Luke MacPhail transferring to Utah Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Luke MacPhail transferring to Utah Tech

Kid looked decent in his HS film and not bad in spring games. Seems like he possibly could have helped us in the owl game against a team who was supposed to be just awful against the pass but I guess the staff thought differently. Not surprised he’s leaving considering that. Definitely need to bring in annother arm.
I don’t think we have played Temple for a while.

He was great running the American League in the 70s
Yankees GM too during the lean "Horace Clarke Years" when they were owned by CBS before Steinbrenner.

My guess is Fran told Luke to leave. After that bowl performance even those who did play were or will soon be asked to look for other options.

Good luck Luke. If I were him I would have left as soon as the prior coaches thought they were in better shape with a Tight End and Running Back at QB than with my services. Hope he finds a FCS opportunity where he can compete to start.

At least Luke has his degree and great memories of his time in CNY. I still have those myself 20 plus years later. Well except for many nights or memories I do not remember or are hazy:) Wait how did I get that degree?

My guess is Fran told Luke to leave. After that bowl performance even those who did play were or will soon be asked to look for other options.

Good luck Luke. If I were him I would have left as soon as the prior coaches thought they were in better shape with a Tight End and Running Back at QB than with my services. Hope he finds a FCS opportunity where he can compete to start.

At least Luke has his degree and great memories of his time in CNY. I still have those myself 20 plus years later. Well except for many nights or memories I do not remember or are hazy:) Wait how did I get that degree?
Would he ask a walk-on to leave? That’s cold.

I doubt it. He had zero opportunity of playing next season so made the correct choice from a football standpoint.

He is not asking a walk on that has been useful as a practice player to leave, it doesn’t free up any scholarships.
He stayed and got his degree. It would have been foolish to leave before finishing his degree.

I’m doubtful that HCFB asked LM to leave. The kid is a walk-on, who could probably have had some scholarship opportunities out of HS. He’s got his degree. He’s got two years to play. Good for him. I don’t think this is a kid portalling to chase the illusion of an NFL dream. This is a kid who wants to play football while he can. Good luck Luke.

Probably has to drop below FCS to be guaranteed a starting spot but maybe he goes to an Ivy to compete for the job and get a masters.

Before he gets out of the portal maybe we can intercept him! (Sorry, Luke. You don't deserve that). :rolleyes:

The Utah Tech Trailblazers are part of the very location distributed United Athletic Conference.
They went 2-9 (0-6) in 2023. They only played 4 home games.

If this is his best opportunity, then hopefully he'll get some playing time.
It's quite a distance from his home.

Ah. I have heard of Dixie St. Go west, young man! Use football to enable your adventures.

Is Utah Tech really a D1 team?
Utah Tech used to be known as Dixie State. I know Jerry Tarkanian’s son played there before transferring to play for his dad. Tark used to place a few of his non-qualifying verbal commits at Dixie if my memory serves.
This is correct, and they really bungled the renaming, imo. There were way cooler names being considered, and they went with the super boring one.

That said, I like the branding they've done. It looks good. Plus, St. George is a cool town. I like it down there.

This is correct, and they really bungled the renaming, imo. There were way cooler names being considered, and they went with the super boring one.

That said, I like the branding they've done. It looks good. Plus, St. George is a cool town. I like it down there.
St. George is a cool town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom