Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans

Excellence:

Syndergaard got 4 outs, gave up 5 hits, 2 walks and 5 runs (and left the game with pain in arm)
GilMartin got 9 outs, gave up 7 hits, 1 walk and 5 runs
Salas got 3 outs, gave up 2 hits and 2 walks and 3 runs
Smokers got 3 outs, gave up 5 hits, 1 walk and 6 runs
Plawecki got 6 outs, gave 4 hits, 0 walks and 4 runs.

Every Met pitcher gave up at least three runs. The Mets got 25 batters out, (there were two errors but one only allowed a runner to advance), gave up 23 hits, (including 7 home runs), 6 walks and 23 runs, which is a franchise record for the Expos/Nationals. That's 54 batter, 54% of whom got on base and 43% of whom scored. Anthony Rendon was 6 for 6 with 3 home runs and 10 RBIs.

Excellence:

Syndergaard got 4 outs, gave up 5 hits, 2 walks and 5 runs (and left the game with pain in arm)
GilMartin got 9 outs, gave up 7 hits, 1 walk and 5 runs
Salas got 3 outs, gave up 2 hits and 2 walks and 3 runs
Smokers got 3 outs, gave up 5 hits, 1 walk and 6 runs
Plawecki got 6 outs, gave 4 hits, 0 walks and 4 runs.

Every Met pitcher gave up at least three runs. The Mets got 25 batters out, (there were two errors but one only allowed a runner to advance), gave up 23 hits, (including 7 home runs), 6 walks and 23 runs, which is a franchise record for the Expos/Nationals. That's 54 batter, 54% of whom got on base and 43% of whom scored. Anthony Rendon was 6 for 6 with 3 home runs and 10 RBIs.

Today was an utter embarrassment, but going in I would have signed for not getting swept, taking the series is a great sign, hopefully thor is ok.

Pitchers these days are so damn fragile.

It almost pays that when you do get a good year or two out of a starting pitcher it's worth dumping him for some solid position players.

With the Met Doctors we can expect him back in 2019.

Ron darling giving a great talk on how pitchers used to save their hardest throws for certain situations and now they try to throw 100 mph on every pitch. I think the rise of the radar gun and the keeping of stats on the fastest pitches and % of 100mph pitches has caused pitchers to unwisely use their best stuff all the time.

He compared it to hitters finding out they can hit home runs early and swinging for the fences all the time instead of becoming all-around good hitters, which is the cause of the horrific walk-to-strikeout rations these days.

You would think the coaching staff's job is to coach pitchers and batters out of these tenancies.

Can we stop calling Harvey the Dark Knight, he is anything but, he as been awful.

Can we stop calling Harvey the Dark Knight, he is anything but, he as been awful.
Don't expect to see the blue jerseys when Syndergaard starts.
He hates them.
Also don't expect him back before the ASG.

As we all expected, the Mets are 5th in the NL in runs scored and 15th in ERA

As we all expected, the Mets are 5th in the NL in runs scored and 15th in ERA

There's nothing wrong with any team that scoring a bunch of runs wouldn't cure.

I think they're second in the majors in hitting with men in scoring position

Which is actually kind of amazing considering they were historically bad last year.

Harvey is a tool, hes never going to be great unless he grows up.

He's never going to be great probably because his arm will never be the same. The guy was a great pitcher.

I'm a Braves fan so take this for what it's worth, but I've always had the impression Harvey was a little too big for his britches.

I'm calling it now... Harvey won't be a Met going into the 2019 season. I just hope the Mets are able to recoup some value out of him

I'm calling it now... Harvey won't be a Met going into the 2019 season. I just hope the Mets are able to recoup some value out of him

Ha it took you this long to realize that??

When he was great, I didn't think there was a chance they'd pay for him, and now, well, it'll be easier for them to let him walk.

Lol I heard my "source" the Harvey stuff has to deal with a New England Patriot Julian Edelman.

Google Edelman ex-girl friend and Harvey's current girlfriend.

Brian Mitchell for Harvey.

final offer, because I think im overpaying...

Ha it took you this long to realize that??

When he was great, I didn't think there was a chance they'd pay for him, and now, well, it'll be easier for them to let him walk.
I'm actually pretty curious to see how the pitching staff is dealt with. Degrom, Thor are certified studs and wheeler and Matz seem like they are solid depending on health. I think the Mets keep them all but that's assuming they want to stay as Mets. The Wilpons weren't afraid to spend big before the Madoff crap I'm hoping now that those payments are done they will start spending again. I do wonder if the shitshow that's the franchise will prevent these guys from re-signing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom