Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

I really hope not. Can't shoot a lick.
No, he can't. But he does other things that really help a team. Like the kid from albany that went to UConn. I wouldn'[t be surprised if he was Orange soon.

And that's just ONE example.
It is the head coaches job to make decision, not all pan out. As I recall the board was going nuts wanting Quade. Remember Shai developed really well but Quade had better credentials out of high school. Wasn't Shai cut from the team at one point in high school. Kind of like the Jordan story but obviously not the meteoric improvement Jordan had.

We had ShaiG Alexander’s commitment. JB said no. Wanted Quade…..One of the reasons was that JB believed Shai would scare off Quade.

Both ended up in Kentucky.
The guy who turned Syracuse Basketball into a household name was in his last 10 years or so sinking the ship into Mohawk River. Also favorited his sons and didn’t really recruit much competition for them. That’s what I believe and Im sticking with it.

Has a negative DBPM for his career. He'll fit right in.

Physical player, good passer and would be a depth piece which actually I take no issue with. When it comes to depth guys I look at it a bit differently than a 25-30 mpg guy especially if they are bought in.

Physical player and would be a depth piece which actually I take no issue with. When it comes to depth guys I look at it a bit differently than a 25-30 mpg guy especially if they are bought in.
I get it...I just prefer depth guys who defend.

No, he can't. But he does other things that really help a team. Like the kid from albany that went to UConn. I wouldn'[t be surprised if he was Orange soon.
Jackson was a better player. He could have done a great job setting up Buddy and Joe while playing SF and playing elite defense.

Gayle makes Girard look like Chris Paul at the point. Yikes.

Jackson was a better player. He could have done a great job setting up Buddy and Joe while playing SF while playing elite defense.

Gayle makes Girard look like Chris Paul at the point. Yikes.

Think we are talking about the Delaware kid…

In grabbing Lampkin and (maybe) Davis the coaching staff clearly is looking for grown men and toughness. We saw how Kentucky, who had elite 18 years olds got bullied by Oakland and there 22-24 year olds in the tournament. Red doesn't want that to happen here. JB went all archaic bringing in too many freshmen and now Red has to fix it.

I get it...I just prefer depth guys who defend.

To be fair he was their 5… which likely put him trying to defend bigger guys nearly every game. Won’t be defending 5s much here

Yikes.No comment.

As a depth piece behind Freeman and Bell I mean not sure you are attracting a whole lot better to come play off the bench.. especially if Westry is healthy and plays a forward spot too.

Davis is a strong kid, good on the boards and a good passer. Not a kid to be putting up 8 or 9 jump shots a game but doing a lot of other things makes for a nice bench piece.

On Davis, we forget the difficulty in selling a portal kid on a backup role; this team cannot (and won't) go into the season without depth at the four, we saw how that worked out with Taylor.

Davis might not set the world on fire, but it's clear Red's plan is to never get bullied down low again. That's progress.

On Davis, we forget the difficulty in selling a portal kid on a backup role; this team cannot (and won't) go into the season without depth at the four, we saw how that worked out with Taylor.

Davis might not set the world on fire, but it's clear Red's plan is to never get bullied down low again. That's progress.

You have shooters and drivers and a true big man- you want guys who share the rock and get their hands dirty mixing it up. Fitting puzzle pieces together…

As a depth piece behind Freeman and Bell I mean not sure you are attracting a whole lot better to come play off the bench.. especially if Westry is healthy and plays a forward spot too.

Davis is a strong kid, good on the boards and a good passer. Not a kid to be putting up 8 or 9 jump shots a game but doing a lot of other things makes for a nice bench piece.
This is fine, but personally don't get why he would come here if he could start somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom