Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

What kind of message does that send to the next McD’s all American or to the portal? Autry guaranteeing starting positions on April 1 for next years. Terrible game go play.
he’s guaranteeing a starting position to a proven junior, the only proven player left on the team.You don’t care what the NEXT 5 star thinks because you’re too busy trying to win now. To recruit those guys you need to actually win some game of consequence.

I’m looking at it this way, at least in the front court. We’re essentially trading Maliq and Taylor’s production with Freeman’s and Lampkin which is an upgrade. Maliq and Lampkin may be an overall loss but he’s a legit center but Freeman can be a step above awful and be better than Taylor.

PG
JJ/Westry
Bell/Westry
Freeman
Lampkin/Mcleod/Patterson

Give me a solid backup 4/5 guy, a pass first guard and an upgrade at SG (know it won’t happen) and I think we could easily be a tournament team.

Red really needs to be ready to yank Bell and Starling for defense and Westry needs to be ready.
I think NCSt demonstrated that a team of mercenary transfers can take an entire season to develop (if at all). And it shouldn’t be lost on anyone that NCSt very nearly had no chance at the tournament. Almost no team is going to replicate that kind of run.

Totally different situation. I'm talking about the fans knowing if there's something wrong with the program. Are we dealing with bad coaching decisions, a lack of NIL, personality conflicts? Is there anything that needs fixing? Don't tell me about God's plan for you, etc.
So you'd be able to divine all of that if only these players gave us more of an explanation of their decisions? And you believe they'd all give an honest explanation?

Right now we all love Fran Brown pulling a 180 with our football program in just 4 months using the portal.

Then in the next breath ppl crying when we lose 1-2 players in the hoops portal cuz it's not fair like college hoops is ruined.

If I’m Autry and I lose Brown because he’s worried about his minutes over Freeman and Lampkin then I’m not losing sleep. Yea we all want him back but doesn’t that speak to how much talent we have coming in if an All ACC defender is worried he might not be good enough over these new guys.

he’s guaranteeing a starting position to a proven junior, the only proven player left on the team.You don’t care what the NEXT 5 star thinks because you’re too busy trying to win now. To recruit those guys you need to actually win some game of consequence.
Yea we need do win and we started to this year. Let’s state the facts though. Brown, Judah, Q, Taylor have not seen a single a post season tourney game or won even an ACCT game. I want Brown back as much as anyone but let’s see what the pieces look like replacing him

A
is our fanbase going to transition to being more interested in football? Honest question! Like yes we have a couple very good recruits coming in for basketball next year, but like we aren’t making splashes in the portal that will grab the interest of the casual fan or hell even me the rabid fan (until proven otherwise). Our portal transfers to date have all been backups or bench players. Give me the proven players from G5 programs all day. Give me the Dalton Knecht players from northern colorado, or dj burns from Winthrop. Sick of us grabbing the big programs crumbs.

Also, thank god we got Fran brown. Imagine if we had this BS going down in bball and another boring recruiting year with football. That would be rough.
Any fans looking for another sport to be interested in --> lacrosse

Right now we all love Fran Brown pulling a 180 with our football program in just 4 months using the portal.

Then in the next breath ppl crying when we lose 1-2 players in the hoops portal cuz it's not fair like college hoops is ruined.

If I’m Autry and I lose Brown because he’s worried about his minutes over Freeman and Lampkin then I’m not losing sleep. Yea we all want him back but doesn’t that speak to how much talent we have coming in if an All ACC defender is worried he might not be good enough over these new guys.
Awful take

The rationalization is getting deep.

What kind of message does that send to the next McD’s all American or to the portal? Autry guaranteeing starting positions on April 1 for next years. Terrible game go play.
How do any of us know that this is true? At times, the conjectures on the forum are pretty presumptuous. I don’t believe Red or any coach would do this. If you’re good enough you don’t need guarantees.

Lampkin was a huge fan favorite here in CO. We'll see what type of tradeoff it is. Seems Brown got wind of a center coming and the writing on the wall at the 4, so he made his decision. I mean what else explains the sudden change of heart?
If Lampkin is coming, and it was known this weekend, then what Maliq said to my son’s friend makes sense.

That is two schools in a row that he isn't leaving on his own volition.
Not what it says. Could be family issues that makes him think he has to be somewhere else.

Hey now. I expect a new thread to be created.

CuseFaninVT. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career​

I asked about NIL to try and keep you.

After seeing you withy Barkley (spell much? Apparently not.) there was no interest.

Very disappointing.

Yeah, people are out to lunch just saying Maliq was only a "good" player or overvalued. Not at all.

AND bringing in another player that could be better (hopefully he is!) doesn't change that.

Yeah...and freshmen are so rarely better than accomplished juniors. Especially defensively.

You know what in the long run you want players that want to be here and we have th best fans in the country…if a player wants greener pastures somewhere else then good luck to them but other than Girard those that have transferred have had not so great luck. I’m not saying Brown won’t have success but it is what it is
Paging Kadary Richmond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom