Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft

I don't know, make him a better player, but hey go get some money and play in the D-league.

Do some research on how the Toronto Raptors handle their D-League Team. I really doubt the atmosphere for growth is that much higher in the NCAA. It really comes down to which situation is before your development.

Also add the fact that the NBA is expanding roster sizes to 17. Basically 2 extra contracts to carry on your roster and have them play in the D-League. The 15 man roster size only allowed you to keep a few first rounders and made it extremely hard for a second rounder to stick. Now a team can afford to carry more prospects, not be in a rush to move some out. With more teams now owning D-League franchises independently, it does seem the environemnt is getting much better for firsts and second rounders if you are not a player that will get many NBA minutes right away. The new rules buy you more time.

Then I stand corrected on Yabusele. I'll say that it seems like a lot of overseas guys end up being late risers because teams don't have roster spots for all of their draft picks, so they use some to stash on overseas players. I don't think mock drafts in March account for that.

I do think a lot of teams like to spend their early 2nd round picks and some late 1st round picks on Euro-stash type guys. I'm not sure if that's statistically the case, but it certainly feels that way.

If Lydon came back he could have averaged a triple double with 4.5 blocks and led our team to a national championship.

Do some research on how the Toronto Raptors handle their D-League Team. I really doubt the atmosphere for growth is that much higher in the NCAA. It really comes down to which situation is before your development.

Also add the fact that the NBA is expanding roster sizes to 17. Basically 2 extra contracts to carry on your roster and have them play in the D-League. The 15 man roster size only allowed you to keep a few first rounders and made it extremely hard for a second rounder to stick. Now a team can afford to carry more prospects, not be in a rush to move some out. With more teams now owning D-League franchises independently, it does seem the environemnt is getting much better for firsts and second rounders if you are not a player that will get many NBA minutes right away. The new rules buy you more time.

If you goal is to play in the d-league, thats fine. I am not completely knocking it, it serves its purpose. But if your an on the fence guy, and you are spending multiple months in the d-league, you didn't make the right decision.

I wonder if we just took the Malachi Richardson declares thread from last year, relabelled it as "lydon to hire agent and enter nba draft" and replaced this current thread if anyone would notice the difference... it's basically the same discussion.

In other news...Justin Jackson announces his return for his senior year , Kennard wants his masters and will stay until his senior year, Donovan Mitchell says the girls are better at Lville than Nba and will be staying

Thats just great, Jackson is a better player than Lydon, and he is coming back, I just can't anymore.

I would give up everything right now to get 3 million dollars over 3 years then go make 100K a year.

100 grand a year isn't sweet at 24? Ok.

You can't compare yourself to these guys, of course we would take the money, I am in the education field, I will be living paycheck to paycheck for the rest of my life most likely.

I would give up everything right now to get 3 million dollars over 3 years then go make 100K a year.

100 grand a year isn't sweet at 24? Ok.

Well that's horrible short term planning but to each their own. You realize it's not 3 million for one thing after you pay the man and the agent and whatever out of pocket you sustain.

Well that's horrible short term planning but to each their own. You realize it's not 3 million for one thing after you pay the man and the agent and whatever out of pocket you sustain.

Yes I am aware of how money works lol. So because he leaves early he won't know how to manage his money? What's to say he doesn't return to Cuse and finish his degree down the road?

You can't compare yourself to these guys, of course we would take the money, I am in the education field, I will be living paycheck to paycheck for the rest of my life most likely.

What if after his freshman season he kept showing weaknesses and his draft stock went down after this year. He absolutely should have left last year so I am not surprised to see him leave this year. Just wish him the best but I believe he is making the right choice. Although I still wish he just hadn't signed an agent yet.

NIT here we come
Wish him the best, but can't see him sticking in the NBA. He was pretty bad from January on this year. He doesn't fit any traditional positions in the NBA and lacks ball handling as well as quickness in his lateral movement and feet.

D league and then Europe, but I hope I am wrong. Success from our guys in the league is only beneficial.
He might make more over there in the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom