Matt Park is the worst radio announcer ever | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park is the worst radio announcer ever

Please elaborate.

Ripped into one of the TE recruits questioning why the staff brought him on board. It was really out of place, especially for a spring game.

Ripped into one of the TE recruits questioning why the staff brought him on board. It was really out of place, especially for a spring game.
Yep, he said that the player was a highly recruited player and he "just don't see it".

Even if he believes that...keep your mouth shut. Pompous a$$.

Last edited:
Yep, he said that the player was a highly recruited player and he "just don't see it".

Even if he believes that...keep you mouth shut. Pompous a$$.

wasn't it Dunk ?

yep. fine for a message board. not fine as the spring game color commentator.
Agreed...and not just as "the spring game color commentator". Doesn't he actually work for the athletic department?

I think the title of this thread needs to be revised to "Matt Park Needs some Work as a Play by Play Announcer." Then we'd be closer to the truth.

Matt Park is excellent as a media relations person for SU Athletics. He is a class act all the way in front of the camera. Off camera, he may indulge in too much alcohol.

But I dare any one of you to do as good a job as Matt does.

They are fine. Who really gives a crap seeing you are either watching on TV or in person. Hell they could have Roseanne Barr and Bugs Bunny doing the game for all I care.

Don't know about Roseanne but I've love to hear Bugs Bunny do a game. Daffy Duck could do the color!. And Foghorm Leghorn the commercials with Elmer Fudd as the sideline reporter.
f896988515e7f0266491d14763254079.jpg

Last edited:
My rnaking of the "Voices of the Orange" I've ehard in my lifetime

1) Bill O'Donnell
2) Joel Mareiness
3) Matt Park
4) Doug Logan
5) Dave Pasch
6) Mark Johnson

But at least with all his different phrases, like climb the invisible ladder, it was fun listening.

He used to make me laugh. "a handoff and he explodes past the 40-45-50 and was downed at the 53 yard line!"
Joel also had major issues with subtraction, especially if the player went past the 50 yard line but he did always mention how many yards the play went (even if it was wrong). Fun to listen to though.

On our way back from Chicago I tried to listen to the SU vs PSU game and had no clue where the ball was. 3rd and what? I'd be yelling what the heck is going on and it was very frustrating. The next game I listened to the Clemson play by play and it was perfect as he explained what was going on to the T. Matt if you are reading this, please improve this aspect of your play calling.

He used to make me laugh. "a handoff and he explodes past the 40-45-50 and was downed at the 53 yard line!"
Joel also had major issues with subtraction, especially if the player went past the 50 yard line but he did always mention how many yards the play went (even if it was wrong). Fun to listen to though.

A pass was tipped and intercepted Joel shouted "Incomception!"

I thought he'd invented a new form of birth control.

I love Matt's enthusiasm and it does actually seem like he cares for Syracuse football which is nice but I was in the car for the dropped pass/intercepted/LSU completion play that someone that someone brought up and it was a cluster to listen to. I understand this is a very tough job but the call literally went like this "Harris throws, dropped, PICKED OFF BY SYRACUSE, no and it's an LSU first down at Syracuse's 45 yard line and they move the chains"

I don't think Matt is the worst by any means but yeah there could be some improvement.

Also I really miss Coach Mac as the color guy. Hearing him say Hell, damn and even a God Damn I'm pretty sure after Cuse would give up big plays was great.

I like Matt. Every "Voice of the Orange" we've ever had has been poor at telling us the exact yardage a play gained. (Fourth and one: "He goes into the line for short yardage"). My one complaint about Matt is that he shouts "the ball is on the ground" every time he sees a commotion. Then when he finds there was no fumble "the runner fell on it".

Of course, if you actually go to the games and watch the road games on TV, it's not a big problem.
He's the worst that I have ever heard. Park might be a nice guy Hughes very poor at calling a game.

My rnaking of the "Voices of the Orange" I've ehard in my lifetime

1) Bill O'Donnell
2) Joel Mareiness
3) Matt Park
4) Doug Logan
5) Dave Pasch
6) Mark Johnson
Dave Pasch and Mark Johson were the best that's why they have Bigtime gigs now and Park doesn't.

anglerman said:
Dave Pasch and Mark Johson were the best that's why they have Bigtime gigs now and Park doesn't.

Colorado Buffs are big time?

I have only listened to him a couple times for bball, I just can't do football on the radio.

I'm a Doug Logan guy. Matt Park is better than OK, despite the hiccups, love the enthusiasm. Loved Mareiness, he was a howl. Logan was the best . BTW, I'll have to do my Logan impression for you folks at a tailgate sometime. I get compliments:D

I can take or leave Park, though I wish there was someone better to broadcast our games. Enthusiasm is okay but lacks the knack to really communicate what's happening on the field to the listener. Often times, he can really be difficult to listen to. I'd take Logan any day over Park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom