Mess at Baylor continues to smell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mess at Baylor continues to smell

Yeah, but my Don Quixote-like issue here is that you can't discount EVERYTHING a unit does because of one thing you dislike.

I work in stats- 2% of a sample size of 1,500 is nothing when it comes to evaluating quality. Nothing is perfect and everyone has missteps. On the whole, OTL does great work. If they have an agenda, it's that the stories they're trying to break are important stories that would otherwise be ignored. It's just that people perceive them to have an agenda because it makes something they love look bad.
Have you ever hear the saying, "One oh shet erases 1,000 attaboys"? Btw, there have been two very high-profile stories mentioned in this thread alone where they at best embellished a lot and at worst just made a lot of stuff up. Integrity should be very important in real journalism. I have been "entertained" by several OTL pieces in the past, but when there are instances of fabrication of facts, it makes one question everything they present. And the Bernie Fine fiasco went way beyond mere fabrication of facts and it ultimately was very damaging to SU, Boeheim and particularly Bernie Fine.
I don't know how anyone can call themselves an SU fan and dismiss what OTL did there.

Have you ever hear the saying, "One oh shet erases 1,000 attaboys"? Btw, there have been two very high-profile stories mentioned in this thread alone where they at best embellished a lot and at worst just made a lot of stuff up. Integrity should be very important in real journalism. I have been "entertained" by several OTL pieces in the past, but when there are instances of fabrication of facts, it makes one question everything they present. And the Bernie Fine fiasco went way beyond mere fabrication of facts and it ultimately was very damaging to SU, Boeheim and particularly Bernie Fine.
I don't know how anyone can call themselves an SU fan and dismiss what OTL did there.
I said cite examples that didn't involve Bernie Fine. So far, no one has.

Also, it's easy to be an SU fan and dismiss what OTL did. Because ultimately, my loyalty lies with the concept of the program and not the coaches.

College Sports Radio on XM was talking yesterday about Art Briles getting fired. If that happens, I hope Baylor wouldn't look to Syracuse for its new head coach...
That's what I worry about

College Sports Radio on XM was talking yesterday about Art Briles getting fired. If that happens, I hope Baylor wouldn't look to Syracuse for its new head coach...

Not likely since it seems Babers was on staff for the 2011 incidents and there are allegations that asst. coaches knew.

Not sure of all the facts but the time line puts Babers on the staff when some of these alleged player issues were ongoing.

I suppose CBS and NBC are not reputable news sources either b/c of Rather and Williams.

All hail ABC and TMZ. The last bastions of American standards.

so how long before ESPN tries to tie some of this to Babers considering their past history of TMZ reporting?

This is crazy. That's a crazy amount of happenings in a short period of time.

so how long before ESPN tries to tie some of this to Babers considering their past history of TMZ reporting?

That's what I'm worried about. I have no worries about him going to Baylor, it's the fact he was an assistant when some of this happened. Did he know anything?

maybe we can poach their recruits

baylor is losing it's mind and we're reaping all the benefits

giphy.gif

Come on...if Ken Star couldn't get a conviction against Bill Clinton there is no way he will go after a few college football players doing what they know best....woman.

Babers is safe in all this mess as he bailed on the school just at the right time.

Even if Briles does get fired, I'd be very surprised to see Dino leave. He's acclimating very well to his community. From what I've heard, I truly believe he has a big vision for this program.
Even if Briles does get fired, I'd be very surprised to see Dino leave. He's acclimating very well to his community. From what I've heard, I truly believe he has a big vision for this program.
100% true...