Melo and McCullough | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Melo and McCullough

When I first read about his size and handle, I was hoping he might compare with Billy Owens. However, from what I can tell at the moment it looks like CM is going to carve out his own unique niche on the squad that we may need to look to other teams to have a better comparison of. When Boeheim said he was his biggest recruit since Melo, I became excited and can't wait to see what he brings to the college game.

When I first read about his size and handle, I was hoping he might compare with Billy Owens. However, from what I can tell at the moment it looks like CM is going to carve out his own unique niche on the squad that we may need to look to other teams to have a better comparison of. When Boeheim said he was his biggest recruit since Melo, I became excited and can't wait to see what he brings to the college game.
Hak with a jump shot coming into freshman year. But you're right. Unique so my comparison is meh. Mah.

Hak with a jump shot coming into freshman year. But you're right. Unique so my comparison is meh. Mah.
I concur; he's closer to Hak than Melo. That said, he doesn't have the post game Hak did - even as a frosh / soph Hak had some solid footwork down on the block. I think CM might be a bit more like JDubs than Hak. It's... tough to find a fair proxy for CM. He's such a gazelle, and a bit outside of the mold JB typically casts for his 4s (which historically has captured a handle, a jumper and moxie on the boards). CM has the jumper and will be a monster on the break. The rest... TBD.

Might be a bad omen but...
Kinda similar to Winfred Walton?

Two things:

- Boeheim is all in on this kid.
- He is absolutely one and done.

I will bet anyone any amount of money on the second statement.

I concur; he's closer to Hak than Melo. That said, he doesn't have the post game Hak did - even as a frosh / soph Hak had some solid footwork down on the block. I think CM might be a bit more like JDubs than Hak. It's... tough to find a fair proxy for CM. He's such a gazelle, and a bit outside of the mold JB typically casts for his 4s (which historically has captured a handle, a jumper and moxie on the boards). CM has the jumper and will be a monster on the break. The rest... TBD.

I'm hoping he'll turn out to be his own proxy.

That's actually not a bad comparison in terms of style of play.
Hopefully the comparison only applies to basketball... Walton made Fab Melo look like a Mensa candidate...

Hopefully the comparison only applies to basketball... Walton made Fab Melo look like a Mensa candidate...

Yeah, hopefully McCullough is actually qualified to play (and, if so, doesn't hover around the perimeter and take a million shots, like Walton did at Fresno).