Lunardi | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi

No one has us in bracket matrix right now, fwiw
I'm just struggling to understand this... Is it just being hung up in that NET number?.. I looked at ESPN BPI stuff today and saw our SOR actually makes Cuse a 10 seed in their rankings. I have felt that if we beat Clemson we are in no matter what and I'll stick by that. Committee in football and hoops for years has stuck by the rule of "Go out and play people" You can only pick your Non Conf schedule . Cuse played teams at least respectable . By comparison we played four 200+ NET team in Non con .. Providence played seven.. Only 200+ team we play in ACC was LVille.. They played Gtown and Depaul each 2 times .. I didn't compare any others yet

he most certainly does not have an agenda against Syracuse. If I had to guess, he couldn't care less about them or any other team in particular outside of St. Joes.
Nah. He used to get roasted by JB and even let his personal feelings show a bit a couple years ago regarding Syracuse

I'm just struggling to understand this... Is it just being hung up in that NET number?.. I looked at ESPN BPI stuff today and saw our SOR actually makes Cuse a 10 seed in their rankings. I have felt that if we beat Clemson we are in no matter what and I'll stick by that. Committee in football and hoops for years has stuck by the rule of "Go out and play people" You can only pick your Non Conf schedule . Cuse played teams at least respectable . By comparison we played four 200+ NET team in Non con .. Providence played seven.. Only 200+ team we play in ACC was LVille.. They played Gtown and Depaul each 2 times .. I didn't compare any others yet
We have TWO Q1 wins. That's why.

I don't think we deserve to be strongly in the discussion until we win at Clemson. I would probably not have us in the 5-8 out group either, but didn't do a deep dive either. The gap is not very big.

That said a Q1A road win closes gaps. It changes our resume significantly, especially when things are tight.

Can't really argue too much until we win that next game. Conserve that energy.

Last edited:
I mean, most people on this board agree we're not in the tournament right now, and need at least 2 wins to feel like we're on the bubble.

If that's the take from a bunch of BIASED Syracuse fans, why in the world would Lunardi have us in?
Amen

I mean, most people on this board agree we're not in the tournament right now, and need at least 2 wins to feel like we're on the bubble.

If that's the take from a bunch of BIASED Syracuse fans, why in the world would Lunardi have us in?
You don’t think we should at least be a next 4 out? We swept Pittsburgh. Teams like utah, Iowa, and New Mexico have no business being in over us. The narrative seems to be that if Cuse beats Clemson tomorrow we are one ACC tourney game away from at least going to Dayton. This would secure a top 4 seed / double bye in ACC tourney I believe

You don’t think we should at least be a next 4 out? We swept Pittsburgh. Teams like utah, Iowa, and New Mexico have no business being in over us. The narrative seems to be that if Cuse beats Clemson tomorrow we are one ACC tourney game away from at least going to Dayton. This would secure a top 4 seed / double bye in ACC tourney I believe
What does sweeping Pitt have to do with it if they have a better resume than we do?

I'm not going to get foaming at the mouth mad about some perceived injustice when the truth is we haven't done enough to be in the "next 4 out" position as of now.

Win at Clemson. Win an ACC tournament game. If we're not firmly on the bubble after that, maybe I'll be upset.

This team has to win at least the next 3 games to have a chance with the Net being so high.

What does sweeping Pitt have to do with it if they have a better resume than we do?

I'm not going to get foaming at the mouth mad about some perceived injustice when the truth is we haven't done enough to be in the "next 4 out" position as of now.

Win at Clemson. Win an ACC tournament game. If we're not firmly on the bubble after that, maybe I'll be upset.
Sorry I don’t buy into the NET tool like an NPC. I watch the games and the games from an eye test matter. Pittsburgh is an inferior team to Syracuse and we proved that twice. There is no world where they should be getting in over us. Margin of victory is being heavily overvalued in the NET rankings. When you go on road and win a conference game and your NET drops, you know you’re looking at a pretty unserious tool

This team has to win at least the next 3 games to have a chance with the Net being so high.
I don’t think the committee is going to go by NET only. If that was the case New Mexico would be a 4 or 5 seed and not a bubble team. Common sense matters. Eye test matters

Nah. He used to get roasted by JB and even let his personal feelings show a bit a couple years ago regarding Syracuse
Syracuse fans, we are somehow always the victim.

I think we need another thread or four about how the NET is screwing Syracuse and not about the fact that they've been torched by good teams and have almost as many blowout losses (7) as Louisville does (8).

Virginia has the same amount of blowout losses as syracuse

A couple things to note here:

-Yes, SU is still on the outside looking in, as Lunardi implies here. No denying that.
-Per multiple bracketologists that track first four out, next four out, etc. SU is either already in that conversation or close to it.
-As the analytics boom of March Madness resumes has taken off the past few years, many independent sources perform far more accurate (theirs vs. what the committee ends up selecting, see: bracketmatrix) analyses of resumes than faces of major media outlets, Lunardi and Palm at CBS included.

Joe may be the godfather of this stuff, but no need to get worked up over his opinion that has proved far from the end result in recent years. Will all play itself out.

23 teams ranked higher than Cuse in NET with 0 or 1 quad 1 wins. How is St. Bonaventure ranked so much higher? I don't understand the NET at all.

Our NET is so high because we’ve gotten blown out alot, and we dont have alot of blowout wins. Its ridiculous.

And they beat the brakes off Syracuse. Or do wins not matter?

Apparently they dont matter since we swept pitt and theyre ahead of us. And we won a conference road game and dropped 2 spots.

The NET is broken.

Sorry I don’t buy into the NET tool like an NPC. I watch the games and the games from an eye test matter. Pittsburgh is an inferior team to Syracuse and we proved that twice. There is no world where they should be getting in over us. Margin of victory is being heavily overvalued in the NET rankings. When you go on road and win a conference game and your NET drops, you know you’re looking at a pretty unserious tool
Road wins matter you are right. However, Lville is awful. Probably should not have dropped but no way Cuse should had improved the NET
Speaking of road wins... Pitt won at Duke and at UVA ( we loss both those games by 20+) , won at GT and BC ( we loss both those games) and also beat NC St/Lville on the road ( same with Cuse) and won at W.Virgina. 7 road wins ( cuse has 4) That is why they are above us (only slightly).

If Cuse wins @ clemson, then its a different story and the Orange would have a better resume due to beating them H2H twice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom