Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

this could have come from within, right?

brown is a great guy and player

but not sure he truly fits with red's vision

he's not really a center and there's a 5 star all american PF coming in...

we need a SCORER in the post and brown is not that

could be a tough decision made from the coaches
I dont see that. He was our best player all around and easily could score way more. Amazing passer and tough defender. If he doesnt start then we are gonna play in final four.

The transfer portal continues to be a net-negative for Cuse. We can't hold onto our good players for more than 1-2 years. Extremely disappointing.

Well that may be because we haven't seen who Red is going to bring in to replace them yet. We're not going to go with 8 guys next year.

He is a monster in efficiency. He can run 4 on 3 with the ball after high pick and roll. He is also great in the dunker spot. His three point shot is getting better. He was one of the best passers on our team, best screener and will be great on defense again next year when he's not guarding out of position for 35mpg.

Make no mistake, this is a brutal loss. Nate Oats just gave a whole presser on efficient play and our efficient player is walking out the door.
Apperantly we sre the only ones that see this. Damn shame he is leaving.

So this guy would be a grad transfer with 1 year of eligibility left, correct?

Interesting comments from Lampkin about personal reasons on transferring and that he could not return to Boulder for some reason...

Here's the actual link... not sure why the twitter post is not embedding... I don't think twitter status updates embed for some reason:

screencap:
lamp.png

Last edited:
Is this the staff picking Donnie over Maliq? Logical train of thought if Lampkin commits to us the same day.

I am not sure, I dont think so but the timing seems to line up.

Interesting comments about personal decision on transferring...

Here's the actual link... not sure why the twitter post is not embedding... I don't think twitter status updates embed for some reason:

You have to use the media tool under the 3 dot options tab then replace "X" in the URL with "Twitter"

Interesting comments about personal decision on transferring...

screencap:
lamp.png
That is two schools in a row that he isn't leaving on his own volition.

Just like they should give us poor fans all the details about their injuries and ailments. It's un-American to withhold this information!

Totally different situation. I'm talking about the fans knowing if there's something wrong with the program. Are we dealing with bad coaching decisions, a lack of NIL, personality conflicts? Is there anything that needs fixing? Don't tell me about God's plan for you, etc.

Lampkin was a huge fan favorite here in CO. We'll see what type of tradeoff it is. Seems Brown got wind of a center coming and the writing on the wall at the 4, so he made his decision. I mean what else explains the sudden change of heart?

Freeman certainly in another stratosphere from Taylor. I haven't seen this Lampkin stuff but yeah Brown and Lampkin are probably in similar territory
There’s some good video of Lampkin. He talks about bringing physicality and leadership to his team. He says he’s the best offensive rebounder in the country. Three things we lacked this year; physicality, leadership and offensive rebounds. I’ll take all of that.

Interesting comments from Lampkin about personal reasons on transferring and that he could not return to Boulder for some reason...

screencap:
lamp.png
Thought I read he could appeal and maybe have 2 years left.Maybe a different guy but I thought it was him

Tried to tell people midseason that Taylor leaving is a big one to watch in relation to Maliq.
Our coaches worked hard to develop Taylor. I don’t know what that has to do with Maliq.

You know what in the long run you want players that want to be here and we have th best fans in the country…if a player wants greener pastures somewhere else then good luck to them but other than Girard those that have transferred have had not so great luck. I’m not saying Brown won’t have success but it is what it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom