March 2 Lunardi | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

March 2 Lunardi

The only resume' I care about is my own and I don't need it anymore.
Win the next game.

jncuse - 0-2 where do you see us?
No, it was an honest question. I meant in regards to who could potentially jump us. I wanted jncuse's opinion whether he thought 0-2 would take us out completely, or who would project as jumping our seed...

It isn't paranoid... If it is real...we have been first team not invited too many times

That's true, but that's because we almost never really suck. But the only year we truly had a strong argument for making it is 2007. I'm with pearl. Looking at the bubble teams, I think we're in good shape if we win at Florida State or one game in the conference tournament unless there are a lot of conference tournament upsets.

After thinking about it last night, I think a win at FSU and a loss vs VT and we'll be out. JMO.

After thinking about it last night, I think a win at FSU and a loss vs VT and we'll be out. JMO.
So then you're expecting 4+ otherwise "out" teams to be conference tournament champs in multi-bid leagues?

5-wins... everyone on this board dies of alcohol poisoning in celebration.
been there, done that...after 4 wins in 06.

although you can call me Lazarus thanks to the NCAA who tells everyone that, that...didn't happen.

If we do end up as a 9 seed, and win the first game, and the 1 seeds stay as what is shown, then it is better for us to play Kansas rather than Villanova. They won't put us in with either Virginia or NC for a possible second round game since we are in the same conference. Villanova obviously knows sour system which is why I think Kansas is best. Of course, this is all based on the facts we do in fact get in and do get a 9 seed and we do beat the 8 seed in the first round game. Hey, as I've said before, I just want us to get in regardless of what our seed is since we have to beat them all anyway.

DonLightfoot said:
If we do end up as a 9 seed, and win the first game, and the 1 seeds stay as what is shown, then it is better for us to play Kansas rather than Villanova. They won't put us in with either Virginia or NC for a possible second round game since we are in the same conference. Villanova obviously knows sour system which is why I think Kansas is best. Of course, this is all based on the facts we do in fact get in and do get a 9 seed and we do beat the 8 seed in the first round game. Hey, as I've said before, I just want us to get in regardless of what our seed is since we have to beat them all anyway.

Kansas is much better than nova. Nova is our dream 2nd round matchup. Kansas and sparty are the 2 teams i dont wanna see as our potential 2nd round matchup. I think we can beat nova and oklahoma

5-wins... everyone on this board dies of alcohol poisoning in celebration.
Thanks, I'd love a glass of rum right now!
116839.jpg

jncuse - 0-2 where do you see us?

I'm not saying we are 0% in that scenario, because it is possible that everyone is crumbling around us, there may be no bubble busters, and the bubble pushing up is weak. Also add in the fact that the bubble is A-10 and AAC centric, and the committee is not always kind to those level of leagues. People are going to say no way -- but I am going to predict 10-20% right now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom