Massive Clips/Celts deal nearly complete | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Massive Clips/Celts deal nearly complete

Why on earth would the Clippers even think of trading Blake Griffin, their best media draw and human highlight star in decades? Other than the Clippers' cheerleaders, Griffin is the only reason to watch that team (okay, okay, CP is a great PG, too, but is he OK with trading the other end of his passes?!?). Then I remembered the Clips' long record of aversion to success and it all began to make sense.-VBOF
Dwight Howard is a better player. Blake Griffin is a terrible defender, can't shoot FTs, doesn't have a good post game or jumper. He is more interested in getting dunks on Youtube than defending. I don't think Griffin is as good as Howard. Howard's problem is laziness Griffin's problems are he hasn't improved.

I think you make the move for Howard. It was sleazy how he handled the situation in Orlando, but he's still a first class center. The Lakers rushed him back from injury when he clearly wasn't ready because they thought it would be beneficial to have him in camp. But I think if he's healthy, a line up featuring Howard, Garnett, Pierce and Paul can compete for a championship even if Garnett and Pierce are past their primes.

Dwight Howard is a better player. Blake Griffin is a terrible defender, can't shoot FTs, doesn't have a good post game or jumper. He is more interested in getting dunks on Youtube than defending. I don't think Griffin is as good as Howard. Howard's problem is laziness Griffin's problems are he hasn't improved.

So you're choosing cancer over auto immune deficiency (no defenses)?;)-VBOF

So you're choosing cancer over auto immune deficiency (no defenses)?;)-VBOF
Dwight isn't a cancer he is immature. Doc Rivers could contain him easily with KG, Pierce, Paul leading that lockerroom. Divas only occur in locker rooms where there is no leadership. Dwight was the leader in Orlando and nobody could stand up to him and Kobe Bryant isn't that good a leader he needed Phil Jackson to control that locker room. All Kobe cares about is winning which is not wrong, but Howard was called out by Kobe and Howard wasn't used to that. KG, Paul would bitch Howard in private and in public would defend him. Howard is a better player than Griffin.

I wqould be more concerned about Dwight's back than his attitude

I wqould be more concerned about Dwight's back than his attitude
I think the back will be fine, I just don't think the Lakers will trade Howard cross-town to the Clipper. Bledsoe, Griffin is a better package than Omar Asik and Jeremy Lin, but the Lakers won't want the Clippers to have Paul, Howard, Pierce, Garnett stealing the show and getting the glitz and glamor of Hollywood. Also, I think Griffin is a flawed big guy unless he works on his shooting/post moves. The Lakers have problems Kobe will be out till December atleast, Gasol is in his last year, and the rest of the team sucks outside of Howard. Howard/Gasol can't play together in D'Antoni's run and gun system.

Ramona Shelbourne reports that the Clips have walked away from the deal . . . they were adamant on giving up only Jordan and one first rounder.

Ramona Shelbourne reports that the Clips have walked away from the deal . . . they were adamant on giving up only Jordan and one first rounder.
The Clippers are stupid for not going Jordan, Butler 2 1st rounders in the 20's for KG, Terry. Paul may not resign with them if the coach isn't who he wants. I wouldn't hire Hollins from Memphis I would think its Shaw.

Saw a lot of improvement in Blake's offensive game this year compared to last year's. Not sure how you can say he's a horrible FT shooter (66% this year), compared to drama queen Howard's percentage (49% this year).

I think the back will be fine, I just don't think the Lakers will trade Howard cross-town to the Clipper. Bledsoe, Griffin is a better package than Omar Asik and Jeremy Lin, but the Lakers won't want the Clippers to have Paul, Howard, Pierce, Garnett stealing the show and getting the glitz and glamor of Hollywood. Also, I think Griffin is a flawed big guy unless he works on his shooting/post moves. The Lakers have problems Kobe will be out till December atleast, Gasol is in his last year, and the rest of the team sucks outside of Howard. Howard/Gasol can't play together in D'Antoni's run and gun system.

Bledsoe, Kobe, Clark, Griffin, Gasol would be an outstanding team with plenty of star power though.

I think it's more about wanting the cap flexibility to sign somebody major in 2014, rather than worrying about the Clips. They want Howard now, or someone equally good or better in 2014.

Sounds like the deal is back on again according to some reports. I just hope if it happens that the Clips don't deal Blake and Bledsoe for Dwight. I think can win with what they have by adding Garnett. I still wouldn't take Pierce though.

Sounds like the deal is back on again according to some reports. I just hope if it happens that the Clips don't deal Blake and Bledsoe for Dwight. I think can win with what they have by adding Garnett. I still wouldn't take Pierce though.
chatter on the radio out here is that they are interested in Aaron Afflalo and will offer Bledsoe for him. They feel they're next most pressing need is for a perimeter defender.

the West is loaded . . . Clearly, the Spurs' window is far from closed; OKC will be back with a healthy Westbrook; Memphis is still strong; Golden State and Denver are young and rising; and if Howard goes to Houston, they will be a tough out, too.

Clips adding Rivers and Garnett alone is like treading water in a shark pool. They need at least one more move.

chatter on the radio out here is that they are interested in Aaron Afflalo and will offer Bledsoe for him. They feel they're next most pressing need is for a perimeter defender.
Hmm. Reading the tea leaves, that means Noel goes 1 and McLemore goes 2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

the West is loaded . . . Clearly, the Spurs' window is far from closed; OKC will be back with a healthy Westbrook; Memphis is still strong; Golden State and Denver are young and rising; and if Howard goes to Houston, they will be a tough out, too.

Clips adding Rivers and Garnett alone is like treading water in a shark pool. They need at least one more move.

Agree with most of this, but Gallo has a torn ACL, and Iggy opted out. So I'm betting on a step back from Denver. The Warriors are going to have trouble keeping Landry and Jack, as well.

Also, it sounds like this isn't gonna happen, because the NBA won't let you trade a coach. Wonder how, or if, it gets resolved.

The West is wide open I still think Dwight Howard to Houston is possible. San Antonio's window is closing to a championship IMO. Duncan has maybe 1 or 2 more years left and Parker is 31 now. OKC isn't as scary without James Harden, Memphis needs to find a wing scorer, LA Clippers need a big guy who can hit a 15 ft shot, Denver still has Ty Lawson but will come back, Golden State is the dangerous team with Curry, Thompson, Lee, LA Lakers have Gasol, and if Howard comes back till Kobe gets healthy. Houston w/o Howard, Utah, Portland, Dallas all decent teams.
The East will be a 4 way race Miami, Chicago, New York, Indiana.

Agree with most of this, but Gallo has a torn ACL, and Iggy opted out. So I'm betting on a step back from Denver. The Warriors are going to have trouble keeping Landry and Jack, as well.

Also, it sounds like this isn't gonna happen, because the NBA won't let you trade a coach. Wonder how, or if, it gets resolved.
Its going to have to be first Doc Rivers for a 1st round pick, and then a couple of days later the Celtics trusting Donald Sterling to be a man of his word and trading Jordan and a 1st round pick for KG separately.

Its going to have to be first Doc Rivers for a 1st round pick, and then a couple of days later the Celtics trusting Donald Sterling to be a man of his word and trading Jordan and a 1st round pick for KG separately.

I was reading though that Stern may not even allow that.

“The teams are aware that the collective bargaining agreement doesn’t authorize trades involving coaches’ contracts.”
“If you think those, at this point — having been all over the media for the last week — are separate transactions … I have a bridge that I would very much enjoy selling to you,” Stern said.

Stern wears a purple cape and conducts all his business from a volcano island lair.

Jordan and 2 1sts for KG and player #12 on the roster. Doc and Celts part ways. Doc signs with Clips as a FA.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

If David Stern doesn't let the Clippers-Celtics make their moves he really is a POS. Its not violating the CBA if the Celtics-Clippers make two separate transactions. KG for Jordan and 1st round pick isn't a terrible deal, and with Knicks getting a 1st round pick for Pat Riley from Miami there is precedent their as well.

Yeah he's kind of the best. I'm going to miss him

I fully expect that even though Adam Silver looks like a dork, he's actually going to be a total nutjob commissioner and add even more entertainment.

Shocking to hear its Donald Sterling is the one who is holding the deal up.
Adrian Wojo's article

Basically its Doc for a 1st round pick, and then Jordan/1st round pick for KG in a separate deal.