LSU fans are Syracuse fans are LSU fans | Syracusefan.com

LSU fans are Syracuse fans are LSU fans

BlackKnight76

All American
Was bored and browsing an LSU board to see what they thought of our upcoming series. They have a thread on Tigerdroppings about our threads here, and I discovered this amazing post:

Chances are MORE than good that the Syc. "return" game in 2017 will be "sold" to the N.O. superdome.Based on recent scheduling trends, I don't think Tiger stadium will ever see another good/great OOC opponent. Virtually any ooc opponent that's "sellable" will be moved to a neutral site...very sad

Sounds familiar.

Also, they seem to think we're good people. Should be a fun home and home.

Was bored and browsing an LSU board to see what they thought of our upcoming series. They have a thread on Tigerdroppings about our threads here, and I discovered this amazing post:

Sounds familiar.

I get your point, but the difference between what they have done and what we have done is this. We played or are playing "home" games against USC and Notre Dame in Metlife and then are playing true road games on the opponent's campus(USC for sure, Notre Dame I expect to play our road games in SB, but its not official yet)

What LSU has done is schedule neutral site games home/homes. They are playing Wisconsin this year in Houston as an LSU home game and then in 2016 are playing the return game at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. They also have a neutral site home/home scheduled with Penn State in the future. They haven't sold any games to the SuperDome I am guessing that is a frustrated LSU fan. If Syracuse scheduled neutral/neutral home/homes I wouldn't have any problem with that at all. I hate playing road/Metlife series.

what is the difference in ticket sales for the tiger stadium vs the superdome? Su wont get many for a pretty high demand ticket and there are 20K less available. how does moving this game help make money with that many less tickets getting sold?

Yeah, it's not exactly the same, but funny to see a fan of a top 10 program have largely the same complaints/worries as many do here. And as easy for me as the MetLife games are, i'm really glad the dome is getting some love again.

Honestly the Penn State game last year was perfect if we are going to play Metlife games. It was a true neutral site game in the NYC area. Hell 2-1-1 series aren't bad if the Dome gets a home game. I would have thrown a basketball home/home in the football deal just to say thank you to LSU.

Guys, we get LSU in the Dome and he play in Death Valley. Neither fan base should complain. They play in the loud house and we play at perhaps the best tailgate in all of CFBdom (easily top 10). No need to discuss moving either game.

I would not mind adding a neutral site game or two if they like.

TexanMark said:
I'll be rooting for LSU to do well this year. A nod of respect for them having the ballz to play a home and home.

Not you, but I remember several people saying we had to play in NJ if we wanted a name opponent because nobody at that level would come to the Dome.

It's also cache when negotiating with a middling power who tries to say we're not worthy of a h&h. "Of really Michigan? LSU did it. .. what makes you so special? "

It's also cache when negotiating with a middling power who tries to say we're not worthy of a h&h. "Of really Michigan? LSU did it. .. what makes you so special? "
Michigan may never invite us back because we beat them in the Big House. There is also a possible issue with a few fans "relocating" a certain banner sign.

Sounds familiar.

that's a bummer. i'd rather have the game in baton rouge

BR or Super Dome makes no matter to me. I'll be there either way.

Honestly the Penn State game last year was perfect if we are going to play Metlife games. It was a true neutral site game in the NYC area. Hell 2-1-1 series aren't bad if the Dome gets a home game. I would have thrown a basketball home/home in the football deal just to say thank you to LSU.
no, no, no.

Syracuse should not be pimping out its hoop team for the football games under any circumstances. both sports choreograph their schedules, we dont need a puppet master getting involved and screwing things up. expecially when the light at the end of the hoop tunnel is blinding right now.

lsu at Giants Stadium wouldve been another usc, 35-40k there anyway. it doesnt work.

i wouldve taken 1 to see a game and to help fill that contract that has caused you such duress, but it really doesnt make sense. the gators? now that different.

curious as to what the b1g schools are now thinking with piscataway on the sched and if its really worth it for Syracuse to schedule them. but i guess if theyre here anyway, whats another game or 2?

may have to go and get texas.

and yeah Al, chances are they wont be stopping in the Dome a la ped st.

Neutral site games bring more $. It shouldn't always be about that, but that's the landscape and even the "big boys" find it hard to turn down.

Kaiser...thought about that too, ref...B1G teams still wanting to schedule us.

I think Rutgers will hurt us some but we can still offer Michigan and tOSU MetLife on ABC and Ruttie is offering New Brunswick on BTN. I doubt we'll ever see UM or tOSU at the Dome. I think we might be able to get most of the B1G Western and lesser Eastern teams into the Dome though.

Kaiser...thought about that too, ref...B1G teams still wanting to schedule us.

I think Rutgers will hurt us some but we can still offer Michigan and tOSU MetLife on ABC and Ruttie is offering New Brunswick on BTN. I doubt we'll ever see UM or tOSU at the Dome. I think we might be able to get most of the B1G Western and lesser Eastern teams into the Dome though.
agree that the only 2 with the cache to not play the Dome are tosu and um, thats where we may need a ped st 2-1-1 like al pointed out.

give wisky and neb 1-1-1.

the rest should be Dome onlys.

Neutral site games bring more $. It shouldn't always be about that, but that's the landscape and even the "big boys" find it hard to turn down.
i believe you but why? i'm baffled by some of these neutral site games that don't draw very well and how they can be so lucrative

i believe you but why? i'm baffled by some of these neutral site games that don't draw very well and how they can be so lucrative
weve been over what the gross #s are to say Giants Stadium based on tickets and parking, but i wonder if Stadiums like that get to charge the sponsers for having an event there??

in other words, Bud Light & Verizon each 'own' an entrance and corner of the Stadium, they had to pay for that right. but if the Stadium officials could then say...well we brought in wrestling, 5 Springsteen shows, kenny chesney, 2 soccer matches and Syracuse v ND, so you owe us advertising fees for 10 more events outside the 20 Giants/jets guarantees.

then everybody is a winner.

I wish I knew exactly, but I heard that the MetLife games guaranteed SU double the profit of a sold-out home game. Kaiser might be right in that it gives the Stadiums an extra event for ad revenue, suites, etc.

It could be that other schools are like SU and everyone gets a cut of home games, which eats into the profits for the Ath Dept, so taking a set fee for a neutral game works out better.

weve been over what the gross #s are to say Giants Stadium based on tickets and parking, but i wonder if Stadiums like that get to charge the sponsers for having an event there??

in other words, Bud Light & Verizon each 'own' an entrance and corner of the Stadium, they had to pay for that right. but if the Stadium officials could then say...well we brought in wrestling, 5 Springsteen shows, kenny chesney, 2 soccer matches and Syracuse v ND, so you owe us advertising fees for 10 more events outside the 20 Giants/jets guarantees.

then everybody is a winner.
that story depends on bud light and verizon being very very stupid - or Syracuse leaving all kinds of money on the table at home

however much SU vs ND entrance advertising is worth should apply at home

I wish I knew exactly, but I heard that the MetLife games guaranteed SU double the profit of a sold-out home game. Kaiser might be right in that it gives the Stadiums an extra event for ad revenue, suites, etc.

It could be that other schools are like SU and everyone gets a cut of home games, which eats into the profits for the Ath Dept, so taking a set fee for a neutral game works out better.
i think it must be something like the second story, there must be some dumb rules and restrictions on a home game that they can avoid by having a 30,000 person crowd down the road

that story depends on bud light and verizon being very very stupid - or Syracuse leaving all kinds of money on the table at home

however much SU vs ND entrance advertising is worth should apply at home
im not sure about them being stupid as the only reason, that would imply that the flat fee be astronomical, otherwise 345 days of the year nobody knows that budlight paid X to own the East Gate.

nobody does anything for a flat fee these days. its all commission based.

got to think even Stadium rates has something to do with commissions as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom