Lydon | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon

One positive with him going...we get to keep our 1st round draft pick streak going..I think we are tied with UK and KU??

I hope Tyler stays for selfish reasons. But I agree about the narrative about the NBA developing talent. I guess those player development coaches that every NBA team has on their staff just sit their staring into space all day?

We all hope he stays for selfish reasons, but for his own sake I hope he comes back, he will get eaten alive in the Nba right now.

We all hope he stays for selfish reasons, but for his own sake I hope he comes back, he will get eaten alive in the Nba right now.
Now you're just copying and pasting your Mali posts from last spring.

Now you're just copying and pasting your Mali posts from last spring.

What is the point of even having a discussion with you? You think everyone should leave.

What is the point of even having a discussion with you? You think everyone should leave.
If the almost 21-year-old Lydon goes to the combine and is told he is a likely first round pick (like Mali last year), yes, I think he should leave.

If the almost 21-year-old Lydon goes to the combine and is told he is a likely first round pick (like Mali last year), yes, I think he should leave.

Sure, I have a feeling judging by the way he has played of late, he is going to be told to come back.

Sure, I have a feeling judging by the way he has played of late, he is going to be told to come back.
And I have a feeling if he kills it at the combine and projects at the back end of the lottery, you'd still think he should come back.

And I have a feeling if he kills it at the combine and projects at the back end of the lottery, you'd still think he should come back.

The way hes going, its very unlikely, how many bball guys have you heard say this year, he isn't physically ready?

You look at the other draft prospects and with nearly each I go oh yeah he's a force but I get to Lydon and just don't think the same way(although I watched him all year or because I watched him all year). Although he was a greater rebounder he was rarely/never our catalyst as a draft prospect typically is. He lost his way a little bit. He needs another year!

The way hes going, its very unlikely, how many bball guys have you heard say this year, he isn't physically ready?
I haven't heard that from any NBA people, only people on message boards and perhaps a few college basketball analysts who have seen him play a few times and may know less than the message board crowd.

That's the beauty of the current system, Brian. A player can now test the waters and get an objective appraisal from people who actually earn their living evaluating and selecting talent for NBA teams.

Last edited:
MCW can't shoot! If he goes now with that jumper, he'll never play. How's he going to develop his jumper not playing? Come back, get stronger, improve your J and then go...

Oops, wrong thread again.

Yeah, they develop talent, but teams are not as patient as they used to be hence immediate D-League assignments. Those reps aren't making them better as they're playing against guys who will never sniff the pro level. A good landing spot for him would be on a team that has a need and where he can get some minutes even with his limited skill set.

The league develops talent off athletic ability to work with. TL is soft physically, has heavy feet, and gets pushed around inside.

after 8 pages of discussion, it comes down to this. lydon either likes college or not.

/thread

Thats a great point. These kids leave for the dream of being pro. But 22 yo kids that have developed a game over 4 years have a place in the NBA too. It went on for 50 years. Instead, they have agents in their ears instead if older people giving them some perspective on just how special your college years are in your life as well as the value of a 4 yr degree from the Cuse.

The league develops talent off athletic ability to work with. TL is soft physically, has heavy feet, and gets pushed around inside.

I agree with this. Jimmy Butler, Boogie Cousins, Parsons, of course Westbrook are just a couple of examples of guys who developed during the beginning of their NBA tenures. They are better athletes than Lydon. I was watching TJ Leaf move around yesterday against USC and Lydon isn't in his league in terms of agility and athleticism, imo. Lydon can shoot but even a Ryan Anderson moves better I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom