"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

Is there currently a serviceable high-speed track from Syracuse to NYC? If not, the cost to build one would be enormous. Here is Houston, 10 miles of lite rail is going to cost almost $200M (and that's using cheaper non-union labor). It's almost 250 miles to NYC from Syracuse. Assuming $20M per mile (we know it will be more though), you're talking $5B for a railway, and that doesn't include cost of the railcars.

Is there currently a serviceable high-speed track from Syracuse to NYC? If not, the cost to build one would be enormous. Here is Houston, 10 miles of lite rail is going to cost almost $200M (and that's using cheaper non-union labor). It's almost 250 miles to NYC from Syracuse. Assuming $20M per mile (we know it will be more though), you're talking $5B for a railway, and that doesn't include cost of the railcars.
You are in the ballpark. Could be as high as $14.7 billion. Discussions for high-speed trains for upstate NY have been going on for some time.

Linkage

You are in the ballpark. Could be as high as $14.7 billion. Discussions for high-speed trains for upstate NY have been going on for some time.

Linkage

thanks for the link. didn't realize this was already being discussed publicly.

These kinds of things are almost always underwhelming. Even though they said the uniform announcement would be small in comparison, it's still all I am expecting. Anything more is just gravy.

Low expectations = pleasantly surprised

A high speed monorail would be (fan)tastic. A direct NYC to Syracuse would be really sweet but I could see a NYC-Albany-Syracuse-Rochester-Buffalo one as well.

These kinds of things are almost always underwhelming. Even though they said the uniform announcement would be small in comparison, it's still all I am expecting. Anything more is just gravy.

Low expectations = pleasantly surprised

Yeah if a hint of Orange is the biggest thing they have to say and that is about the uniforms...yikes. It is nice to have something big going on though after this little bout of cold weather.

Likelihood in decreasing order of possibility:

1. New unis
2. Rail/monorail from Destiny to Dome
3. IPF build start date
4. IPF naming rights
5. Dome renaming rights
6. Announcement of stadium to be built adjacent to Destiny
7. Free beer for all season ticket holders

My Guess: The Destiny USA Easter Bunny is coming to the Spring Game... Epic... unless Miner somehow blocks him before he gets to the Dome...

An underwater stadium/aquarium in Onondaga Lake with high speed jet canal boats linking Manhatten. Now we're talkin crazy. This harkens back to my waterfall feature for a renovated Carrier Dome, if you recall.

I couldn't see them doing an announcement about uniforms at Destiny. That by itself would happen in the new football wing auditorium I would think. Get players reactions on video.

This has to be something that we are not thinking of...Hmmm.

I couldn't see them doing an announcement about uniforms at Destiny. That by itself would happen in the new football wing auditorium I would think. Get players reactions on video.

This has to be something that we are not thinking of...Hmmm.
Could it be they are opening some store or fan interaction experience at the mall. I doubt it's going to be one of the bigger things and niko said fun for fans and somebody was quoted as saying the new unis being an understatement so my guess is something in the mall su related.

Could it be unveiling rendering of Dome renovations? I am thinking something at the mall, like a new SU shop but that would be extremely underwhelming IMO.

A high speed monorail would be (fan)tastic. A direct NYC to Syracuse would be really sweet but I could see a NYC-Albany-Syracuse-Rochester-Buffalo one as well.
Trust me...something like announcing a major infrastruture improvement to the rail system of NY wouldn't come at a Cuse FB Presser.

Could it be they are opening some store or fan interaction experience at the mall. I doubt it's going to be one of the bigger things and niko said fun for fans and somebody was quoted as saying the new unis being an understatement so my guess is something in the mall su related.

That could work...maybe a Syracuse University HoF Restaurant + Museum. That would sell well on recruiting visits.

Trust me...something like announcing a major infrastruture improvement to the rail system of NY wouldn't come at a Cuse FB Presser.

True Mark. SU probably just bought a helicopter or has a deal with destiny to feed the football team.

World's first Hyperloop. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/12/tech/innovation/hyperloop-fastest-trains/index.html

Hyperloop-by-Elon-Musk-8.jpg

397823.jpg

TexanMark said:
That could work...maybe a Syracuse University HoF Restaurant + Museum. That would sell well on recruiting visits.
I actually just heard a little mention of that this morning at work. I wasn't going to give it a second thought, but since you mentioned it...

Syracuse Athletics HOF.

If you want my opinion, we already have one. It's called the whole university and athletics complex just a couple miles away.

That would be OK only if they locate it next to World of Beer or Gordon Biersch. Preferably as part of one of those establishments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom