Melo - Jeremy McNeil | Syracusefan.com

Melo - Jeremy McNeil

"that's my spill " . thankyou jeremy mcneil.

Syracuse trimmed Oklahoma State’s lead to 31-25 at halftime, thanks to a combined 18 points from reserve guards Billy Edelin and Josh Pace. Meanwhile, reserve center Jeremy McNeil keyed the press, swatting away four Oklahoma State shots

Syracuse’s two standout freshmen, Carmelo Anthony and Gerry McNamara, had struggled in the first half. They were a combined 0-for-12 from the field in the first half with two points and four turnovers between them.

Also - listening to this you gotta think Kiyan is AT LEAST a 2 year guy, if not more

"that's my spill " . thankyou jeremy mcneil.

Syracuse trimmed Oklahoma State’s lead to 31-25 at halftime, thanks to a combined 18 points from reserve guards Billy Edelin and Josh Pace. Meanwhile, reserve center Jeremy McNeil keyed the press, swatting away four Oklahoma State shots

Syracuse’s two standout freshmen, Carmelo Anthony and Gerry McNamara, had struggled in the first half. They were a combined 0-for-12 from the field in the first half with two points and four turnovers between them.
That's why I hate the talking point that we only won the title because of Melo. If our whole team is Melo, then we get bounced in the 2nd round and have zero titles. McNeil/Pace/Edelin won that game.

melo also speaks to the point about calipari and the end of the one and done mentality . if i can craft a team of experienced upperclassman who know what it takes and how to win then why waste my time with frosh prima donnas just looking for a payday... it's the new rules.

(kinda ironic seeing as he was a one and done.)

melo also speaks to the point about calipari and the end of the one and done mentality . if i can craft a team of experienced upperclassman who know what it takes and how to win then why waste my time with frosh prima donnas just looking for a payday... it's the new rules.

He didn’t want to be a one and done. Melo wanted to come back another year. JB actually spoke about it an interview one time. He had to tell Melo “you have to go”. His value was so high at that moment, it was time to grab his dream. As much as JB would have loved to have him back, he gave him the right advice at the right time. Some coaches would not have done that.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I never knew this
That was awesome. Good for Jeremy, he seemed quiet to me. Things like that win titles, and you wont get that with all 1 year players. There's only 1 Melo...

He didn’t want to be a one and done. Melo wanted to come back another year. JB actually spoke about it an interview one time. He had to tell Melo “you have to go”. His value was so high at that moment, it was time to grab his dream. As much as JB would have loved to have him back, he gave him the right advice at the right time. Some coaches would not have done that.

Haha well this is a much more fun spin. I have heard from a few different people that his spring semester attendance was... not great! Lol. I think he may have wanted to come back and JB saw the grades/attendance and thought... hey go make millions! Don't bother with Basket Weaving 225!

He was very reluctant to leave SU - JB told him he was NBA ready and gave him the push.

That's upperclass leadership. We've been lacking that.

I think almost everybody has been lacking that. “Upperclassmen” don’t exist anymore. Transfers don’t count.

And JB would later be labeled as selfish because he would let guys know if he thought they weren’t ready yet and needed to stay.

ok Nostrildamus. he was the 3rd overall pick. what was the upside ? 2 spots ?
i think everybody knew he was NBA ready.
Well sweetie, :rolleyes: :pthe point was that he wanted to stay and had to be told he was ready and was told to leave regardless of what he thought he wanted.

I think almost everybody has been lacking that. “Upperclassmen” don’t exist anymore. Transfers don’t count.
I think home grown upperclassmen work best, provided you have the right culture. But, transfers can work, particularly if you want to change the culture and induce toughness.

He was very reluctant to leave SU - JB told him he was NBA ready and gave him the push.

Didn't his mom work multiple jobs, including as a night custodian at UMBC -- so that she was a university employee, and her kid would be able to go to college for free?

Now, obviously he was a stud hoopster who got a scholarship. But from what I remember, that was the point of her working that tough job.

And when it came to entering the NBA draft, I think it was his mom who wanted him to stay in school. Not suggesting that Carmelo also didn't, but I recall it being more about him not wanting to let her down.

Plus, you know, he was having tons of fun in the college experience, having won the national championship and being BMOC.

I think home grown upperclassmen work best, provided you have the right culture. But, transfers can work, particularly if you want to change the culture and induce toughness.

Transfers can work and you pretty much have to make them work to be successful now.

What you can’t get with transfers is the type of story Melo shared.

Transfers can work and you pretty much have to make them work to be successful now.

What you can’t get with transfers is the type of story Melo shared.
I think you can. If a dude transfers in from a successful program and he is a true alpha. He can come in and instill that toughness even though he is a newcomer, also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom