Mark Gottfried to UCLA? | Syracusefan.com

Mark Gottfried to UCLA?

Another huge mistake by UCLA if they do it. If the NC St. job opens you have to wonder if Shaka would find that attractive. Not that far geographically from Richmond.

Shaka and Brad said no thank you? wow... clearly waiting for boeheim to retire.

Is it just me or UCLA isn't the same elite program anymore, 10 years ago coaches like Shaka and Stevens wouldn't be able to get to westwood fast enough they would die for the UCLA job

Is it just me or UCLA isn't the same elite program anymore, 10 years ago coaches like Shaka and Stevens wouldn't be able to get to westwood fast enough they would die for the UCLA job

Its not you. I agree with you. Dare I say the USC job may have as much interest as the UCLA opening. Who would have thought?

Dickey V was on Mike and Mike this morning and weighed in that the UCLA job is over rated. His contention is that having 2 pro teams in town and so many other interesting things to do coupled with the expectations of winning it all/ final 4 isn't good enough/ certainly has at least a kernel of truth in it. My bet is that they are going to have a hard time getting a top notch coach who will be able to attain the level of success that the UCLA fanbase demands. I agree with Dickey V on this one.

Is it just me or UCLA isn't the same elite program anymore
Dykes just indicated that Syracuse, Louisville (and some others) had passed UCLA as more attractive destinations. He suggested one of the van Gundys and the current Wichita St. coach as possibilities.

Another huge mistake by UCLA if they do it. If the NC St. job opens you have to wonder if Shaka would find that attractive. Not that far geographically from Richmond.
Shaka may have turned down NCSt two years ago.

Dickey V was on Mike and Mike this morning and weighed in that the UCLA job is over rated. His contention is that having 2 pro teams in town and so many other interesting things to do coupled with the expectations of winning it all/ final 4 isn't good enough/ certainly has at least a kernel of truth in it. My bet is that they are going to have a hard time getting a top notch coach who will be able to attain the level of success that the UCLA fanbase demands. I agree with Dickey V on this one.
The difference between how the local fan base/alums/boosters perceive their program, and reality.

The same thing may be happening at Minnesota right now.

I hope we don't fall into the same category when our time comes.

Shouldn't Tubby Smith be in the convo for one of these positions? I think he would be a great fit at USC.

Sent using my Commodore 64

UCLA AD Dan Guerrero has said he wants to hire “someone who plays a fun brand of basketball.
Like NCS playing one on one?

UCLA expects a FF every other year. Gottfried would keep the recruiting at a high level if he went, but he's not much of a coach.

The Pac-12 is pretty weak though (although I think Arizona is coming back), so as long as you get the players you'll have a good chance to win the conference title every year.

Eh, a coach who in retrospect was close to being lame duck in Howland (don't think this year is what got him fired that team was pretty young and made th tournament easily) managed to bring in one of the best recruiting classes in the country and had the best freshman in Mohammed. You think that happens at many schools not named UCLA?

Its a great job. Just in the Pac 12 noone good hangs around if the NBA is a possibility it seems like every decent player will bolt at the chance to go second round. But that means any coach who gets somethign good going will never have that hard of a league to compete against because any powerhouse team will have early defectors to the draft.

UCLA AD Dan Guerrero has said he wants to hire “someone who plays a fun brand of basketball.
Like NCS playing one on one?
Coach Andy?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors