troughs, food and beer. Fielding get any better. Oh! And the sight of Kirby Dar Dar coming right at me was awesome.
We are neighbors then... We have been in 324 row B for five years now. Thats where we are thinking of moving from (down to the 100s)... but general consensus here is to stay put. I think we were leaning that way anyways...

Thoughts here -- Lower 300 level is awesome. Back of the 100's also awesome. Honestly you deal with a coin flip there. Both will have advantages and disadvantages. As for the 200s I think you're better off with the coin flip. 200s are also a night atmosphere the view starts losing its luster as you inch back toward the last 5 rows or so. Come to the spring game on the 4th and take a look at something like 129 in the non preferred area. Pretty good look (8-10 yard line depending) if you're above row O

Dan any idea if the price is going up since there are 7 games instead of 6? Not your call, obviously, but SU would be wise to tread lightly with increases. Get people in the stands for a change !!

Dan any idea if the price is going up since there are 7 games instead of 6? Not your call, obviously, but SU would be wise to tread lightly with increases. Get people in the stands for a change !!

I cannot confirm or deny buuuuuuut keep on eye on renewals that go out next week I think you will all be very happy :eat popcorn:

I cannot confirm or deny buuuuuuut keep on eye on renewals that go out next week I think you will all be very happy :eat popcorn:

Good to hear... now can you get #44 back in play so we can get Washington to play here? Then SU can raise prices as we will start to win again !!:cool:

Good to hear... now can you get #44 back in play so we can get Washington to play here? Then SU can raise prices as we will start to win again !!:cool:

I would LOVE 44 back. Personally I think put it and play and then the coaches and player decide who wears it. If that man is a senior, terrific. A freshman? Fine.

When the dome first opened, the late Luke LaPorta took me on a tour to select my seats. He told me section 319 were the best seats in the house, and he was right. Better than watching the game on tv, you could see every play develop. By the way, Luke was one of the finest men I have ever met in my life.

I have sat in many places in the dome. For over the last ten years at least I have been 4 rows up from the field in the end zone. I sometimes sit with my family in the 300s just for a change. I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but as many have said there aren't many bad spots in the dome. Truly I believe if you find an area with good people stick with it. Sometimes I find it hard to see a play develop on the other end of the field but when they score right in front of me and I high five the same group I have been sitting with for years... this makes the experience! Find good people and those are the right seats. Go CUSE!

I found the right section but everyone still ignores me.
i11g94wlzy5uqoect0bn.jpg

Dan I'm in the extreme upper 301/302...love the seats. I get my cardio going down and back from the stainless steel trough while Mr. Excitement is babbling about Yancey's Fancy and usually not missing a play during a TV timeout. IMHO the best bang for the buck is the lower 300s in the corners for $125.
Me too. To me, the ability to watch plays develop is best up there, and having a degree of access to the opposing coaching staff can be, let's just say, quite interesting at times.

There is nothing better than hearing the reaction from 8 coaches at the same time when they realize they are in the wrong defense and a disaster is about to ensue. Swearing, following by screaming to the staff downstairs to call timeout, followed by more swearing and punching of walls as a touchdown play develops...

Loud and proud in Section 301. We're on the aisle in row P, we absolutely love it. Heckling the opposing teams' coaches is a perk, although last year we heckled Cool Kid.

We are neighbors then... We have been in 324 row B for five years now. Thats where we are thinking of moving from (down to the 100s)... but general consensus here is to stay put. I think we were leaning that way anyways...
Really? What seat numbers? I'm 6,7,8,9

I've sat in both. My favorites have always been the 100s right behind the S.U. sideline (as close as possible to the team). Yes, you sacrifice quite a bit in terms of view, seeing the whole field, watching plays develop, etc. However, I feel it's worth it in terms of what you gain by being right there when big plays happen, plus the excitement of being mere feet away from the team as they react to game changing moments or especially hard hits. It's great to see how into the games the guys on the sidelines are, and seeing them get so pumped up just makes us even more excited in our seats. Also, being able to actually hear the words of encouragement being shouted to teammates is cool. Plus, you can't put a price on being that close to Coach Shafer when he flips out on the refs after a bad call.

Also, even the lowest row in the Dome is elevated off the field, so your view is never really that bad. Some stadiums' first row is actually on the field, but that's not the case with the Dome. It's all personal preference though. My advice whenever someone asks this is usually to try both and just pick whichever you prefer, since what I or someone else on the board likes better isn't necessarily going to be your choice. Of course, this has never stopped total strangers at tailgates from giving me a long lecture on why my preference is "wrong." :)