MCW knew something was wrong in the 2nd half | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW knew something was wrong in the 2nd half

I think this only solidifies him leaving for the NBA draft this year. If it wasn't before, it's a stone cold LOCK now!

Except for a little thing called home owners insurance.

I don't think it has an affect one way or the other. This wasn't a family living in poverty and I would think home owners insurance will cover the house.

Which makes the Lord and Taylor thing even more baffling.

Talk about mayhem.

If you are referring to the mayhem commercials, this is the first thing i thought of as well. I wonder if they pull that commercial during our game.

When I was in HS our French club took a trip to France on spring break. During that week my grandmother died and my family decided to tell me when I got back. It was a terminal situation so I it wasn't as big a shock when I returned. My folks couldn't afford to fly me back from there last minute so they figured why ruin my trip if there was nothing I could do about stuck over there.

Glad someone said it...I mean we all agree that a basketball game is much more important then your house going up in flames, and your family being in there when the fire started. :bat:

Do you really not think that she would have found out, by a nosy neighbor or a scared younger sibling? I am sure she was happy to know her family was safe.

I would never say a basketball game is more important than a house going up in flames. Never in a million years. :crazy:

Like I said, I don't know what I would have done.

And we thought he avoided the SI jinx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I can't imagine what was going through his head. When you know you have family in the stands you can't help but look up at them during timeouts.

He wasn't as celebratory as everyone else was immediately after the game

I think this only solidifies him leaving for the NBA draft this year. If it wasn't before, it's a stone cold LOCK now!
My thought exactly.

I cannot imagine how distracted MCW must have been!

Except for a little thing called home owners insurance.

I didn't mean for this to come across as cold, at all.. Furthest thing from my mind. Just recalling that the only money influx I ever experienced as a kid was after a house fire.

As I said the other day, from personal experience, going through a house fire is extremely traumatizing. I hope MCW can shake it off, and play well. You don't want to lump one negative experience onto another.

I'm sure the family wants a break as well.

It is definitely a trauma, and like losing your identity. And there are so many things insurance isn't going to pay for, and they will fight you every step of the way. (Oh, I forget, home insurance usually isn't as vicious as health insurance.) All the simple things of daily life that they will need to transition: toothpaste, shampoo, paper, band aids. Their files are destroyed. They have to stay with friends or in a motel. This will definitely cost them money above and beyond insurance.

Does anyone have more information about how this affected Michael's play? I would have to go back and watch the tape, and I'm not sure I would be an astute observer. Analysis is not my forte. Or even my fifte.

If you are referring to the mayhem commercials, this is the first thing i thought of as well. I wonder if they pull that commercial during our game.
Sure am, love every single one of those commercials. Very unfortunate for the Carter-Williams family.

I didn't mean for this to come across as cold, at all.. Furthest thing from my mind. Just recalling that the only money influx I ever experienced as a kid was after a house fire.

As I said the other day, from personal experience, going through a house fire is extremely traumatizing. I hope MCW can shake it off, and play well. You don't want to lump one negative experience onto another.

I'm sure the family wants a break as well.
Judging by his twitter, he's in really good spirits. Obviously it doesn't tell the whole story, but it's better than seeing him tweet less than normal or not tweeting his usual stuff.

He may think about it now, but I think once 9:45 Thursday comes and the ball is thrown in the air, he'll forget about it for those 2 hours, especially because no one was hurt.

Also I am sure part of his family if not all of them will be in DC at the game. Probably a good family thing to do at this point. And if they are there, it will be very comforting to MCW.

Boy these puns. I can picture Vern Lundquist on Thursday: "Michael Carter-Williams is a house afire tonight!!"

not sure what i would have done... but they prob shouldnt have called the mom until after the game anyway...

what was she going to do in san jose?
Her husband should've called and let her know about the fire and that everyone was safe. One of her friends or neighbors would've called when they found out. Better to hear the news from her husband.

Her husband should've called and let her know about the fire and that everyone was safe. One of her friends or neighbors would've called when they found out. Better to hear the news from her husband.
Absolutely. Can you imagine what it would have been like if some how word got on the news, to the networks and have them shove a camera and microphone in your face and have them ask what it feels like to have your home burn down 3000 miles away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom