Miami/ND | Syracusefan.com

Miami/ND

ND made all the big plays last 2 minutes. Miami didn't. That's what wins tight games.

Notre Dame really impressive. They will blow us out
For whatever reason we've owned them recently. You'd think a team that passes so well would dominate us, but it hasn't happened. Cooney always killed them though so maybe him being gone will help them.

For whatever reason we've owned them recently. You'd think a team that passes so well would dominate us, but it hasn't happened. Cooney always killed them though so maybe him being gone will help them.

I was going to say the same. I know this isn't the typical Syracuse team, but it is a somewhat typical Notre Dame team, of late. Lots of shooters and good passing but not many athletes. This doesn't mean we won't get blown out, but the chances are low. Andrew White is essentially a taller Cooney at this point.

Brey has given so little attention to the defensive end over the years that I question why he has his players waste the energy it takes to run back to the defensive end after a change in possession. I think that has been part of the secret to our success against them.

I haven't watched them yet this year, does ND have the random inbred white dude that comes out of nowhere to average 18 pts and 12 rebounds?

I haven't watched them yet this year, does ND have the random inbred white dude that comes out of nowhere to average 18 pts and 12 rebounds?
They don't usually find that "guy" until he plays against our zone! Then he proceeds to put up those numbers for three more years against us!

To answer this briefly, no. There are no Luke Harangody's or Jack Cooley's on this Notre Dame team. They used to be a forward/center heavy team, however, the strength of their team is now their guard and wing play. Matt Farrell has done an impressive job filling the void that Jackson left, plays a gritty game. Vasturia and Beachem are the strength of the team on the wing, both are good athletes and are very good shooters. Additionally, they are veteran guys and disciplined defenders.

Colson has put up very solid numbers for being a very undersized big. We will see if he can keep this up as he plays better big men going into the heart of ACC play. They really lack a Center and with that, depth at the Center/PF position. Losing Zach Auguste may have been a bigger loss for them than Jackson. Martin Geben is serviceable but is a backup on a championship team. They have a freshman Mooney on their team but Brey hasn't been giving him minutes.

Off the bench they have some decent guards/wings but no frontcourt depth.

Typical Notre Dame team though, smart and well-coached. They won't beat themselves we have to go take it against them.

Brey is a great regular season coach. Dixon 2.0.

Brey has proven to be good in the tournament as well. He has made the Elite 8 the last 2 years and has to abide by different recruiting standards than other schools. Jamie Dixon has never accomplished what Mike Brey has in the above.

I do not see the comparison between the 2.

"Recently?"

ND made all the big plays last 2 minutes. Miami didn't. That's what wins tight games.

Every game it comes down to Steve Vasturia making a big play. Kid has ice in his veins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom