Matt Moyer transferring | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Moyer transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't this kind of quick?
That is what I was thinking. It probably isn’t about playing time since if it was you would wait to see how the roster plays out. I think it goes back to JB’s comments which were unnecessary and inappropriate in my opinion. Still it might be the best decision for him. I really thought he could have contributed his last 2 years but that might not be true and just what I hoped since I liked the kid so much. He had limitations in lateral quickness and I don’t think he would ever have been a good shooter.

No surprise. Great kid. Would be hard for him to get playing time and he is already far behind in terms of skills. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a Ball St./Akron/Kent St.

That’s exactly what I was thinking, a lower D1 school closer to home. Glad to see he didn’t get the AJ Long tat before leaving.

From his signing day article...

DZPnEzQU8AAk7GA.jpg:large
227gx1.jpg

Yes. He was in Newhouse, and I agree about the potential with finishing that degree. Moyer's academic advisor retired in Dec. and moved to Arizona. Newhouse Prof. We watched pretty much every game together. Raved about how nice Moyer is. Maybe the academic advisor change along with the sprain, and a couple of other things led to this. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

no offense to your friend but the next time a kid makes a major move because his/her academic advisor retired will prob be the first

I don't mean to be that guy but how is anyone surprised by this? I was shocked at how many posters were adamant he was going no where. One guy even said "zero percent chance". To me this was inevitable.

Man that sucks. Kid really seemed to love Syracuse. But I get it.

Wish him the best.

Hope he doesn’t end up regretting this the rest of his life. Seems like a short-sighted decision to me.

We’ll always have the UConn game.

I really wish Moyer could have been more patient and bided his time. He may not have played a lot next season, depending on who comes back, but he could have developed into an important piece as a junior and senior. Plus he could have been a Newhouse grad! Disappointed these young guys can’t be more patient and see how development isn’t a linear thing. You have ups and downs. And you never know who’s going to get injured during the season, which can also open up playing time. Our assistant coaches need to do a better job of making our players see the long game. All that said, I love this kid and wish him all the best.

Last edited:
I like Moyer, seems like a nice kid. But he was god awful for 75% of this season. That being said, don't we need to keep kids like this for 4 years to help solidify the program a bit? He could have been a contributor by his Junior/Senior season.

The same behind the scenes value he had with Kaleb Joseph, Ron Patterson and BJ Johnson?

So are we allowed to discuss this might be an issue with us?

What's the transfer rate with other top teams? I honestly don't know off the top

This guy bled orange. Always led the way in those locker room celebrations and you can tell: winning means everything to him. Wish he stayed and killed it the next few seasons, but he's got to do what's best for him. Best of luck, Matty Nice.

The writing was on the wall after the fallout with is dad and JB. Come on now. Sister Jean at the ripe age of 98 could have seen this from a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom