Miami Postgame Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Miami Postgame Thoughts

They need all the points. From wherever. I just don’t feel like this particular game Bell deserves a game ball
agreed with that. No game ball from me.

just saying if you take Bell out. Who do you play?

Benny couldnt make a shot today.
Taylor was the worst player on the team today.
Cuffe is a huge liability on offense and small.

im all for the o for d swap Red did when possible.
its not ideal, i wish Taylor or Benny could shoot like Chris, but they can’t.

Today it might be up for debate but over the course of the season/his career I'm not even willing to entertain that he helps us more than he hurts us. I have never seen a more one dimensional player in my life and the defense is getting worse, not better. Thank god for him that he made those shots down the stretch because he would be getting cooked on here like we haven't seen someone get cooked in awhile. Lol
For sure. I’m talking about today and when he’s making shots. If he’s not shooting well, he’s unplayable

Here’s a question .. does it help us more that we barely beat Miami and thus they drop less in computer rankings (making the win more valuable) or would the summation of benefits be more to our advantage had we rolled them?

This question is somewhat tongue in cheek as the fact such brain teaser questions are in play is beyond stupid

Today it might be up for debate but over the course of the season/his career I'm not even willing to entertain that he helps us more than he hurts us. I have never seen a more one dimensional player in my life and the defense is getting worse, not better. Thank god for him that he made those shots down the stretch because he would be getting cooked on here like we haven't seen someone get cooked in awhile. Lol
So, I’ll push back a tiny bit. One little thing I noticed is after brown got caught outside the lane for that first bucket, Bell adjusted a bit to shade the Miami big when maliq challenged the pick and roll on the perimeter. Probably coached to do it, but I don’t remember any more of those, and brown did it all day.

But in straight man, I’m pretty sure I could get by Bell, and I’ll be 55 in a few short weeks. And I’m a bad dribbler.

That's how much you know about basketball Gods. The Basketball God said to himself, how can I make this painful for Miami? Hmm. How about if I bank in 3 followed by a 3 pointer at the horn. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Don’t start a basketball god holy war

Miami was averaging over 80 points a game and we held them to 69.

niiice GIF

Ugh, watching Tennessee and Alabama and Jay Williams comes on and says that at halftime he will show why Judah should never have been able to make that pass to Quadir. What a mfing a-hole. Show highlights of a great game, not that crap.

Miami was averaging over 80 points a game and we held them to 69.
well they were missing some key dudes. shot 49% from the floor. 35%deep. not too bad.

Last edited:
Tremendous win. No feeling like a great Cuse win.
-I know everyone is going to remember this game for Quadir’s Amazing shot. And that was beyond exciting. Looked great doing it, wasn’t flukey at all. The celebration was epic. Can’t imagine how he got his phone so quickly.
-But I thought Judah was amazing today. His defense was the best he has ever played after a very slow start which caused red to pull him. Judah finally dug deep and was outstanding on the defensive end. He was also great rebounding for the second straight game. It somehow has clicked with him that he needs to be an all around player. Thirteen assists! Didn’t panic on the last play and force up a hero shot. Maybe the maturity is coming and I’m hoping it is. He shot three for 13 from the field and I can’t help but think it was one of his best games of the year.
-JJ looks like a different guy. The follow-through is totally different than it was earlier in the year. The shot isn’t beautiful but the hitch isn’t there. And he is playing with confidence. Pack burned him in the second half on a few occasions, but otherwise he played good defense. Great to see him emerging like we hoped.
-Bell had some great shots that we don’t win without. But he was badly exposed on the defensive end and as always on the boards. Going forward might be time for red to consider going offense defense with him down the stretch if given the opportunity.
-this team does not give up. I’ll admit that I thought it looked pretty glum when we were down seven after we had come back in the second half. I did think red went with Benny a little too long before he went back to bell. But that is nitpicking. Red is a good coach And continually improves. Our shot selection, which was poor in the first half was much better in the second. After Judah got burned with some poor effort on defense in the first half he took him out earlier than he ever has. Definitely made a difference In Judah’s performance.
-seemed like a terrific crowd. I hope everyone gets out for Florida State so we can keep up this momentum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom