Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

Both. Along with another
Any chance for that BJ Freeman kid, the big guard from Milwaukee? Or Darlinston Dubar from Hofstra? Both are good shooters. Freeman could play PG. I guess Dubar could be a forward possibility if Davis doesn’t happen.

So in order for Red not to be considered a bad coach or a bad recruiter, his job was to improve the talent on the roster, but not to recruit anyone better than the guy that was the backup power forward to begin the year? It's not like Maliq ever even became the starting power forward here. No one, not even Maliq's biggest supporters wanted him to play center again. But that doesn't mean he was entitled to, or even earned, the starting power forward position. He didn't play there much at all this season to be truthful. Regardless of who Red had on his roster he should have been recruiting the best players he could find at every position on the team. And to say Red wasn't paying enough attention to recruiting guards in the portal based on him getting a Center commitment first is as moronic as it sounds.
I would never say that Maliq was afraid of competition. But it is not disputable at this time that Maliq did not want to be part of a team with a real center plus Donovan Freeman. That's on Maliq, not Red. Even if Maliq stayed we would still need another forward. You can't go through a season with only 3 forwards especially when you lose 2 swingmen that played a lot of forward minutes last year. So I don't think Red isn't done. LGO!
We do have westry who can bounce between 2 and 3.

Any chance for that BJ Freeman kid, the big guard from Milwaukee? Or Darlinston Dubar from Hofstra? Both are good shooters. Freeman could play PG. I guess Dubar could be a forward possibility if Davis doesn’t happen.
I'd take Freeman

https://twitter.com//status/1779968770301374888?t=GUDk79TYxkFroTc0_jjtFQ&s=19

Ironically he would be going there to play the same role he would have had here the coming season. Back up all three front court positions and be the ultimate glue guy.
Makes you wonder.

So, if $$$ was not an issue, he’s saying it’s better to come off the bench at Duke than at SU?

Maybe he just wanted a change of scenery when it was clear that his role was going to be the 6th man? Who knows? He’ll play less at Duke than he would have here. I’d bet on it.

Makes you wonder.

So, if $$$ was not an issue, he’s saying it’s better to come off the bench at Duke than at SU?

Maybe he just wanted a change of scenery when it was clear that his role was going to be the 6th man? Who knows? He’ll play less at Duke than he would have here. I’d bet on it.

He hasn’t decided yet. My point was a high-end program is targeting him to play the role that our staff wanted him to play here. Perhaps he’ll go elsewhere to be a starter. I don’t think anyone would argue against Duke having more money to toss around than we do.

Duke will not offer him more playing time, but he will be a perfect role player for the talent on that team. You don’t need to run any plays for him. He will just feed off everyone else. With a group of Five stars he isn’t afraid to guard. He’s a little like Michell, but he wanted to play a bigger role without the necessary shooting skills. With Maliq you don’t have to worry about it.

Duke will not offer him more playing time, but he will be a perfect role player for the talent on that team. You don’t need to run any plays for him. He will just feed off everyone else. With a group of Five stars he isn’t afraid to guard. He’s a little like Michell, but he wanted to play a bigger role without the necessary shooting skills. With Maliq you don’t have to worry about it.
Plus, the brotherhood.

This would baffle me. He would get equal to less playing time, probably less with that crazy class Duke has coming in. 8th man off the bench at Duke? I thought he wanted to start?

Maybe Duke is offering to play him some at SF?
Maybe sitting behind Flagg was better to him than sitting behind Freeman?
Maybe they just gave him a boatload more $$?
The portal is NUTS. It was bad enough when he left, would be even worse to play against him next year in a Duke uniform. Bummer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom