Miami of ohio coach. | Syracusefan.com

Miami of ohio coach.

Idk about their coach but I'm not sleeping tonight after losing Buffalo +8.5. Unbelievable hahahaha

I am a fan of his but can you really pick him over Candle?

Toledo has won 10 in a row (including at Miami) and they were 5 seconds away from being undefeated this year. They might be ranked soon.

He has? He has had one good year at Miami of Ohio and that's in his ninth year at the school.

He has won his division 3x and has one conference title, playing for a 2nd this year. He might be the best MAC HC.

He has won his division 3x and has one conference title, playing for a 2nd this year. He might be the best MAC HC.
Miami RedHawks (Mid-American Conference) (2014–present)
2014Miami2–102–66th (East)
2015Miami3–92–6T–5th (East)
2016Miami6–76–2T–1st (East)L St. Petersburg
2017Miami5–74–4T–3rd (East)
2018Miami6–66–2T–2nd (East)
2019Miami8–66–21st (East)L LendingTree
2020Miami2–12–1T–3rd (East)
2021Miami7–65–32nd (East)W Frisco Football Classic
2022Miami6–74–4T–4th (East)L Bahamas
2023Miami9–26–1
Miami:54-61

He’s in a contract year. Always get leery of that.

Why would we want a new headcoach who has that aggregate won/loss record? If we like him, we might as well keep Dino. Based on comments from people here, he really only has 2 seasons we would be good with as I look at them. His 2019 and 2023 seasons. Am I missing something with this guy?

Why would we want a new headcoach who has that aggregate won/loss record? If we like him, we might as well keep Dino. Based on comments from people here, he really only has 2 seasons we would be good with as I look at them. His 2019 and 2023 seasons. Am I missing something with this guy?
Yes, look into his background.

Looks like Chip Kelly might have some free time on his hands.

He took over a mess at Miami. That impacted his first two years. 2020 wasn't a real year, he only had 3 games. The other 7 years he has 3 division champs and is playing for his 2nd MAC title in two weeks. His record over that time in the MAC is 37-18, so he has won over two thirds of his games. He has done nothing OOC and would be a boring hire, but his record in the MAC is actually good. I wouldn't expect him to have much of a ceiling but his basement would likely be much better than Dino's. Again boring but safe. A hard sell to most fans though.

Also he has been an OC at Notre Dame so he has the P5 experience and some familiarity with Northeastern recruiting.

His time at Grand Valley State is impressive as well.

I think he might be the best HC in the MAC.

The one guy who might be better is Candle. If he goes 12-1 you can sell that to the fans.

So had some time at Grand valley that was successful but it was Grande valley(had to look that school up). ND time, ok thats nice. His win totals at Miami 2,3,6,5,6,8,2,7,6 and 9. In fairness his final 2 was a covid season. If we don’t count his first 2 years his wins are 6,5,6,8,2,7,6 and 9. Not exactly inspiring.

So had some time at Grand valley that was successful but it was Grande valley(had to look that school up). ND time, ok thats nice. His win totals at Miami 2,3,6,5,6,8,2,7,6 and 9. In fairness his final 2 was a covid season. If we don’t count his first 2 years his wins are 6,5,6,8,2,7,6 and 9. Not exactly inspiring.

His background is very similar to Leipold's. The thought would be that you are bringing in the next Lance. Martin wouldn't be my first choice but he should be on the list.

Who are the other REALISTIC candidates that are clearly ahead of him?

I am a fan of his but can you really pick him over Candle?

Toledo has won 10 in a row (including at Miami) and they were 5 seconds away from being undefeated this year. They might be ranked soon.
I agree but Toledo beat them at home and knocked their QB out for the season. Probably the best QB in the MAC. Toledo will win the rematch in the championship game.

I agree but Toledo beat them at home and knocked their QB out for the season. Probably the best QB in the MAC. Toledo will win the rematch in the championship game.
Wait Miami has been using their backup all this time? In that case put Martin at the top of the list!

This “selling the fans” thing is so overblown. I hope the admin doesn’t have that on the list of things when looking for a new coach.

You know what will “sell the fans”. Someone who can win consistently and someone who can win more than 1-2 ACC games a year. You know what doesn’t matter, their name in an article.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom