Lunardi latest bracket... | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi latest bracket...

I can just imagine Seth Davis on selection sunday -- as the 7/10 game is revealed (and we are a 10)

Within a nanosecond, he will announce that he can't wait for the second round 2/7 matchup.

Calling him out in advance.

My hope is we are a 10 seed playing one of these Pac 12 teams as a 7. We'll kill them.

Then I'll take my chances vs one of the 2s. Hopefully Nova

I can just imagine Seth Davis on selection sunday -- as the 7/10 game is revealed (and we are a 10)

Within a nanosecond, he will announce that he can't wait for the second round 2/7 matchup.

Guy is a tool. No idea how he has his job.

12528601-mmmain.jpg

Nah, he won't pick on us anymore. Took too much heat last time (see pic above) and besides, he's JB's bff now...:rolleyes:

If youre like me and really want to see us in Brooklyn, I guess we need to root against Miami. Lunardi has them in Brooklyn right now, that would basically cut our chances in half. Need it to be Nova and Maryland.

Ouch, we aint beating sparty. Theyre 1 of the teams i wanna see far away from us.

I think Bentil would go off against us. Plus, some random bench player would probably put up a career high.

Let's just win some games and this will all sort itself out. Go 3-0 and win 2 in Greensboro and we're a 7 seed. Go 0-3 and 0-1 in G-boro and we have a decent shot at getting to the second round of NIT.

I knew we had dropped a lot in RPI and on the consenus ranking on bracketmatrix.com this week, but this is a bit troubling to me---this is the first bracket to pull us out of the Dance completely!

http://realtimerpi.com/bracketology/bracketology_Men.html

At least give us a "play-in" game on Tues/Wed for Christ sake! This has the Bonnies in safely at 10 (a bye), which is a bit different than many brackets I have seen. I actually don't have a huge issue with this as they have a great RPI (35) with 3 top-50 wins (1 less than us). I had been rooting for them (to help us out and give us another top-50), but no more!

Last edited:
I knew we had dropped a lot in RPI and on the consenus ranking on bracketmatrix.com this week, but his is a bit troubling to me---this is the first bracket to pull us out of the Dance completely!

http://realtimerpi.com/bracketology/bracketology_Men.html

At least give us a "play-in" game on Tues/Wed for Christ sake! This has the Bonnies in safely at 10 (a bye), which is a bit different than many brackets I have seen. I actually don't have a huge issue with this as they have a great RPI (35) with 3 top-50 wins (1 less than us). I had been rooting for them (to help us out and give us another top-50), but no more!
What I do not like about the whole bracket business is that it is not looking for the best 68 teams in the country or even the best 34 at large. I wonder how many bracketologists would choose St. Bonnies over SU on a neutral court if their life depended on it. Not one would. Yet, they will vote them in the dance over us.

Their shooting isn't what worries me, it's the rebounding.

That's a staple of Izzo teams no doubt. The added three ball dimension from multiple guys makes them really tough this year. They used to be kinda like a better Pitt with more skill but still dependant on off. boards and second chance points.

Ouch, we aint beating sparty. Theyre 1 of the teams i wanna see far away from us.
My hope is we are a 10 seed playing one of these Pac 12 teams as a 7. We'll kill them.

Then I'll take my chances vs one of the 2s. Hopefully Nova
Agreed. Nova would be great. I also wouldn't mind Xavier or Maryland (if they righted the ship and made a deep run in the Big 10 tourney)

That's a staple of Izzo teams no doubt. The added three ball dimension from multiple guys makes them really tough this year. They used to be kinda like a better Pitt with more skill but still dependant on off. boards and second chance points.

when im filling out my bracket sparty is gonna be the 1st team i look out and im just gonna move them right to the final 4 without even looking at matchups. may do the same with north carolina. say what you want about roy but that team is still stacked and will be very tough to beat.

when im filling out my bracket sparty is gonna be the 1st team i look out and im just gonna move them right to the final 4 without even looking at matchups. may do the same with north carolina. say what you want about roy but that team is still stacked and will be very tough to beat.

Will probably do the same with both. Carolina will just overwhelm teams not used to them with their size and all the quality bodies they can throw at you.

Agreed. Nova would be great. I also wouldn't mind Xavier or Maryland (if they righted the ship and made a deep run in the Big 10 tourney)
Nova would be great? Wright has a history of knowing how to kill the zone and this may be his best team since 2006.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom