Miami Postgame Thoughts | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Miami Postgame Thoughts

Very exciting game.

I was planning to be there but some things came up this week and didn’t want to overextend myself. One of those weeks where a lot of “small” things have been adding up, but most importantly found out a few days ago that one of my college (SU) roommates lost his wife after an accident abroad. A few friends are meeting up a few hours southeast (NY) tonight for the services tomorrow.

Got teared up watching that ending a couple of times. Needed something positive. Go SU.

Red was outstanding today!
Red was great today.

Pulled Judah twice (he was not happy) to try and wake him up early in the game - it worked.

Kept Brown in with 4 fouls with about 5:30 to go vs trying to put Benny in - you could see the coaches really talking about that.

Moving Q on Pack after he hit some bombs.

He took Bell out after some bad D but also realized he needed him down 7 so quickly got him back in

Red was great today.

Pulled Judah twice (he was not happy) to try and wake him up early in the game - it worked.

Kept Brown in with 4 fouls with about 5:30 to go vs trying to put Benny in - you could see the coaches really talking about that.

Moving Q on Pack after he hit some bombs.

He took Bell out after some bad D but also realized he needed him down 7 so quickly got him back in
Red pressed all the right buttons to help his team win.

Another terrific game from Judah Mintz! Sure, he didn't have his shot today, But he got a career-best 13 assists, 8 rebounds and 2 steals. He was his usual reliable self at the foul line, making 4 of 5 to help close out the game. Terrific job, even with a few "ole's" on defense.

Starling with another terrific game. Q with the clutch 3 to win it, but a pretty solid game all around. Benny and Q not with their best games, but made good plays at important times.

Chris Bell with some threes when we needed them. Taylor with another no-show game, lots of misses from three, and only a couple boards in his 15 minutes.

We needed this win, and we got it. Crowd sounded very good in the 2nd half comeback and at the end. We have 3 games in the next 10 days - Fla. State, NC State at home, and BC on the road. We have to win all three if we want to make the NCAAs. No excuses.

I’m not defending everything he does.…so don’t take this like I’m the Judah defense squad….

10 pts, 8 boards, 13 assists.

maybe this board can appreciate what he does sometimes, myself included.

Thank god Q was open and he passed it to him.

I was screaming at the TV that he waited til 5.5 secs to start his drive then stopped double teamed in no-where's ville...

Not much more to add, I think it’s all been said… but, how fun to see an end of the game where teams were exchanging buckets, not sloppy turnovers & unnecessary fouls.

There’s just something extra sweet about not JUST a game winner, but a walk off game winner with no time left… 00’s on the board! Even better with Quadir & his infectious energy.

P.S. the fact that there are folks on here complaining about Chris Bell after a game like that is ridiculous. Can you even enjoy an exciting walk off game winner before spending your energy complaining about Bell, who hit some massive shots for us or nah? I mean, you are a Syracuse Orange fan, right? Just enjoy the win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom