will be play loose like FGCU?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ORRange

Starter
I thought before the tourney started that Indiana was the one team I didn't want to play because they had the best weapons to dissect our zone. But I'm not nervous at all. The reason is that we are a nightmare matchup for them also. Oladipo can't cover everyone. They are small and their defense is suspect. The teams that have given us the most trouble this year were great defensive teams and we've handled the others. We will be able to score on them, the major question is can they score more against our really effective defense. We are the underdog and I think we'll play really loose. I think we'll play this game to win it intead of trying not to lose it. I really can't believe I'm this calm. LGO.

Do you really think this team will feel or play like an underdog? I just don't see them rolling out all losey-goosey because they are underdog. They are not FGCU. They play top 5 teams with regularity and expect to win. Not saying this means it is a loss, but I suspect our guys will be feeling pressure to perform well because they view this as a winnable game as long as they play well.

Do you really think this team will feel or play like an underdog? I just don't see them rolling out all losey-goosey because they are underdog. They are not FGCU. They play top 5 teams with regularity and expect to win. Not saying this means it is a loss, but I suspect our guys will be feeling pressure to perform well because they view this as a winnable game as long as they play well.

Yes I do. How many times has James and Brandon been underdogs in their careers? Not very many at all. Indiana will feel way more pressure than us. There was way more pressure on us to beat Cal because we were suppose to.

Yes I do. How many times has James and Brandon been underdogs in their careers? Not very many at all. Indiana will feel way more pressure than us. There was way more pressure on us to beat Cal because we were suppose to.

this will be the first tourny game any of our guys have played as the lower seed. so the first time we'll see the orange unis in the ncaas since oklahoma '09.

And, I would argue FGCU feels the same amount of pressure of everyone else.

It is one and done. Maybe the underdog can help in the regular season (b/c a team may look ahead or players may get bored) but it means nothing in a tourney setting.

You don't all of a sudden play looser in elimination games.

I just find it hard to picture our guys in the "just happy to be here, nothing to lose" mode. Ever.

I thought before the tourney started that Indiana was the one team I didn't want to play because they had the best weapons to dissect our zone. But I'm not nervous at all. The reason is that we are a nightmare matchup for them also. Oladipo can't cover everyone. They are small and their defense is suspect. The teams that have given us the most trouble this year were great defensive teams and we've handled the others. We will be able to score on them, the major question is can they score more against our really effective defense. We are the underdog and I think we'll play really loose. I think we'll play this game to win it intead of trying not to lose it. I really can't believe I'm this calm. LGO.

Not sure how loose we will play Thursday, but I am sure that scoring against them will be an issue. Oladipo is going to completely take out either Fair or JS. That's going to be very difficult to make up when we already struggle to score against good teams.

Indiana is ranked 16th nationally in defensive efficiency. Five of SU's 9 losses have come to teams less efficient on defense than the Hoosiers.

Indiana is ranked 16th nationally in defensive efficiency. Five of SU's 9 losses have come to teams less efficient on defense than the Hoosiers.

And 8 of SU's 9 losses have come when there were BE refs who let teams ride our guards, mug our cutters and body up on CJ. If we get refereeing like we did last weekend we'll get good shots... whether or not we can hit the broadside of a barn is another question entirely but we will have our chances.

If we can score 70 points I like our chances.

And 8 of SU's 9 losses have come when there were BE refs who let teams ride our guards, mug our cutters and body up on CJ. If we get refereeing like we did last weekend we'll get good shots... whether or not we can hit the broadside of a barn is another question entirely but we will have our chances.

I think a lower score favors us. We can score with them, but if they get into the 70s that means they've done a pretty good job against the zone. If we can keep it somewhere in the 50s we have a better chance of winning.

Indiana's lowest point total in a win this year (before Temple) was 66 in November against Georgia.

They're 1-3 when they score under 65; they're 26-3 when they score over 70.

Fair is much bigger than Oladipo and would have an advantage inside against him IMO. If they waste their best defender chasing James a catch and shoot guy around that would be great. I also feel either match up would help us ion the offensive glass plus it puts Triche and MCW against 6' gaurds.

The thing people seem to be missing is that we are bigger, longer and more athletic than them by a pretty good margin. They need to change things around to match up with us and also change their offensive plan to play against our zone. We basically have to attack the mismatch on offense, whoever has a 6' guy on them, crash the glass and adjust our zone as they figure it out.

with our size advantage we just need to make shots and put pressure on them to be effective against the zone. if james gets hot and cj finishes well we can make them be forced to play in the half court more.

I think a lower score favors us. We can score with them, but if they get into the 70s that means they've done a pretty good job against the zone. If we can keep it somewhere in the 50s we have a better chance of winning.

Indiana's lowest point total in a win this year (before Temple) was 66 in November against Georgia.

They're 1-3 when they score under 65; they're 26-3 when they score over 70.

I think a lower score for them and a higher score for us favors us. :cool:

with our size advantage we just need to make shots and put pressure on them to be effective against the zone. if james gets hot and cj finishes well we can make them be forced to play in the half court more.
Everyone says CUSE has a big size advantage...in guards, I agree...but in forwards we are CJF6'-8"; JS 6'-8" and RC6'-9"they're Sheehey 6'-7"; Watford 6'-9'; Zeller 7'-0"
I'm just trying to understand how everyone says CUSE has the size advantage...seems pretty even overall.

Everyone says CUSE has a big size advantage...in guards, I agree...but in forwards we are CJF6'-8"; JS 6'-8" and RC6'-9"they're Sheehey 6'-7"; Watford 6'-9'; Zeller 7'-0"
I'm just trying to understand how everyone says CUSE has the size advantage...seems pretty even overall.
Well. Hulls and Ferrell both get more minutes than Sheehey, and they're both around 6'0 180, so like you already mentioned it's not even close for guards.

Oladipo is their 3, and Fair has about 3 inches on him.
Southerland and Watford are about the same, ditto for Rak and Zeller.

We have at least 3 inches on them in 3 positions, and we're equal in other 2. I'd say that's a definite advantage.

Obviously if Sheehey and VO are both in, Oladipo slides to the 2, so the sizes are a little more even. But Sheehey doens't have the athleticism to stick with Fair.

Late in the Temple game, the Owls were able to get to the rim at will and finished.

MCW, Triche & CJ should be able to do the same. Our bigs must catch & finish, yes you Keita, don't expect to see a lot of Christmas.

Have you seen the kind of refereeing Indiana gets?

And homedepot got completely undressed by Wyatt who is his size. So it's not a given he's going to do anything to anyone. Although I'm sure he will be worked up playing in his backyard basically.

Late in the Temple game, the Owls were able to get to the rim at will and finished.

MCW, Triche & CJ should be able to do the same. Our bigs must catch & finish, yes you Keita, don't expect to see a lot of Christmas.

Zeller is not an elite defender. Their guards are small. We should be able to score, as long as we see BE tourney O.

Not sure how loose we will play Thursday, but I am sure that scoring against them will be an issue. Oladipo is going to completely take out either Fair or JS. That's going to be very difficult to make up when we already struggle to score against good teams.

I don't think they're going to use him on Southerland. He doesn't handle the ball enough. I think it'll be a mix of Oladipo covering Fair and MCW, depending on who's hot.

Why do I think Indiana's 16th ranked defense is suspect? Do tell you might say.
Against the 12 cupcakes on their schedule (including PSU and Neb) they averaged 89/pts per game and held the opponents to a stifling 53.5/pts per game. Unreal defensive efficiency. When the Hoosiers are scoring 89 the other team is getting plenty of possessions.

But what happened against the 8 games against Georgetown,Butler,Minn,Ill.,and Wisc. The Hoosiers gave up an average of 73.5/pts per game against these offensive juggernauts. Hmm. Some poster brought up their defensive efficiency earlier this year and I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked it up. Indiana was on TV a ton this year and I wouldn't consider them a lockdown defensive team regardless of their defensive stats. BTW, they lost 5 of the 8 games against the offensively gifted teams mentioned above.

And homedepot got completely undressed by Wyatt who is his size. So it's not a given he's going to do anything to anyone. Although I'm sure he will be worked up playing in his backyard basically.

:rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom