Melo and Ja Morant | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Melo and Ja Morant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the punishment fits. The firearm was not illegal. He’s a young man adjusting to wealth and fame. Look how dangerous it is for athletes today. Two football players robbed, a third had a car stolen. He will learn from this

Trevor Bauer is not a criminal either.
The veracity of his accuser was evident by the fact that her request for a restraining order was denied after a judge heard testimony. It’s obvious she was a willing participant. She duped him so she could sue him.

Ja has numerous instances with a gun. Hand slap here, hand slap there.
Kyrie is antisemitic. Hand slap, hand slap.
But you jump to the racist narrative.
Ja is a bonehead who needs to grow up. I don't know what is going on on Planet Kyrie half the time.

But I see no reason to think that the percentage of upstanding citizens as part of the total is different in the NBA vs. any other profession.

Ja has numerous instances with a gun. Hand slap here, hand slap there.
Kyrie is antisemitic. Hand slap, hand slap.
But you jump to the racist narrative.
If the basketball shoe fits….

If the basketball shoe fits….
usatsi_19952334.jpg

THAT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I don't know why, but it just is.
Very few drive by shootings occur when posing for Christmas cards (which I agree is a really dumb idea, in general.) Pistols/handguns are used far more frequently in crime than hunting rifles. Weapons That Are Most Commonly Used for Homicides
In many places having a pistol inside a vehicle is illegal. (Pistols are far more heavily regulated than hunting rifles/shotguns.) Also, recall the allegations that Ja's friends had a laser pointed at a Bucks stadium worker (or some affiliation with the Bucks.)
Its a bad look for the NBA. Plus, he was already punished once for this type of behavior, and he did it again.

Ja is a bonehead who needs to grow up. I don't know what is going on on Planet Kyrie half the time.

But I see no reason to think that the percentage of upstanding citizens as part of the total is different in the NBA vs. any other profession.
It may well be higher. You have to be uber talented to be given a chance in the NBA if you are a criminal/knuckle-head. Most of those guys have been weeded out before they get to the NBA.

Very few drive by shootings occur when posing for Christmas cards (which I agree is a really dumb idea, in general.) Pistols/handguns are used far more frequently in crime than hunting rifles. Weapons That Are Most Commonly Used for Homicides
In many places having a pistol inside a vehicle is illegal. (Pistols are far more heavily regulated than hunting rifles/shotguns.) Also, recall the allegations that Ja's friends had a laser pointed at a Bucks stadium worker (or some affiliation with the Bucks.)
Its a bad look for the NBA. Plus, he was already punished once for this type of behavior, and he did it again.
What kind of guns are used most often in school shootings? And who has the most power to work towards preventing these things?

What a stupid world that these are even the discussions we have.

What kind of guns are used most often in school shootings? And who has the most power to work towards preventing these things?

What a stupid world that these are even the discussions we have.
Not hunting rifles. The posts I was replying to (context is everything in life) was the difference between people posing with their hunting rifles for Xmas cards vs Ja riding in a car flashing a handgun. Eric professed that it was different, but wasn’t sure why. My post was my $.02.

Not hunting rifles. The posts I was replying to (context is everything in life) was the difference between people posing with their hunting rifles for Xmas cards vs Ja riding in a car flashing a handgun. Eric professed that it was different, but wasn’t sure why. My post was my $.02.
I was being sarcastic. I know the reason why. But it’s the hoops board and I don’t want to stress the mods out.

Nobody said “hunting rifles”. You just decided it was hunting rifles. Which maybe in some of the Christmas card situations I referenced, it was? Pretty sure there were machine guns and AR-15s in some cases.

That there are so many “Christmas Card” situations to reference is flat out ridiculous.

Last edited:
Nobody said “hunting rifles”. You just decided it was hunting rifles. Which maybe in some of the Christmas card situations I referenced, it was? Pretty sure there were machine guns and AR-15s in some cases.

That there are so many “Christmas Card” situations to reference is flat out ridiculous.
211209-massie-christmas-card-mn-1500.jpg

For all I know, those might be hunting rifles. I was not born with the bloodlust required for hunting.

For all I know, those might be hunting rifles. I was not born with the bloodlust required for hunting.
My daughter will be 7 in October. We have already made it clear to her that she will not be getting an Uzi anytime soon for Christmas. We're thinking maybe for her 12th birthday, only if she has a perfect report card.

I think that is Thomas Massey, a congressman. I fail to understand the importance of the designation "Hunting Rifle". Guns are designed to kill living things mostly humans. Pretending otherwise is silly IMO.

I have no issue with these people or Ja Morant owning and carrying guns. It is their right to do so and our governments duty to uphold those rights. Certainly a "Holiday card still" is different from a "social media video" showing unsafe cavalier use of a handgun. Ja Morant did not break any laws doing that though. Both actions have consequences. I would guess there is language in NBA contracts that allows them to discipline players for certain off court behaviors. I get that he should be much more careful but I find it hard to judge too harshly. If I had that amount of money and fame at that age . . . . . . . . yikes what a trail of destruction I would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom