Matt Park | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is The Plan then maybe ADJW isn’t the guy we think he is, and the message board posting makes A LOT more sense.
For all we know someone in digital on the hill was told to help Matt out and that adhoc survey was the output. My guess ADJW‘s reaction was something akin to
B4284F05-15B3-48D2-9C3B-4F977497DC5F.gif

And his staff in his office was probably like

922443C6-5635-4EEF-B28F-ED729D7791C1.gif

So only Syracuse fans are allowed to demand that they make the tournament every year.
Yeah, Syracuse is just a regional upstart basketball team with a little bit of success every now and again when they get some decent seniors on one team like Monmouth. Also, too, Syracuse is a top-ten winningest blue blood basketball school with a HOF coach and generally is #1 or #2 in attendance.

For our program and with everything we have to offer. I don’t think it’s hard to think that we should be in the tournament every year. Yes, there will be a down year or 2 due to injuries or luck, but for the most part our program is a top 10 program in the country. We should expect to make the tournament year in and year out. Maybe sweat it out one year, but ultimately should make tournament 99.5 percent of the time.

And the other 346 division 1 schools are saying the same thing.
Are they? I don't think they are. Just watch the celebrations of the teams that rarely make it. It's not an expectation. It's a dream. There's a spectrum. At one end are the teams with no chance. At the other are the teams that have annual NC hopes. Given our past performance, our conference, our finances, etc, our realistic expectation should be to get in without squeeking by most of the time.

Are they? I don't think they are. Just watch the celebrations of the teams that rarely make it. It's not an expectation. It's a dream. There's a spectrum. At one end are the teams with no chance. At the other are the teams that have annual NC hopes. Given our past performance, our conference, our finances, etc, our realistic expectation should be to get in without squeeking by most of the time.
I’m not saying the team it’s the delusional fans.

Reasonable expectations would be that Boeheim makes some changes regarding strategy and even staff, or shows some accountability for the deteriorating state and national perception of our program. He’s making millions to coach, im paying to watch and/or attend games.

Reasonable expectations is not “shut up and watch the games, just appreciate that we were good 1980 through 2014”, things change. Donate more

Reasonable expectations would be that Boeheim makes some changes regarding strategy and even staff, or shows some accountability for the deteriorating state and national perception of our program. He’s making millions to coach, im paying to watch and/or attend games.

Reasonable expectations is not “shut up and watch the games, just appreciate that we were good 1980 through 2014”, things change. Donate more

if you read deeper into the posts, what he’s trying to say, but I guess cant or something, is that we are worse because we are in the ACC and we just have to deal with the reality that the ACC is too hard and we can’t recruit as well in it.

i think that’s complete nonsense...but it would help Park’s cause if he would just say what he wants to say instead of this weird questioning of expectations

if you read deeper into the posts, what he’s trying to say, but I guess cant or something, is that we are worse because we are in the ACC and we just have to deal with the reality that the ACC is too hard and we can’t recruit as well in it.

i think that’s complete nonsense...but it would help Park’s cause if he would just say what he wants to say instead of this weird questioning of expectations
That’s even worse. Not to mention absolute BS.

Our football program almost had a shot at an ACC title for god’s sake. The basketball programs past the point of needing to look in the mirror or soul search.

If this is his point then he is a bigger moron I than thought.
The ACC is not the NBA.
Again we have struggled as a program these last 7 years but we haven’t bottomed out.
Pitt lost Dixon went thru Stallings and hired Capel. Pitt is back to our level during that time.
We aren’t BC or Wake.
The ACC is not our problem the Big East was tougher from 2005 thru 2013 than the current ACC.

Our problems are the HC hasn’t recruited a PG from 2015-2020 until we got Kadary and hasn’t recruited an all-around big since 2015.
We keep playing players out of position to maintain mediocrity and not bottoming out and play atleast 6 tomato cans every year in the nonconference.

Our record is 45-3 against non P-6 nonconference opponents
That is the only reason we aren’t under 500 in any season.

I’m not saying the team it’s the delusional fans.
And I think you're still wrong. Most fans have an idea of where they sit on the totem poll. Do the majority of us think we should be in the college football playoff? No. If we can get to 8 wins consistently our fanbase will be ecstatic. If Alabama starts having 8 win seasons, they'll melt down. Even in basketball, by and large, we have different expectations than teams within our own conference. We expect to make the tournament and go to the sweet 16 on a regular basis with an occasional FF mixed in. I'm guessing Duke fans expect to have a good shot at the FF every year. I'm sure Cornell fans don't ever expect to go to the FF and would be elated to be in the tournament.

Last edited:
Matt Park can redeem himself by roasting the people that responded to his survey during the game tonight.

"bigbootyluvr69 has never watched a single Syracuse game yet thinks Boeheim should be fired."

"cusefan420xx has never donated to the school and isn't fooling anyone with that hat."

"John Doe's profile picture is a car selfie with sunglasses on. Hard to believe he couldn't spell Syracuse correctly."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom