MCW thinks he can be #1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW thinks he can be #1

What was he supposed to say to the Yahoo at Yahoo - no, these other point guards are better than me?! He knows the reality but he has to project confidence that he is the best. And if he wants to be the best, he has to know that he can become the best. Good luck MCW!

I think I can bowl overhand, eat raw steak, take care of plague ridden people, date a supermodel, wrestle packs of coyotes, wear live lobster as earrings, and be sexy in a speedo. :bat:

I am SO close on this one. SO close.

I once read an interview with Gregory Peck where he said that, due to a back injury, he was unable to "carry a suitcase, ride a horse and bowl".

I thought to myself: "There's nothing wrong with my back and I can't do that!" :confused:

Of course Peck was talking about doing all three of those things at the same time.

I'm just very curious how he does in the workouts and 3 on 3s. I could see him doing well and I could see him really struggling.

I could see him being the first PG taken...but he's out of his mind if he thinks he's going in the top 5.
He probably read Iggy's reply to a post yesterday.

If he really works on his jumper and shoots well in his workouts.. anything can happen. Lets remember is shot isn't broken just needs more consistancy.
You are correct. Look at Jason Kidd. He was a great PG coming out of college but couldn't shoot a lick from outside. Look at where he is now.

He probably read Iggy's reply to a post yesterday.
Igor's mock draft goes
1. MCW
2. CJ Fair
3. Jerami Grant
4. Rakeem Christmas
5. James Southerland
6. Nerlens Noel

this is a big change from three weeks ago, when he had Southerland, aka "the next Len Bias," going #1

You are correct. Look at Jason Kidd. He was a great PG coming out of college but couldn't shoot a lick from outside. Look at where he is now.
Look at john wall he couldn't shoot until 2weeks ago and he went #1 and MCW is a better defender than john wall right now in my opinion. MCW can run a high pick and role right now. That said I see him between pick 6-8 but #1 shouldn't be out of the question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Wall could shoot better than MCW even back then. He had a freakish vertical and had probably the best coast to coast speed since Iverson. Averaged 6.5 assists at UK also. He is playing incredible ball right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--n...unner-status-as-top-draft-pick-013137867.html

"The 6-foot-6 Orange point guard hopes to vault himself to the top spot in the minds of NBA general managers once he starts working out for teams.
"If I go in the pre-draft camp and kill it and do the things I know I can do, I don't see why not," Carter-Williams told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday."

Never underestimate the ability of a young man to delude himself.

Wish he would have been out to show that all season.

If MCW goes No. 1, this really is a weak draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he goes top 14 the GM and any scouts associated with the pic will be looking for work the following year

Igor's mock draft goes
1. MCW
2. CJ Fair
3. Jerami Grant
4. Rakeem Christmas
5. James Southerland
6. Nerlens Noel

this is a big change from three weeks ago, when he had Southerland, aka "the next Len Bias," going #1
If you scroll down far enough, Igor still has Ethan Cole going at the end of the second round.

I could see him being the first PG taken...but he's out of his mind if he thinks he's going in the top 5.

Foolish PR to say anything but what he said given the question. Not sure a team picking in the lottery looking for talent infusion and leadership would want a kid saying "I think I am the 11th-best player in the draft."