Marquette vs Miami | Syracusefan.com

Marquette vs Miami

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Whose everyone pulling for in this one?

I think Miami is the better team, but Marquette's physical play will be a tough match-up for either SU or Indiana (hopefully SU :)).

Me, I'm rooting for Miami because i cannot stand Buzz William's sideline antics.

I think Miami is the better team, but Marquette's physical play will be a tough match-up for either SU or Indiana (hopefully SU :)).

Me, I'm rooting for Miami because i cannot stand Buzz William's sideline antics.

Miami, for 3 reasons.

1 - I have them in my bracket going all the way
2 - I, too, hate Buzz's sideline antics
3 - I hate "Man t*ts" Gardner

Miami is a tougher matchup for our zone because they shoot the 3 well and I think Larkin would be able to create a little more for his team. Thus, I would like a 2nd chance at Buzz just because we were the better team last game except they beat us badly for a 4 minute stretch from 12 minute to 8 minute mark in the 2nd half and we were able to hang on. Marquette won't get the home cooking calls from the refs and the NCAA refs would call 3 seconds on Gardner or atleast a couple over the backs. Bring on Marquette if I have a choice, but if we won I honestly won't care either way as long as SU plays on Saturday.

Funny, thing is I read that Larkin transferred to Miami from DePaul What? How didn't DePaul play this kid and did he ever play against SU 2 yrs ago?

i want marquette. we were in control of that 1st game for 30 minutes till they started hitting everything and we panicked. that wont happen again.

i want marquette. we were in control of that 1st game for 30 minutes till they started hitting everything and we panicked. that wont happen again.

No chance. I said the same thing in 2010 and that was as much fun as eating a stuff sandwich

Agreed and I don't even think as much of Miami as most people.
7pt lead in their building with 5min's or whatever left...that's our elite 8 game? Sign me up.
I don't care about 2011. People bring that up as if we've never lost to an inferior non-conf. team in the tourney before. What about Providence in '87?

Miami. Let's get that rivalry started ahead of schedule.

Marquette. We are better than Marquette (regardless that we lost) but I am not sure we are better than Miami.

Marquette...want no parts of kadji Larkin and Scott. Larkin and Scott would drive mcw and Triche big time. We beat marquette

You've gotta pull for Miami. I'm sick of playing Marquette. I don't want another grind it out ugly ass game with them. Now, we may get a grind-it-out game with Miami, too, if we get by Indiana, but I'd always rather play a team that is not experienced with the zone at this time of year. No question about it.

No chance. I said the same thing in 2010 and that was as much fun as eating a stuff sandwich
I guess you should stick to your PBRs and shy away from solid food if that's the case...

Indiana

I knew someone would say this. But the game is on before ours, and most of us wil be watching, so I was just curious who others wanted to win.

They are fitting BMK with an 80 lb weight belt he can wear under his uniform so that Gardner won't be able to just push him all over the place.

Miami - teams that don't have experience playing the SU zone have a lot more trouble with it - Marquette is plenty familiar....

I just want to play one of them on Saturday. I'll worry about that game then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom