Matchup nightmare for both teams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matchup nightmare for both teams

will be play loose like FGCU?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
oladipo clamped down on him after the first 15 minutes and certainly in second half.

yea by holding him and grabbing him and clutching him away from the ball. it worked cuz the refs didnt call a single foul on him and wyatt got completely frustrated.

oladipo clamped down on him after the first 15 minutes and certainly in second half.
I stole homedepot from another poster. Sorry I don't remember who that was?
31 points is a major letdown by supposedly the best defender in college hoops. Also that's THE only guy they needed to key on and he still got his..

I have faith that JB will be the smartest man on the court. Hopefully Tom Creans head explodes.
Completely agree. And I think this will be more about coaching strategy for the victory than the players playing.. imo

I have faith that JB will be the smartest man on the court. Hopefully Tom Creans head explodes.
I can only hope that our HOF coach watched the last Indiana game against Temple and spotted something useful for Thursday's clash of the Titans"Do we have a Kraken?" ts going to be a very long offseason if we lose this one to the Hoosiers.:(

i think the best sampling of what to expect is the gtown-iu game earlier this year. Gtown frustrated them with their length utilizing a lot of zone. If we can make some shots the game will be there for the taking.. problem is we haven't been the model of consistancy when it comes to shooting. I would argue also Zeller isn't their only big- they have another guy (elston?) who has given them good minutes at the five. I think the key is oladipo. As a real tenacious defender and dynamic slasher , he makes them elitr when he is playing well. He is also prone to mental lapses so if he picks up some cheap ones or is forced to make decisions out of the high post that could help us. I think JB has a lot of options on how to attack on offense as i think we should be able to get in the paint CJ will be a real issue for them. I think it will be a good game- and then at around the 7 minute mark one is likely to pull ahead for good.

i think the best sampling of what to expect is the gtown-iu game earlier this year. Gtown frustrated them with their length utilizing a lot of zone. If we can make some shots the game will be there for the taking.. problem is we haven't been the model of consistancy when it comes to shooting. I would argue also Zeller isn't their only big- they have another guy (elston?) who has given them good minutes at the five. I think the key is oladipo. As a real tenacious defender and dynamic slasher , he makes them elitr when he is playing well. He is also prone to mental lapses so if he picks up some cheap ones or is forced to make decisions out of the high post that could help us. I think JB has a lot of options on how to attack on offense as i think we should be able to get in the paint CJ will be a real issue for them. I think it will be a good game- and then at around the 7 minute mark one is likely to pull ahead for good.
I like CJ and MCW going to the basket and drawing potential fouls If D C is our best center offensive threat as Jimmy has stated,I favor getting him the ball and making inside moves No one can argue that our outside shooting is crucial. Again its going to be defense that wins or loses.A kid like Cooney coming up big along with senior Brandon Triche would favorably impacting for the Orangemen.A lot of things must go right if we get to the elite Eight.

yea by holding him and grabbing him and clutching him away from the ball. it worked cuz the refs didnt call a single foul on him and wyatt got completely frustrated.

cant disagree. wyatt was 30 ft from hoop and oladipo was in his shorts. but i think wyatt had like 18 in the first ten minutes or something ridiculous.

Bo Ryan and JB are friends, no? Wisconsin seemed to figure Indiana out this year, maybe JB should call his pal and get some notes. Our defense will be fine as it has been all year long. On offense, it will come down to possessions. In all but one of IU's conference losses (Wisconsin outshot them 38% to 51%), they have had more turnovers than their opponent. We need to play like Wisconsin: smart, disciplined and patient - no crazy passes or over-dribbling. If we move the ball and penetrate under control, we should be able to win.

Everyone says CUSE has a big size advantage...in guards, I agree...but in forwards we are CJF6'-8"; JS 6'-8" and RC6'-9"they're Sheehey 6'-7"; Watford 6'-9'; Zeller 7'-0"
I'm just trying to understand how everyone says CUSE has the size advantage...seems pretty even overall.

I think IU is very generous when listing their player height. Zeller doesn't appear to be 7'0 and Watford looks less likely to be 6'9. We'll see on thursday but I expect Rak/Baye and Zeller to be about the same height and Watford and MCW to be close to the same height.

Here's Zeller and 6'9 John O'Brien from Temple
2Q==

Here's Cody next to his brother Tyler who measured 6'11.25 at the NBA combine
zeller-boys-current-familyjpg-c39ec1bcdc1bae08.jpg

And here's Alex Len from Maryland who is a legit 7'1
Z
images

and 7'0 Jeff Withy
images

7' players are usually pretty easy to spot. We had one last year.

I think IU is very generous when listing their player height. Zeller doesn't appear to be 7'0 and Watford looks less likely to be 6'9. We'll see on thursday but I expect Rak/Baye and Zeller to be about the same height and Watford and MCW to be close to the same height.

Here's Zeller and 6'9 John O'Brien from Temple
2Q==

Here's Cody next to his brother Tyler who measured 6'11.25 at the NBA combine
zeller-boys-current-familyjpg-c39ec1bcdc1bae08.jpg

That's one ugly family.

Speaking for many Cards fans, we hope you kick their butt. Not looking forward to seeing you guys again, but we would love for you to help explode the BT bs.

Syracuse will not lose this game because they are outplayed by this inferior Indiana team, they could lose because they get sloppy. That is the ONLY way this Syracuse team has a chance to lose.

A few thoughts.
Even I underestimated the matchup nightmare we presented.
Our guards ate their lunch the likes I haven't seen since Edelin played the Irish.
But most important was that the officials didn't call touch fouls when Zeller had the ball.

BOO YEA. LGO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom