Marrone | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone

I don't live there, so you can confirm, but I think it's worse to lose the guy on the radio from 1 to 6 than anything else. Seems like a good amount of the city is listening, whether you like him or not.
you are right, its far worse.

he transcends his show. his opinion and take is brought up in the pubs if you didnt hear and its often reported by the papers.

plus, his ratings will only get bigger as the end nears, i believe hes stated that this is his last contract.

kaye is being doubled, but he likely just wants to make it till da Pope gone in 3 or 4 years and the playing field levels a bit.

Evan & Joe are killing it middays though.

and they are the go-to fill in for both the morning and afternoon drive.

This is rich.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/1641/casullo-returns-to-roots-as-orange-s-second-banana

"Nobody knows Syracuse and Doug Marrone quite like Casullo."

I guess not based on the quotes in this story.
guess they shouldve just stayed co-workers than boss-employee.

better to stay friends than get married...

rmVI3ok.jpg

GoSU96 said:
Isn't that what I wrote? Why does it imply anything.

So someone who says he should be referred to as a saint because of the miracles he performed as a head coach is NOT seeking praise?

Yeahhhhh.

Scooch said:
So someone who says he should be referred to as a saint because of the miracles he performed as a head coach is NOT seeking praise? Yeahhhhh.
If you have to say it was a joke , it probably wasn't

It was a joke about once you perform a couple of miracles you are eligible for Sainthood, not how he sees himself personally.

I never want to see this thread die for whatever reason, but unless Saint Doug Marrone saved a cat from a tree or something, why are you so over-the-top, on defending his personal honor?

Marrone could be a good coach who did miraculous things in your opinion...but much the same way Greg Robinson was the worst coach ever but seemingly a good man, why not the reverse for Marrone?

This thread is so epic, it needs to renamed the 'Marrone All-Inclusive Dumpster Fire Thread'.

Seriously, we are talking about a solid-to-good OL-man from the 80s, who was a fringe pro at best, who rose in the pro coaching ranks to OC...yet inexplicably couldn't call the plays, who came back to his alma mater 'dream job' managing just a couple of crappy bowl wins v crappier teams...only to Irish Exit his school and 'dream job' to lead one of the NFLs crappiest mediocre teams to upper mediocrity...only to Irish Exit them too, proving he has the greatest agent this side of Jerry Maguire, while walking into at least 3(4?) job interviews with better teams...and at the same time being exposed as one the biggest d1ckheads on the planet, who should be only be in charge of my sock drawer because 1) it needs it and 2) I think he's best served there.

And we are about to hit 30 pages...

Everybody, take a deep breath and pat yourselves on the back for a minute.

Nice job.

We are going to have to have an Awards Dinner this July so a few people here who need to be recognized...will.

I'll organize it, but I sure as hell won't be there...as for at least that day, I will know where all you whack jobs are and I can go all Homeland season 2 last episode on your arses and make the world a better place.

That is all.

As you were...

I never want to see this thread die for whatever reason, but unless Saint Doug Marrone saved a cat from a tree or something, why are you so over-the-top, on defending his personal honor?

Marrone could be a good coach who did miraculous things in your opinion...but much the same way Greg Robinson was the worst coach ever but seemingly a good man, why not the reverse for Marrone?

Find a post where I'm claiming he's Father Flanagan.

In light of Kaiser's post I wanted to say I hoped, when I saw him leaving Buffalo, that HCDM would come back to the 'cuse. Also, I just really wanted to be part of this thread but had nothing else to add.

This thread is so epic, it needs to renamed the 'Marrone All-Inclusive Dumpster Fire Thread'.

Seriously, we are talking about a solid-to-good OL-man from the 80s, who was a fringe pro at best, who rose in the pro coaching ranks to OC...yet inexplicably couldn't call the plays, who came back to his alma mater 'dream job' managing just a couple of crappy bowl wins v crappier teams...only to Irish Exit his school and 'dream job' to lead one of the NFLs crappiest mediocre teams to upper mediocrity...only to Irish Exit them too, proving he has the greatest agent this side of Jerry Maguire, while walking into at least 3(4?) job interviews with better teams...and at the same time being exposed as one the biggest d1ckheads on the planet, who should be only be in charge of my sock drawer because 1) it needs it and 2) I think he's best served there.

Nice job.

We are going to have to have an Awards Dinner this July so a few people here who need to be recognized...will.

I'll organize it, but I sure as hell won't be there...as for at least that day, I will know where all you whack jobs are and I can go all Homeland season 2 last episode on your arses and make the world a better place.

That is all.

As you were...

Had an affinity for your word useage since 1988

What's awesome is that if someone can't produce a post where you actually did literally claim Marrone is Father Flanagan, you'll be convinced they're wrong.

"In an interesting development Tuesday, it was reported by the Buffalo News that general manager Doug Whaley - who is leading the coach search - has been telling the prospective coaches that he wants them to move forward with EJ Manuel as the quarterback. Whaley apparently is convinced that the 2013 first-round draft pick can be resurrected, and that a new coaching staff may be able to get more out of him than Doug Marrone and his staff."

Sigh...yep. That's exactly what I was intimating.

I'll just reply the way you might:

"Where did I claim you said he was Father Flanagan? Did I imply or infer that anywhere? No. No I didn't. But then again, I'm not the meathead marketing clown whose contributions to the board equal what Chad Elliott brought to the football program.

"Marrone is the king and could do no wrong. P should be on the Syracuse Mt Rushmore, Gerg couldn't tie his shoes and Cool Kid will think Syracuse is a the metropolitan epicenter of Earth compared to leaving in Wolfpack country."

How did I do?

Last edited:

That is all.

As you were...

BREAKING NEWS: Jim and Juli Boeheim are announcing that this "Marrone" thread will be the honoree at April's Basket Ball event.

Keep it here.

Nice job.

That is all.

As you were...
early candidate for post of the year here my man. So sweet off the tongue...

Toga said:
"In an interesting development Tuesday, it was reported by the Buffalo News that general manager Doug Whaley - who is leading the coach search - has been telling the prospective coaches that he wants them to move forward with EJ Manuel as the quarterback. Whaley apparently is convinced that the 2013 first-round draft pick can be resurrected, and that a new coaching staff may be able to get more out of him than Doug Marrone and his staff."
Buffalo radio guys made a good point about this. Right now he is their qb. You might not get anyone else. What Whaley supposedly said was carefully worded. Manuel is their qb until he isn't

BREAKING NEWS: Jim and Juli Boeheim are announcing that this "Marrone" thread will be the honoree at April's Basket Ball event.

Keep it here.
Just an unprecedented set of posts. Well done.

Sigh...yep. That's exactly what I was intimating.

I'll just reply the way you might:

"Where did I claim you said he was Father Flanagan? Did I imply or infer that anywhere? No. No I didn't. But then again, I'm not the meathead marketing clown whose contributions to the board equal what Chad Elliott brought to the football program.

"Marrone is the king and could do no wrong. P should be on the Syracuse Mt Rushmore, Gerg couldn't tie his shoes and Cool Kid will think Syracuse is a the metropolitan epicenter of Earth compared to leaving in Wolfpack country."

How did I do?

Poorly.

Millhouse said:
Buffalo radio guys made a good point about this. Right now he is their qb. You might not get anyone else. What Whaley supposedly said was carefully worded. Manuel is their qb until he isn't
If the Bills did not promise to bring in another QB to at least compete with Manuel, I would not take the job.

Any coaching candidate that claims he can succeed with Manuel is lying or delusional.

Oh come people, we only need 5 more posts of "how I hate Marrone" or "how Marrone is a dumb football coach" or "Marrone is self centered b@st@rd" or "Marrone is just a .500!coach" or "Marrone did nothing while at SU or Bills" or "Marrone has no friends"...to break 1,000! Come on guys what else...we only need 5 more. You can do it!

Anyway, my inside sources :crazy: tell me that we break 1,000 today!

Of course he's not Father Flanagan! That would be a huge demotion from Saint. Even with $4M in the bank, I wouldn't do it!

Oh come people, we only need 5 more posts of "how I hate Marrone" or "how Marrone is a dumb football coach" or "Marrone is self centered b@st@rd" or "Marrone is just a .500!coach" or "Marrone did nothing while at SU or Bills" or "Marrone has no friends"...to break 1,000! Come on guys what else...we only need 5 more. You can do it!

Anyway, my inside sources :crazy: tell me that we break 1,000 today!

Doug rhymes with slug - sorry best I could come up with under so much pressure.

I all fairness though he does come across as a bit of a used car salesman. He spends a few years at a job and attempts to spin incremental improvements as monumental accomplishments. Oh, and he seems to rub a lot of folks the wrong way in the process.

I stand by my original statement - doug still rhymes with slug.

Nice job.

That is all.

As you were...
Wait - how do you really feel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors