Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

Copeland would not start here next year. Major head case who can’t shoot and has a many turnovers as assists.
You highly underrate Copeland. You better hope we get somebody who is at least as good as he is. Same for Brown. I don't think that's going to be easy

You highly underrate Copeland. You better hope we get somebody who is at least as good as he is. Same for Brown. I don't think that's going to be easy
I’m looking at it this way, at least in the front court. We’re essentially trading Maliq and Taylor’s production with Freeman’s and Lampkin which is an upgrade. Maliq and Lampkin may be an overall loss but he’s a legit center but Freeman can be a step above awful and be better than Taylor.

PG
JJ/Westry
Bell/Westry
Freeman
Lampkin/Mcleod/Patterson

Give me a solid backup 4/5 guy, a pass first guard and an upgrade at SG (know it won’t happen) and I think we could easily be a tournament team.

Red really needs to be ready to yank Bell and Starling for defense and Westry needs to be ready.

I’m looking at it this way, at least in the front court. We’re essentially trading Maliq and Taylor’s production with Freeman’s and Lampkin which is an upgrade. Maliq and Lampkin may be an overall loss but he’s a legit center but Freeman can be a step above awful and be better than Taylor.

PG
JJ/Westry
Bell/Westry
Freeman
Lampkin/Mcleod/Patterson

Give me a solid backup 4/5 guy, a pass first guard and an upgrade at SG (know it won’t happen) and I think we could easily be a tournament team.

Red really needs to be ready to yank Bell and Starling for defense and Westry needs to be ready.
Ya, need that PG. Can't be the JJ/Westry/Cuffe/Choppa poo poo platter handling the ball.

Ya, need that PG. Can't be the JJ/Westry/Cuffe/Choppa poo poo platter handling the ball.
It’s what’s going to make this team a contender or back to the bubble.

PG
JJ/Westry
Bell/Westry
Freeman
Lampkin/Mcleod/Patterson

Freeman certainly in another stratosphere from Taylor. I haven't seen this Lampkin stuff but yeah Brown and Lampkin are probably in similar territory

PG
JJ/Westry
Bell/Westry
Freeman
Lampkin/Mcleod/Patterson

3 guys who are bad defensively and another unproven at that end. Extremely skeptical this would work.

JT told GMac about Brown, a friend of JT’s since middle school. GMac recruited both JT and Brown. JT leaves, GMac leaves - now Brown is leaving. Uncertainty about his role. Relationships matter. Sad to hear he’s leaving.
EDITED:

My son’s friend saw Maliq at Funk n Waffles over the weekend and asked him if he was coming back. His response: “S-expletive, I THINK so.” My son told me this last night before any of this happened. When I heard the response I was a bit vexed based on what I heard here. Something is up, and I think it’s more about playing time than a bag of $$$. News coming?

Last edited:

Glass half full...

If he truly is uncoachable, you're overrating him.

getting someone with better highlihgt tape will probably be impossible

getting someone who doesnt turn it over 6 times in important games will be easy (and welcome)

Enough with the word salads. Players should tell us why they are leaving. :mad:
Just like they should give us poor fans all the details about their injuries and ailments. It's un-American to withhold this information!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom