MCW's mom on MCW & the NBA | Syracusefan.com

MCW's mom on MCW & the NBA

He'd be wise to stay.

His decision making and overall game really need to improve to be successful long-term at the next level that said everyone says he's a top 10er so I don't think he stays.

Let's all be clear:

There is MAYBE a one in a million chance that MCW returns for his junior campaign.

No, Lloyd. He's gone.

His decision making and overall game really need to improve to be successful long-term at the next level that said everyone says he's a top 10er so I don't think he stays.
Are there any examples of this happening in basketball? A top-10/15 player staying another year and improving their draft status?

Are there any examples of this happening in basketball? A top-10/15 player staying another year and improving their draft status?

Great question and I can't bring one to mind off hand which is why I say he goes even though another year would do him a world of good

He'd be unwise to stay. Next draft is stronger he'd be older and have to turn potential into actual product to not be drafted lower.

he is older than people think right now. i think he may already be 21.

perfectly said.

why?

Easy. He's not very good. He has a a hundred holes in his game. He's going to get chewed up in the NBA.

But I think he goes. Just the way it is nowadays.

If he currently has a 3.4, I wouldn't be overly worried about his affect on APR. SU has had other players, of lesser academic standing, complete their work. In the article, the mother very clearly (and rightly so!) was proud of MCW's gpa. These attitudes often follow through to the kids. I would not be surprised to see MCW come back some day to complete his degree.

If he currently has a 3.4, I wouldn't be overly worried about his affect on APR. SU has had other players, of lesser academic standing, complete their work. In the article, the mother very clearly (and rightly so!) was proud of MCW's gpa. These attitudes often follow through to the kids. I would not be surprised to see MCW come back some day to complete his degree.
But if he has to go to the NBA camps instead of taking finals or whatever...?

Let's all be clear:

There is MAYBE a one in a million chance that MCW returns for his junior campaign.

No, Lloyd. He's gone.

But what if he shot you in the face?

Easy. He's not very good. He has a a hundred holes in his game. He's going to get chewed up in the NBA.

But I think he goes. Just the way it is nowadays.

Rondo had way more holes in his game going pro.

MCW is at the age now, that if doesnt play flawless basketball next year, his stock would drop.

A prime example of it is Paul Harris.

Rondo had way more holes in his game going pro.

MCW is at the age now, that if doesnt play flawless basketball next year, his stock would drop.

A prime example of it is Paul Harris.

Except PH was never a top 10er

Nice answer, can't say he's leaving in the middle of the season but she's knows more than any of us that's he's gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom